Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Also issue 189 is out that less than a year until issue 200!
    Two questions: What issue are we watching now roughly?
    AND: How long (issue wise) do you think the comics can really truly go?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's hard to say for sure there's stuff happening in these issues in the comics that happened on the show already, like Gregory being hanged is issue 138 but that happened in the premiere. I'd say we're at about issue 139/140.

Comics could only be half done. Kirkman says he never wants it to end. He says he's usually got ideas for the next 50 issues.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's hard to say for sure there's stuff happening in these issues in the comics that happened on the show already, like Gregory being hanged is issue 138 but that happened in the premiere. I'd say we're at about issue 139/140.

Comics could only be half done. Kirkman says he never wants it to end. He says he's usually got ideas for the next 50 issues.
    I would love to see the show evolve to a World War Z where they travel to other countries to see the devastation there and maybe Walkers there behalf differently? Maybe they can think?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, the comics went from Kentucky to Atlanta to Virginia/D.C. and have also expanded to places like Pittsburgh and what I'm assuming is the Cleveland area.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the comics went from Kentucky to Atlanta to Virginia/D.C. and have also expanded to places like Pittsburgh and what I'm assuming is the Cleveland area.
    I mean world. Like have a point come where they go over seas....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

There'd kind of need to be a reason for that though. Navigation alone would be a pain in the ass without satellites. It was cool that Fear went down to Baja... Shame so little of it was well done.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad Dwight is going to be on FWD. I had grown to like his character.

I've also always really liked Maggie and wish they used her a little more in recent years. I understand why they let her go with the contract negotiations.

My biggest issue right now is all the new characters they've brought on the the show since the Eugene era (with the exception of Ezekiel) have not resonated with me for some reason. These new folks haven't done much for me so far. If they are able to pull off the Negan heel to face turn, that would be one, but other than that I really don't care about any of the newer characters.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm glad Dwight is going to be on FWD. I had grown to like his character.

I've also always really liked Maggie and wish they used her a little more in recent years. I understand why they let her go with the contract negotiations.

My biggest issue right now is all the new characters they've brought on the the show since the Eugene era (with the exception of Ezekiel) have not resonated with me for some reason. These new folks haven't done much for me so far. If they are able to pull off the Negan heel to face turn, that would be one, but other than that I really don't care about any of the newer characters.

I'm quite fond of Connie right now in terms of a new character. I like the way Alpha, Beta, and Lydia have been portrayed on the show (but I've also known them in comic form for years). I think a lot of the new characters have worked, but not always consistently. I loved Simon, and he's a big reason why I enjoy Season 7 and 8 more than most people (The Saviors were just far more interesting and entertaining than the heroes). Gregory was such a great character. Xander Berkeley killed that performance. He's just great in the role...so many nuances in his performance. That reminds me...I have edit and post the In Memoriams I wrote for Simon and Gregory.

Aaron is a solid character and Ross Marquand always steps up when they need him to...but they they give him some shitty material like last season with Hilltop's "I'm going to wander around the woods for 6 episodes until these bitches performed the lamest Dues Ex Machina of all time" plotline. I enjoy Enid yet I'm always wishing they do more with her. She kind of vanished in Season 8. But I think that's the case for a lot of characters. There isn't enough screentime for anyone to have significant development, which leas us into the 'oh no, this underused character is speaking a lot this episode; they're probably going to die" formula that's been with this show since T-Dogg dared to have an opinion about something in Season 3.

I have liiked that the show has returned to it's focus on character. I think once more established character bite the dust, we'll see the newer characters step up and hopefully have some good writing to work with. I've always liked Tara, but they've poorly used her for most of the past three seasons. She's jumped up leaps and bounds with just a few good lines of dialogue in this back half of S9. When she said, "No. We're going back to Hilltop where it's safe until we figure out what to do", I was like 'you go Tara!'. Sounds like she's going to be a good leader.

Country
    Country Flag

Beta is the best bad guy this show has had. PERIOD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Beta is the best bad guy this show has had. PERIOD.
    I like The Governor, Negan just annoys me, but I agree. Beta is pretty bad ass.

The Highwaymen group looks like they might be pretty cool as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Negan is bae, not necessarily as a villain, but just as a character. Beta and Alpha are both great villains though.

I actually loved how they handled The Highwaymen. We were expecting there to be a big standoff and maybe some conflict. It all felt like a big homage to Season 1 with The Vatos...approaching the group, having someone get the drop on them, and then the reveal they aren't bad guys. The way it was resolved with Carol saying "When was the last time any of you have seen a movie?" not only made the trip to the theatre feel like it served a purpose, but it validates Ezekliel's reason for wanting to go to the theatre in the first place. And it was a nice little moment that put a smile on my face and made me laugh.

The Beta and Daryl fight was great. Beta looked like a badass. He was on top of Daryl the entire time. The way they used that secret stash as a way for Daryl to neutralize Beta and get away was great. Beta was a beast and Daryl had to out think him to survive. Beta too was also shown to very smart in how he understood what the ambush was, and entered that room holding the door to protect against the crossbow since he knew Daryl had one. If that was a wrestling match, I would say it was incredibly well booked: it was creative, developed both characters, was exciting, and furthered the overall story. Also a nice little homage to Michael Myers with the fall and getting back up.

Connie has been a real good addition to the cast. I hope she's around for awhile.

This next episode seems to be focused heavily on flashbacks and why Michonne has changed and the rift between the communities, which is fitting if they're about to go to the fair. Perfect time to have a little aside before we ramp up for the finale, which is what I've been waiting to see on screen for nearly 4 years.

It's great that they've brought Beta into the story earlier. You don't see Beta in the comics until issue 154, 14 months after Alpha debuted.

Country
    Country Flag

Negan is bae, not necessarily as a villain, but just as a character. Beta and Alpha are both great villains though.

I actually loved how they handled The Highwaymen. We were expecting there to be a big standoff and maybe some conflict. It all felt like a big homage to Season 1 with The Vatos...approaching the group, having someone get the drop on them, and then the reveal they aren't bad guys. The way it was resolved with Carol saying "When was the last time any of you have seen a movie?" not only made the trip to the theatre feel like it served a purpose, but it validates Ezekliel's reason for wanting to go to the theatre in the first place. And it was a nice little moment that put a smile on my face and made me laugh.

The Beta and Daryl fight was great. Beta looked like a badass. He was on top of Daryl the entire time. The way they used that secret stash as a way for Daryl to neutralize Beta and get away was great. Beta was a beast and Daryl had to out think him to survive. Beta too was also shown to very smart in how he understood what the ambush was, and entered that room holding the door to protect against the crossbow since he knew Daryl had one. If that was a wrestling match, I would say it was incredibly well booked: it was creative, developed both characters, was exciting, and furthered the overall story. Also a nice little homage to Michael Myers with the fall and getting back up.

Connie has been a real good addition to the cast. I hope she's around for awhile.

This next episode seems to be focused heavily on flashbacks and why Michonne has changed and the rift between the communities, which is fitting if they're about to go to the fair. Perfect time to have a little aside before we ramp up for the finale, which is what I've been waiting to see on screen for nearly 4 years.

It's great that they've brought Beta into the story earlier. You don't see Beta in the comics until issue 154, 14 months after Alpha debuted.
    Wow!! Beta takes over a year to come to the comics? Reason why?

Are the highwaymen in the comics?

I read somewhere that someone believe the Whisperers arc will end this season or early next. You think? I hope not. This show is my fav again. I hope it sticks around and lasts a good season or two.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I don't care for Alpha. But I've never really been into crazy chicks so..........

I'm really loving Connie as well. I'm hoping for a little Daryl and Connie romance down the line. I think they make a great team.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I read somewhere that someone believe the Whisperers arc will end this season or early next. You think? I hope not. This show is my fav again. I hope it sticks around and lasts a good season or two.

The Highwaymen aren't in the comics. Beta just isn't introduced until then. The Whisperer plotline definitely won't end this season or early next. It will just be getting started at the end of this season. It probably won't wrap up until 11a, but it could wrap up at the end of last season. Without spoiling anything, the Whisperer arc bleeds into other arcs in the comics and the consequences of it continue even after the primary plotline is over. I do hope the show wraps it up a little better because as good as The Whisperers are, it kind of ends with a whimper...or a whisper.

Country
    Country Flag

The Highwaymen aren't in the comics. Beta just isn't introduced until then. The Whisperer plotline definitely won't end this season or early next. It will just be getting started at the end of this season. It probably won't wrap up until 11a, but it could wrap up at the end of last season. Without spoiling anything, the Whisperer arc bleeds into other arcs in the comics and the consequences of it continue even after the primary plotline is over. I do hope the show wraps it up a little better because as good as The Whisperers are, it kind of ends with a whimper...or a whisper.
    Very intrigued. I now am dying to know how it all ends in the comics. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You and I were thinking along the same lines because I saw the Beta vs. Daryl fight as a wrestling match too. You and a few others might be the only ones to understand this, but I thought it was smart to use Daryl to put Beta over. Daryl is the biggest badass the show has ever known and Beta took him to the woodshed. Everyone else should be shitting their pants right now.

Also, you gotta love how movies bring people together. Pretty cool.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

#ihopehenryfuckingdies

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

#prettysoon (potential spoilers)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

You and I were thinking along the same lines because I saw the Beta vs. Daryl fight as a wrestling match too. You and a few others might be the only ones to understand this, but I thought it was smart to use Daryl to put Beta over. Daryl is the biggest badass the show has ever known and Beta took him to the woodshed. Everyone else should be shitting their pants right now.

Also, you gotta love how movies bring people together. Pretty cool.

I was afraid that it was going to be too much too soon, but I also expected Daryl to take more of a beating than he did. Instead we got a nice little scuffle that gave us just enough.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Is anyone else struggling with the fact that a simple mask made from a walker fools the walkers enough that they don't attack them? I feel like in previous episodes they made it a point to show them just slopping themselves with blood and guts to blend in and walk among them (with no masks) although even that didn't work 100% of the time for whatever reason.

But now just having a mask and shuffling around does the trick?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The masks would smell like the dead, I imagine. They have probably spent enough time around the dead to smell kind of like them. The masks would fool them by sight and mask their scent enough. If they don't make sound, I imagine the walkers have the capabilities to know they're not dead.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Is anyone else struggling with the fact that a simple mask made from a walker fools the walkers enough that they don't attack them? I feel like in previous episodes they made it a point to show them just slopping themselves with blood and guts to blend in and walk among them (with no masks) although even that didn't work 100% of the time for whatever reason.

But now just having a mask and shuffling around does the trick?
    Interesting point. At one point in the latest episode, Beta and another Whisperer were just standing still, plotting with one another while the zombies moved around them. I thought their lack of movement would have drawn attention from the walkers.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good episode, although I think it should have been more Michonne AND Daryl in "that scene" rather than just Michonne outside.

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty emotional episode that answered a lot of questions. And showed that Judith is still just a kid.

Country
    Country Flag

Loved it. ONLY thing I didn't like was how all of a sudden Darryl is out of his bonds and untieing Michonne. What happened there.... seems like bad editing and a scene was missing.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast