Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 151 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Come on now. Lori wasn't being dumb. She was being devious. She knew Rick could take him and she was turning up the heat so the kettle would boil. She wanted Shane out of the way so he wouldn't endanger Carl with his erratic behavior. That in itself is pretty dumb, but I think it came from more of a plotting place than a just being too dumb to realize Shane would lose it place.

There's a guy coming up at some point called The Governor that I won't say anything spoiler-y about, but will just say that he very strongly illustrates why a society built on the mindset that Shane had in the show does not work for rebuilding anything.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    It didn't help that she seemed to be giving him "fuck me eyes" the whole time.

Even though Shane was losing his mind towards the end (as obvious by the tics), he still had the most sense of the group for post-apoc living. Stop being sympathetic for humanity! The WORLD is DEAD ffs. Natural selection/survival of the fittest or w/e. Just KILL PEOPLE and smile while wearing your favorite "Have a Nice Day" tee. I didn't care that Dale got ate. He was annoying because he was always up in everyone's biz and a whiner. Seriously, shut the fuck up already Dale. In the end, I'm glad that he did. He would have made a cool zombie though--blood soaked beard and unibrow. Dale had some fucking huge eyebrows, whoa.
    If the world goes to Hell remind me to stay away from you. I don't know if you have read or watched The Road but I am betting that is the attitude the people that became cannibals had. I would rather be like the father and son in The Road and protect "the fire." You don't have to be a bitch to show a little humanity to other people. In fact, being ruthless in that situation is the easy way in my opinion. Dale had more guts than Shane ever thought of having. He went around standing up for what he believed despite all the opposition including facing a man he knew to be crazy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

Even though Shane was losing his mind towards the end (as obvious by the tics), he still had the most sense of the group for post-apoc living. Stop being sympathetic for humanity! The WORLD is DEAD ffs. Natural selection/survival of the fittest or w/e. Just KILL PEOPLE and smile while wearing your favorite "Have a Nice Day" tee. I didn't care that Dale got ate. He was annoying because he was always up in everyone's biz and a whiner. Seriously, shut the fuck up already Dale. In the end, I'm glad that he did. He would have made a cool zombie though--blood soaked beard and unibrow. Dale had some fucking huge eyebrows, whoa.
    If the world goes to Hell remind me to stay away from you. I don't know if you have read or watched The Road but I am betting that is the attitude the people that became cannibals had. I would rather be like the father and son in The Road and protect "the fire." You don't have to be a bitch to show a little humanity to other people. In fact, being ruthless in that situation is the easy way in my opinion. Dale had more guts than Shane ever thought of having. He went around standing up for what he believed despite all the opposition including facing a man he knew to be crazy.
    Probably not a bad idea bud. End of the world? Most everyone I know or ever knew a walking piece of meat? I would certainly do whatever was necessary to protect myself and my family. That wouldn't include keeping a dude alive who blatantly tried to snipe me from the rooftops. Nor would it mean being sympathetic towards that type of person like Dale was. If he had tried to shoot my family and was lying there with his leg impaled, I would have got in a few good licks with a tire iron before walking away leaving him for food. An old man tries to keep me out of his "safe haven" due to people problems (Hershel)? Step aside my dude, we're staying anyways because you have food and water and my family is hungry. Don't like it? There's no law and I'm a pretty quick shot. How about we just agree? Shane had the right idea.

Yes, I've seen The Road and from my recollection the father did whatever was absolutely necessary for his and the boy's best interest. INCLUDING killing his own boy. He didn't even give the old man a spoon ffs. That's all I'm trying to say here. Do what's in yours and your family's best interest. Make sense? That's all Shane was doing.

Traveler Lady Santos will become famous soon enough Lady Santos's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Walking Dead. As one of those people that watches anything with the word "Zombie" in it, or looks like it might contain zombie related material, or come free with purchase of a 2 liter bottle of vodka, I sigh. The Walking Dead is a perfect example to me of what people should NOT do in case of a Zombie Apocalypse. I am surprised at some of the hate for Dale. He, Glen, Rick, and Darryl, seem to be the only people with any sense in this series, and my opinion of Rick goes back and forth. Shane is a horrible person. He reminds me of a Maury episode, where his girlfriend is trying to establish a new life and he keeps intruding over his restraining order. I, for one, am glad he is gone.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

Probably not a bad idea bud. End of the world? Most everyone I know or ever knew a walking piece of meat? I would certainly do whatever was necessary to protect myself and my family. That wouldn't include keeping a dude alive who blatantly tried to snipe me from the rooftops. Nor would it mean being sympathetic towards that type of person like Dale was. If he had tried to shoot my family and was lying there with his leg impaled, I would have got in a few good licks with a tire iron before walking away leaving him for food. An old man tries to keep me out of his "safe haven" due to people problems (Hershel)? Step aside my dude, we're staying anyways because you have food and water and my family is hungry. Don't like it? There's no law and I'm a pretty quick shot. How about we just agree? Shane had the right idea.

Yes, I've seen The Road and from my recollection the father did whatever was absolutely necessary for his and the boy's best interest. INCLUDING killing his own boy. He didn't even give the old man a spoon ffs. That's all I'm trying to say here. Do what's in yours and your family's best interest. Make sense? That's all Shane was doing.

I understand what you are saying but how the father in The Road acted and how Shane acted were not the same. They both did what they THOUGHT they needed to do to survive but the father did not just kill anyone that got in his way. He sometimes was more ruthless than he meant to be and in those times the boy helped him to remember his values. For example, he returned to give the man who would have left them for dead his stuff back. As for his considering killing his own son, that was to protect him from a horrible death by the cannibals. That is a mercy and much different than killing a man that is helping you so that you can survive.

As for The Walking Dead, I would like to point out that I also thought it was stupid to bring the kid that shot at them back to their home. I would have put him out of his misery. That is different than having a "few good licks with a tire iron before walking away leaving him for food." I don't think that is necessary for "my family's best interest." Shooting Hershel, the only one close to a doctor I know, is also not in my "family's best interest."

It is obvious that we are never going to agree about this.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm loving all of the moral dilemmas this show is stirring. Keep it comin' guys!

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

I never said shoot Hershel! I said force him to agree. If he doesn't agree? Then shoot Hershel. Shane didn't kill everyone that got in his way. If that were the case, Dale would have ended up like Ed long before being a sandwich in episode 18. Kinda wish he had smashed Dale's teeth in when the old man held a gun to his chest. Yes, Shane wanted to kill Rick. However, that is because Shane believes Rick to be incompetent (which I totally agree). It's a struggle between two Alphas. Not a lunatic on a killing spree. In reality, besides Larry the Cable Guy (the one who shot Carl), who else did Shane really take out? If it was your survival or some strangers and there was no other choice, would you take the stranger out to escape or potentially be taken out so that the stranger can escape? Seems obvious to me.

When you're nice like the father in The Road, you end up dead by some beach with an arrow protruding from your leg and no belongings. When you're a hard-ass like Eli, mission accomplished.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's what I've been trying to say. I don't think if a zombie apocalypse is upon us that we need to loose are humanity. I think Rick is a wonderful leader. He'll make hard choices and be the one to do the things that need to be done if need be. But he's not ruthless and without a heart. And I think Dale is a wonderful person. And he was hanging onto that. And I agree with what Chris said, Shane could never rule. He would end up being like the governor, which is a bad thing in my opinion.

I guess what's scary, is that if something were to happen, so many people would turn like that as opposed to banning together to try to fight the zombies and save the human race. And how long till everyone's dead if that happens?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Dale is a wonderful person and a loving, kindred spirit and all that jazz ... but if you were to ask me who I'd prefer to carry the leadership baton in a zombie apocalypse, I'd say Shane (or someone like him), without a trace of doubt.

Barring the Lori-Rick-Triangle that ultimately caused him to become unhinged, Shane's actions are always in the best interest of the group. Can he be extreme ? Absolutely. Is he your best bet to help keep you and your family safe ? Yes.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You would pick Shane over Rick?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely.

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Yeah, Dale is a wonderful person and a loving, kindred spirit and all that jazz ... but if you were to ask me who I'd prefer to carry the leadership baton in a zombie apocalypse, I'd say Shane (or someone like him), without a trace of doubt.

Barring the Lori-Rick-Triangle that ultimately caused him to become unhinged, Shane's actions are always in the best interest of the group. Can he be extreme ? Absolutely. Is he your best bet to help keep you and your family safe ? Yes.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

comic spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    ...and then you get buttraped by The Governor.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

So I was watching a video about The Hunger Games coming out this Friday and they ended talking about somebody who is signed on to be a character in WD next season and that character is
    Spoiler:
    THE GOVERNOR

I wish we didn't have to wait so long for the next season.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When you're nice like the father in The Road, you end up dead by some beach with an arrow protruding from your leg and no belongings. When you're a hard-ass like Eli, mission accomplished.
    I think you sorely misjudged the father in The Road. It was his fear of the world being turned evil, that no more nice men existed, that drove him and his son to isolation. Where as if he'd simply learned to trust in his fellow man and that not all were animals...he didn't die because he was nice but because he was stubborn and unable to believe in common decency.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

And as for what they did with that kid they brought back, I'd say things went about righ. Rick was going to do the most humane thing without threatening his group in releasing him far away but he knew where the farm was. I don't think Rick wanted to kill him but knew it might have to be done. A lot of the reasons things happened with that kid was a power grab between Rick and Shane. If Shane had of been solely the voice of execution and people agreed with him, they may start to trust Shane and his judgement and he may have become leader; Rick had to maintain control so he sided on execution side,even though it goes against his moral values. Rick was happy he didn't have to execute him, I think. Dale was the most right though as they had to keep their civility. They don't kill the living. The enemy is the walkers and humans should be allies in the struggle but survival makes men do crazy things.

Still, executing the kid or not, they are still more civil than the group he came from, judging by the story the kid told. And that counts for something. I think Rick had the benefit of seeing the group in Atlanta, keeping the old people safe, gave him some hope for pockets of decent, human beings. However as evidenced by what happened with Shane and those two guys at the bar; Rick will do what is necessary he just won't do it until it's necessary.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing about tonight's episode yet? Looks like next season is going to bring a number of the things y'all have mentioned from the comics.

Also, what do y'all think of the new harder Rick? Are you Rick haters coming around or do you think it is just an act?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Firstly ... a comic book spoiler:

Spoiler:
    MICHONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!!1 HAHAHaaaaaakhcjknodio3diod3d3dnowqxkjxnaljcxaklxa! !!!!!! So happy! SOOOOO SO happy!

OK, ahem ... lol. Happy. Hee hee. Now, onto the episode. GREAT episode. One of the best of the series so far. Very excited for next season. Yay!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone thought that
    Spoiler:
    the kid belonged to the Govenor's group?

And it was also great to see Michonne and then the prison in the background!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What an awesome finale! I actually found myself rooting for

Spoiler:
    Andrea to make it even though I don't much care for her.

I loved how they shoot the scene where Rick told Lori about Shane and what went down. I don't know the lingo but Rick was in the front and Lori was in the foreground and watching the alternating emotions going through their faces was great.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Before we go any further - would you all prefer if I add a spoiler tag to the thread title so that we don't have mark spoilers from the tv show? (comic book spoilers still need to be added). Or are you all okay with the current setup ?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think people will still spoil the show and or the comic book no matter what you put in the title lol. That's why you gotta stay up to date! Lol

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved how they started off with the herd of zombie timeline. Showing the zombies eating Rick's horse in Atlanta when the chopper flew over and starting off the long road to Herschel's Farm.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Before we go any further - would you all prefer if I add a spoiler tag to the thread title so that we don't have mark spoilers from the tv show? (comic book spoilers still need to be added). Or are you all okay with the current setup ?
    As long as it's aired, I don't see why we would need to spoil anything. The whole thread would just be one spoiler after another.

As for last night. I loved it! I loved the beginning with the horde of zombies. The fight at the farm. And I loved Andrea this episode. I haven't been a huge fan of tv Andrea, although she is probably my favorite character in the comics. I think last nights episode showed what I love so much about her from the stories. Being stuck smack dab in the middle of all the zombies and making it out alive! And the surprise appearance at the end was probably my favorite scene from all the episodes combined. I wasn't expecting that at all. I don't recall seeing the prison. I'll have to go back and watch it again.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure i saw the prison as it paned out at the end?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 151 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast