Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 151 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I thought of another great defense system they could use.

One word: moat.

It worked for thousands of years, I see no reason why it can't come in handy here. Walkers have shown that they aren't that great in the water. A moat would also be a difficult obstacle for humans as well.

Yes, it's a lot of work, but a man-made moat could be done with enough man power. The hardest part would be finding a water source.

If this is truly going to be home, I would stop at nothing to make sure it's as secure as possible.
    They used pits in the Governor's second base (where he lived with Tara and her sister).....similar to a moat.

I get the impression based on comments made in the show that they were able to build the wall because, at the time, there were almost no wallkers around.....but that has changed....so building a moat now mighr be difficult.
    I forgot about the pits. Those were useful. Well, one idea is that they could build the moat on the inside of Alexandria. Then remove the wall and put it back up on the other side of the moat. The wall really needs to be replaced. It's too easy to be climb and the supports are on the wrong side. This makes it not as stable and easier to climb as well.

They have the equipment and the man power to do this. I think about this stuff more than I should throughout the day
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

How did Darryl come in at the end with Morgan? No one was on guard duty because of the meeting, and Rick saw the open gate and locked it...is it that easy to climb in? If it is, that's a problem.

And as for the moat, that's just not feasible. It would require too much man power not only to dig the moat, but to bring in water from somewhere, water that would be better served as drinking water. A plain ol' pit around Alexandria, with sharp, wooden pikes built into the ground would be more effective, less gross to clean up (walkers would dissolve and the water would be disgusting as all hell) and would not require moving tens of thousands of pounds of water, replacing said water when it runs low, and, I can only imagine they have a well system, and tens of thousands of gallons of contaminated water getting into their groundwater would be bad.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    How did Darryl come in at the end with Morgan? No one was on guard duty because of the meeting, and Rick saw the open gate and locked it...is it that easy to climb in? If it is, that's a problem.

And as for the moat, that's just not feasible. It would require too much man power not only to dig the moat, but to bring in water from somewhere, water that would be better served as drinking water. A plain ol' pit around Alexandria, with sharp, wooden pikes built into the ground would be more effective, less gross to clean up (walkers would dissolve and the water would be disgusting as all hell) and would not require moving tens of thousands of pounds of water, replacing said water when it runs low, and, I can only imagine they have a well system, and tens of thousands of gallons of contaminated water getting into their groundwater would be bad.
    I mentioned the same thing about Morgan and Daryl getting in at the end on another message board. It bugged me for a second, but I understand why they wanted to do that.

As for a moat, it would be pretty sweet though.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Deanna sent the kid that left it open back to the gate when Rick told the group it had been left open....he could have let them in.

But, based on that I saw.....it was a simple deadbolt that anyone could reach in and turn.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not a big TV watcher but I was introduced to The Walking Dead in December last year. I watched everything up to the mid-season finale on season 5 waiting for the show to return. I am absolutely hooked. This is an awesome show. LOVE IT!! I cant believe what I was missing all this time. Cant wait for season 6 to start.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post
    I am not a big TV watcher but I was introduced to The Walking Dead in December last year. I watched everything up to the mid-season finale on season 5 waiting for the show to return. I am absolutely hooked. This is an awesome show. LOVE IT!! I cant believe what I was missing all this time. Cant wait for season 6 to start.
    I love The Walking Dead, but there are a lot of other great shows you might be missing. I would say that within the last 10 years TV has been experiencing a renaissance. There have been some truly great shows on TV in that time. The quality rivals film in many aspects and surpasses it in some cases.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. TV has been amazing... Just started the new Daredevil today... WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I love The Walking Dead, but there are a lot of other great shows you might be missing. I would say that within the last 10 years TV has been experiencing a renaissance. There have been some truly great shows on TV in that time. The quality rivals film in many aspects and surpasses it in some cases.
    Yeah like Mad Men! lol Like Don Draper, (and Alec Baldwin) I'm always selling. I've got a few TV shows to watch: Breaking Bad, House of Card, True Detective, and The Newsroom. By the time I watch all of them, Game of Thrones should be about wrapping up.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah like Mad Men! lol Like Don Draper, (and Alec Baldwin) I'm always selling. I've got a few TV shows to watch: Breaking Bad, House of Card, True Detective, and The Newsroom. By the time I watch all of them, Game of Thrones should be about wrapping up.
    I'd say that's about right. GoT is certainly the kind of show that benefits from watching it in chunks.

Also, I'm not sure if you just listed those shows, but that's probably the order in which you should watch those shows. Although I don't watch Cards.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Breaking Bad but haven't started watching it yet. I'm going to do that while I wait for TWD to come back!! What do you think of the companion series Fear The Walking Dead? I'm not sure about it but I am planning to try that out too when it starts.

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Breaking Bad but haven't started watching it yet. I'm going to do that while I wait for TWD to come back!! What do you think of the companion series Fear The Walking Dead? I'm not sure about it but I am planning to try that out too when it starts.
    I think Fear of The Walking Dead has potential to be very good. I just hope they don't try to clone the original series. It should be interesting considering that it's not based on any of the books, it's all new characters.

It's also going to be a great way to hold people over until the fall.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Fear of The Walking Dead has potential to be very good. I just hope they don't try to clone the original series. It should be interesting considering that it's not based on any of the books, it's all new characters.

Agree. I have VERY high hopes for this. I think given the fact it starts as the outbreak does.. is gonna make it that much sweeter!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Agree. I have VERY high hopes for this. I think given the fact it starts as the outbreak does.. is gonna make it that much sweeter!
    You guys have any info on the premiere? I haven't seen any "Promo's" for this yet.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say that's about right. GoT is certainly the kind of show that benefits from watching it in chunks.

Also, I'm not sure if you just listed those shows, but that's probably the order in which you should watch those shows. Although I don't watch Cards.
    I listed them in the order I plan on watching them. I was going to get Breaking Bad off my buddy, but wanted to re-watch Mad Men with it ending. By the time I'm done Breaking Bad he should have the first two or three season of House of Cards and True Detective on DVD . GoT and The Newsroom I may have to torrent :/

I prefer to watch my TV in chunks. Usually I let a few episode of Walking Dead build up and then watch them all, but my roommate watches it too so I watched week to week this season.

NOTE ABOUT SEASON SIX DIRECTION: With (whatever his name, abusive husband guy Rick shot at the end) dead, and them lacking a doctor/surgeon...is there a road trip back to Atlanta to round up those at the hospital, especially Beth's Doctor friend, to bring back, coming in season six? It seems a waste of resources/time, but I would imagine medical professionals would be essential enough to make such a risky trip.

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting thought about the doctor in Atlanta.
    Corey Brill plays Pete the abusive husband that Rick shot. He was nicknamed "porch dick" by a fan site. If you Google that, you will find a video that Corey Brill made singing a song he wrote called The Ballad of Porch Dick. It's very amusing.

I hope Fear The Walking Dead is done well and is it's own original thing and not just a try to remake the original like you said. It's either going to be very very good or very very bad I think.

I watched the first couple episodes of Breaking Bad. Everyone I know that watched it raved about how good it was but so far I'm not impressed. I don't really care about Walt so far and I don't like the subject matter at all. I hope it gets better.

I am thinking about trying Sons of Anarchy instead. Thoughts on that show? Yes I know I am very behind the times!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I watched the first couple episodes of Breaking Bad. Everyone I know that watched it raved about how good it was but so far I'm not impressed. I don't really care about Walt so far and I don't like the subject matter at all. I hope it gets better.
    Well you're not alone. I attempted to watch Breaking Bad because of all the hype. Got halfway through season 2 before I gave up because I was so bored by it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well you're not alone. I attempted to watch Breaking Bad because of all the hype. Got halfway through season 2 before I gave up because I was so bored by it.
    You guys... gave up too quickly...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

When does it get good? I thought one and a half seasons was more than a fair shot

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Judgmental as it may be, I've judged Sons of Anarchy based on the people who wouldn't shut up about it on my facebook, and I think it's a show that is not for me. I think you can tell a lot about a TV show from its fanbase, or maybe that's just me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am thinking about trying Sons of Anarchy instead. Thoughts on that show? Yes I know I am very behind the times!!
    If you don't like the subject matter in Breaking Bad, I can't imagine why you would like the subject matter on Sons of Anarchy. To each his own, but Sons doesn't come close to the greatness of Breaking Bad.

I honestly can't imagine how anybody could find Breaking Bad boring. The acting alone should keep people glued. The show gets better as the seasons go on. Characters like Gus, Saul and Mike really help round out the show.

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to give Breaking Bad a little more time but I guess I just expected more with all the hype about it.

And I know what you mean about Sons of Anarchy. I only ever watched one episode because Stephen King had a bit guest part, Bachman the cleaner.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved BB but it hooked me right from the beginning...since you're not hooked it may not be your cup of tea. SOS never did it for me. I've tried multiple times to watch the show and just don't like the characters and have zero sympathy for their lifestyle or understanding of their decision making.

I'm going to give Breaking Bad a little more time but I guess I just expected more with all the hype about it.

And I know what you mean about Sons of Anarchy. I only ever watched one episode because Stephen King had a bit guest part, Bachman the cleaner.

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess that's why I really don't watch TV. Truthfully nothing has caught my attention since LOST until now with The Walking Dead. And honestly I wouldn't have ever watched that because I thought a "zombie" show would be massively stupid. However in December I got the flu and my friend that came over to sit with me begged me to watch it and pretty much hijacked my TV and put in the first episode. Well now I say thank goodness for the flu because it was amazing!! I watched the first three seasons in three days!! And then season four and the first half of season five over the following week. I really love the characters and how they've changed over the seasons. it's a zombie show that is pretty much not about zombies at all!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly can't wrap my head around how people can't like Breaking Bad.

How can you not be hooked after episode 2? The whole bathtub scene and the guy in the basement is some of the best TV of all time. Sure, it's probably been overhyped at this point, but you should still be able to find some enjoyment out of it. The acting, the writing, the characters, something.

I love The Walking Dead, but it doesn't come close to something like Breaking Bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 151 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast