Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 151 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The only way you'd win is of we were only discussing British shows, lol

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Wrong: we'd win because they're British shows we're fanatics of.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of which, when are the rest of you guys gonna finish the first season of life on mars?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm halfway through ep 6. I'll post an analysis for eps 5 and 6 each soon, and hopefully i can finish the first series by the end of the week.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved this past episode. The entire debte over whether it's right to execute him or not was very good as was Carl's little journey out there by himself. I think Carl was trying to conince himself that he was older than he actually was but he realized when the zombie came free he actually was still a scared and helpless kid. I had a feeling Dale would get killed off simply becaue a few of you people mentioned that a Darabont regular was asking to be written out and since Jeffrey DeMunn has basically only acted in Darabont films I tought it would be him. It's a shame to because I like him as an actor and I liked his character a lot. This episode his character was the best it had ever been. The realization Dale was killed by the same zombie Carl basically led to their site was a nice touch.

And for those questioning why they even brought that kid back to their camp, the explain it. They took him out to get rid of him far away so the couldn't trace it back. Problem was that he knew who Maggie was and thus knew where the farm was. Letting him go became a liability to their camp so they brought him back to basically kill him and end the threat. Sure they could have shot him dead right then and there but I don't think Rick actually thought he was going to be able to do it. I don't think he had it in him to execute a kid for what he might do. Bringing him back was a way to maybe take that choice off his options.

RIP Dale though, he was probably my favourite character on the show. I wonder what will happen to the group seeing as he was the humanist who wanted to maintain thier civilized ways because he felt if they lost that, survival was pointless.

Also...what's the black guys name? Randall? I forget because he's said a whole like five lines this season. Other than cutting his arm in the first episode...what has he done? He must be pissed all the white people are soaking up the spotlight haha. I'm assuming he'll be a main character to just die and I wouldn't care becaue I don't even know what his character is, other than he hates racial slurs, drops keys and cuts his arm stupidly I know nothing about him.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol. Very nice review, but i give up on being the spoiler police. You guys are just ridiculous, lol.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I loved this past episode. The entire debte over whether it's right to execute him or not was very good as was Carl's little journey out there by himself. I think Carl was trying to conince himself that he was older than he actually was but he realized when the zombie came free he actually was still a scared and helpless kid. I had a feeling Dale would get killed off simply becaue a few of you people mentioned that a Darabont regular was asking to be written out and since Jeffrey DeMunn has basically only acted in Darabont films I tought it would be him. It's a shame to because I like him as an actor and I liked his character a lot. This episode his character was the best it had ever been. The realization Dale was killed by the same zombie Carl basically led to their site was a nice touch.
    Makes sense! I was wondering why they got rid of him, but now that you mention that I do recall hearing those rumors. Such a shame, I really liked him.

And for those questioning why they even brought that kid back to their camp, the explain it. They took him out to get rid of him far away so the couldn't trace it back. Problem was that he knew who Maggie was and thus knew where the farm was. Letting him go became a liability to their camp so they brought him back to basically kill him and end the threat. Sure they could have shot him dead right then and there but I don't think Rick actually thought he was going to be able to do it. I don't think he had it in him to execute a kid for what he might do. Bringing him back was a way to maybe take that choice off his options.
    The mention of him knowing Maggie wasn't until he was already back at their camp. I was saying they should have either just left him hanging on the post or shot him dead there. I still don't see the point in rescuing him to only then kill him by your own hand, and in front of all your people.

Also...what's the black guys name? Randall? I forget because he's said a whole like five lines this season. Other than cutting his arm in the first episode...what has he done? He must be pissed all the white people are soaking up the spotlight haha. I'm assuming he'll be a main character to just die and I wouldn't care becaue I don't even know what his character is, other than he hates racial slurs, drops keys and cuts his arm stupidly I know nothing about him.
    Wow, I completely forgot all about him
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The mention of him knowing Maggie wasn't until he was already back at their camp. I was saying they should have either just left him hanging on the post or shot him dead there. I still don't see the point in rescuing him to only then kill him by your own hand, and in front of all your people.
    Nope, he mentions that while he's chained up and by the buses. That's why Rick turns around and approaches him "You know Maggie ?! You know Maggie !?!?"

I do agree though that they should have just shot him then and there.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm talking about when they were in the town during the shoot out, and he got his leg stuck on that post or whatever. Why save him then? I guess just reflex, but if you're that un-trusting of people would that actually be your first instinct?

And I agree Feev, at that point they should have.

And am I confused. Shoot out, camp, take him away to leave him to fend for himself, back to camp? Or did they take him straight from the shoot out to leave him somewhere? I could of sworn they went to the the farm first.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm talking about when they were in the town during the shoot out, and he got his leg stuck on that post or whatever. Why save him then? I guess just reflex, but if you're that un-trusting of people would that actually be your first instinct?
    Yeah, that's a pretty erroneous approach by the writers. There really is no reason to save him other than to use him as a plot device for moral conundrums between the characters.

And am I confused. Shoot out, camp, take him away to leave him to fend for himself, back to camp? Or did they take him straight from the shoot out to leave him somewhere? I could of sworn they went to the the farm first.
    Town/Bar shoot out > take him to the farm> heal him > take him '18 miles out' > he confesses that he knows Maggie > bring him back to the farm.

Ok, that's what I thought. So that's twice they could have killed him. And you're right Feev, he was there to create the whole moral dilemma. I guess that's my only complaint about it. I wish he had been written in better and flowed more with the story.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I know when he said they knew Maggie. I just think it's odd the characters showing humanity towards other humans is just a mean to fuel the plot. Are they not supposed to care about human beings? I think it spoke a lot about Rick, Herschel and Glen for staying behind to rescue him so he isn't torn apart by walkers. They saved a kid a fate they wouldn't wish on themselves or their loved ones. Sure it's been a central aspect of the last few episodes. A main theme of the show has been characters lives being saved by the mere kindness of strangers; Rick's life was saved by various people inthe first episde, Herschel saved Carl when he was shot. I think a lot of why Rick wanted to help him was because he had been helped so much, that he or his family would be dead if they didn't have help and he wanted to be part of the solution instead of the problem. They had Rick save the kid to show the contrast in him and Shane - Shane shot someone in the leg to get away and survive who was trying to help him and Carl; Rick saved someonewho injured their own leg who was trying to kill them. This will all boil down to who was rght; Rick or Shane. When does doing the right thing get people killed and when does it save people? When is too tough being too tough. It'll be interesting to see how this plotline wraps up. I'm still awaiting Merle to re-appear

And there is nothing wrong with plot devices if the outcome works out very well. Six Feet Under uses plot devices all the time. Often the death shown at the beginning of the episode and the circumstances surrounding the death will haunt a character and force them to look within themselves and take lessons from the dead. So far with this plot device we've got a few pretty good episodes with the best acting and writing the show has had so far. So far this plot device has done a great job of bringing some characters out of their shells and for that I thank it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The black guy's name is T-Dog. Seriously. I feel so bad for that dude, he's barely done anything and has a terribly stereotypical "black guy" name.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

FINALLY You know what I am talking about
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I am surprised that there is not a lot of talk about tonight's big event or the new revelation about the zombies. The season finale looks pretty awesome.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

GOD...DAMNIT. I knew they probably wouldn't have Carl do it like he was supposed to. I suppose they got as close as network execs would probably let them, but it still annoys me.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    GOD...DAMNIT. I knew they probably wouldn't have Carl do it like he was supposed to. I suppose they got as close as network execs would probably let them, but it still annoys me.
    how was he supposed to do it?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Spoiler:
    Shane and Rick are in the woods arguing about Laurie. Shane is about to kill Rick with a rifle, with Rick begging him not to and suddenly blood spurts out of his neck. He drops and Carl is standing there with the smoking gun yelling 'Don't hurt my daddy again!!!". Carl shoots the living Shane, not a zombified version. He drops to the ground crying and saying "It's not the same as killing the dead ones, daddy." The issue ends with Rick holding him and saying "It never should be, son. It never should be."
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

I agree. I wish they had utilized Carl. It would have been that much more powerful. Now this adds in another whole complex issue as to how Rick is going to deal with killing his friend. That said, I am beyond excited that Shane is finally gone. He was getting on my last nerve. And I loved the way they shot that final scene. Also next week looks to be good. I hope they do something exciting for the finale.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved that episode, can't wait for the next one!

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Spoiler:
    Shane and Rick are in the woods arguing about Laurie. Shane is about to kill Rick with a rifle, with Rick begging him not to and suddenly blood spurts out of his neck. He drops and Carl is standing there with the smoking gun yelling 'Don't hurt my daddy again!!!". Carl shoots the living Shane, not a zombified version. He drops to the ground crying and saying "It's not the same as killing the dead ones, daddy." The issue ends with Rick holding him and saying "It never should be, son. It never should be."
    Plus it happened in issue 6 which would of been at some point during season 1. Shane wouldn't of even known Laurie was even pregnant. I do like how they are finally showing that you can be a zombie without having to be bit. Also that last scene with the camera pulling back from Rick and Carl was great. What a set up for next weeks episode.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not Really, but I have to say it since I keep thinking it...

I really want Rick and his whole family to die. Yes, I understand that they are the primary characters of the show, but their continued survival, despite their complete incompitence in all things, really just takes away any kind believability this show has. Believing in Zombies is one thing, but they are just idiots.

Lori flips her car and almost dies because she is reading a map while driving. Y'know, just stop in the middle of the road and read it. Not like there is any traffic.

Carl antagonizes the walker instead of just shooting it in the face, loses a valuable commodity like a gun, & leads the thing back to camp to kill Dale

Rick stabs Shane in the tongue, but instead of doing the smart thing and either stabbing him again in the brain stem, or just shooting him in the face, he lets his dead body lie there. Then he is completely oblivious to the Darth Vader breathing coming from 3 ft behind him and ignores the visual cues (ask a cop) of his son looking PAST him at Zombie-Shane. I mean, I'm not trained in any special skills of observation, and I Know when someone is Looking past me instead of at me. I understand he was concerned that Carl was going to shoot him, but still...

Possible comic spoiler...
    Spoiler:

I guess my view on Rick and Shane (for breaking the kids neck and not some more unzombieable) being idiots is because I know that anyone can turn into a Zombie when they die, not just people that were bitten. Is that not known to them in the show at this point? Did Shane kill the kid, and Rick kill Shane not realizing that they could turn into walkers even though they weren't bit? I thought this was common knowledge, especially since they found the guy that hung himself and was a walker?

OK, now that that is out of my system, I loved the episode.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been following the series from day one and didn't realise that you
    Spoiler:
    didn't have to be bitten to return as a zombie. I thought that the guy who hung himself might have been bitten or scratched beforehand!?

Just got another 3 books of the graphic novel and can't wait to read them

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tito....I don't think they've really alluded it on the show (except recently when Shane told Rick that the 2 security guards didn't have bite marks on them), but we who are caught up on the comics were waiting for it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

I agree about Rick's family needing to die Lori is so irritating. And after last weeks ep with Carl and the staredown in the barn and zombie antagonizing scenes, I'm not his biggest fan either. But I do love Rick, so he better stick around

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 151 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast