Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2718

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    OK. Some people may think it's not a great item to get, but I don't care. I just bought (payments) a first ed inscribed Deadzone. The inscription is awesome. The issue is, it is a later signing. '93. But you what, it's still a first ed and it's still signed and inscribed (a longer inscription). So, I am happy to add this to my collection, even though the date of the inspiration may turn some people off.
    Congrats! One of my all time favorite King novels.
    Thanks Brian. I was just wondering what people thought about a later inscription. And to be honest, that's one I haven't read yet . Actually, there are quite a few I haven't read, new and old. I finished Firestarter and loved it. But now I am trying Dune. I know it's long, but hopefully I can finish it without to much trouble.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I am indifferent to inscriptions since I do not actively pursue them, but if it's something you particularly want, then I say more power to you.
    I read DUNE a long, long time ago. It sounds like a book to re-read some day, possibly on a sand dune on a beach while watching the girls go by.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Hey Steve. I don't actively search them out. I am more than happy with just a flat signed dated book. But if one comes along, I will pick it up. Especially if the inscription is neat.
    Like this one is. In fact, most of my non S\L books are just flat signed.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

OK. Some people may think it's not a great item to get, but I don't care. I just bought (payments) a first ed inscribed Deadzone. The inscription is awesome. The issue is, it is a later signing. '93. But you what, it's still a first ed and it's still signed and inscribed (a longer inscription). So, I am happy to add this to my collection, even though the date of the inspiration may turn some people off.
    Great novel and great pickup; no downside to this in my mind.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Great novel and great pickup; no downside to this in my mind.
    Thanks. I am hoping to get some other 70's and 80's first ed that are signed/inscribed also.
    I think Ralph might be able to help me out with those also.

My Mood
    Cool

Got Butcher Boy. I really like the texture of the slipcase and the book itself has a real cool feel to also. Pics...
    at some point.

My Mood
    Cool

And now some pics of the Butcher Boy

Really Cool end papers

My Mood
    Cool

Some illustrations

This art is really creepy.
    And finally, the sig page

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm so glad you didn't butcher those photos!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'm so glad you didn't butcher those photos!
    I did my best Steve.

My Mood
    Cool

Picks for Replay

My Mood
    Cool

Now the art

And the sig page

My Mood
    Cool

I got something nice from Ralph a few day ago, but I am not sure how it will be received. Pics to come when I can.

My Mood
    Cool

Here are some pics of my new get from Ralph. It's a first ed Dead Zone, that is inscribed, but the inscription is from 1998, so some people may
    say that's not a good thing because it's not that old. But the inscription itself is a longer one and was too cool to pass up. Plus
    I got a case to go with it.
    On the left is the book, right is the case. Sorry for the shininess

Next is the copy right page

Spine looks pretty tight to me

And now the inscription

I mean come on, "May all your zones be live ones". That is just too cool.
    But again, it's a later inscription so I am not sure how people feel about that. But I am happy to have it in my collection.

Oh-oh, you got "The Shine"!
    Don't book a room at The Overlook, whatever you do!

My Mood
    Cool

I won't Steve.
    I did not like the carpet anyway, but the wood floors were nice. Besides, I have already been to the "Dead Zone", but when I
    came back I had no special powers.

Yes you do.
    You 'awe' me with photographs!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Still a very nice King signature. Not the modern cramped ones. Congratulations.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Jerome. Yea, I think it looks good also.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice get.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Nice get.
    Thankyou very much. Another sig and inscription to add to the collection. Always a good thing.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice new books, big congrats Mike !!!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Supernice new books, big congrats Mike !!!
    Thanks Frank, Yea, I think it's a good one as well.

My Mood
    Cool

Got another proof from Ralph. They call it an Advanced Readers Edition. On the cover is a letter from Scribner about this version.
    It also comes with a little red notebook, that is blank on the inside. But I was told that to get this note book is hard and it's
    somewhat rare. Pics when I can.

"You make me dizzy, Miz Lizzy!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast