Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

True. I do like the look of them and I still think they will be a nice addition .
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Collect what appeals to you and what you can afford. Some stick to gift editions, some buy signed/numbered editions, other buy lettered editions. Some buy everything. Its your collection, and if you are happy with it, then that's all that really matters.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am excited to see how they look. I am only upset at my self because I remember reading about the signed ed a while ago and then I sort of forgot about them. I really wanted to get them but I was late to the party. I don't know if Sub press sends out emails about new books coming out because if they do, I missed those two. Oh well. Hopefully I won't miss too many more.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sub Press issues a weekly e-mailed bulletin, usually on Mondays. Sometimes twice a week. Go to their site and sign up for the newsletter so you don't miss anything!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I am still excited but people can be honest. Am I stupid for just getting these "gift" ed of the books? I mean, should it be S\L or nothing and if I miss it, oh well?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I am still excited but people can be honest. Am I stupid for just getting these "gift" ed of the books? I mean, should it be S\L or nothing and if I miss it, oh well?
    There's no right or wrong. It's your collection, and if you like the look of the gift editions, then that's all that matters!
    That is 100% correct. Your collection hence, your rules!!! Great stuff!!!

Getting caught up, like I did, in this can be very expensive!! LOL

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...our-collection

Spoiler:
    Follow your heart!!! And wallet!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cool

So, It seems like the UK DR. Sleep was sent and received but someone bought that for me as a gift for the holidays so I won't get that for awhile. But, I bought the others myself and I just got this email.

"This message was sent to you at the request of Subterranean Press, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below."
    If you go to Sub's front page it looks like it says they are shipping the Christine book. So I am guessing it is that one since The Shining says it is going to be published in Nov. Can't wait. If I can, I will take some pics and post them.

My Mood
    Cool

I am signed up for the news letter but it must have got buried some how

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I got the Christine anniversary book. Number 662 out of 750. I don't think there are any signed versions of this and 750 is not a huge number. It is signed by others like the artist and others. It looks very nice. The art work is really top notch as well. I am glad I went for this one.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone tell me what the protocol is to upload your collection? Do you start a thread in your name? How do you upload the pictures? Thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You start a thread with your name, then upload the pics. See:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ures-links-etc.

on how to upload the pictures. I personally use Photobucket.

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So you need a photobucket account and cannot take the pics right off your computer?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Yes but photobucket is free and pretty easy to use.

My Mood
    Cool

Did any one else find the middle of Wizard and Glass a bit hard to get through? I am pushing forward but some parts seem easier to read then others. I have the signed ed that are split into 2 books and I am more then halfway done the vol 1. It just seems pretty hard to figure out what's going on sometimes. I figure that these are old accounts of things that happened but the book seems to just land you in the middle of something with no transition. And the story with Susannah Delgato is really twisting my brain. I hope it's just this one book and the others get back on the path but one second I seemed to be in a mall parking lot and for the last 100 pages I have been trying to figure out what is going on. Some parts are making more sense when Roland is in the story with Cuthburt. But it's still a bit confusing. For now I am in the middle of a fight in a bar. But there has been no Eddie or Jake at all so I don't know what's going on with them at all. It's just a bit confusing and I just needed to share that.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did any one else find the middle of Wizard and Glass a bit hard to get through? I am pushing forward but some parts seem easier to read then others. I have the signed ed that are split into 2 books and I am more then halfway done the vol 1. It just seems pretty hard to figure out what's going on sometimes. I figure that these are old accounts of things that happened but the book seems to just land you in the middle of something with no transition. And the story with Susannah Delgato is really twisting my brain. I hope it's just this one book and the others get back on the path but one second I seemed to be in a mall parking lot and for the last 100 pages I have been trying to figure out what is going on. Some parts are making more sense when Roland is in the story with Cuthburt. But it's still a bit confusing. For now I am in the middle of a fight in a bar. But there has been no Eddie or Jake at all so I don't know what's going on with them at all. It's just a bit confusing and I just needed to share that.
    Actually, the first time through I was a bit anxious as well. You want the over-riding story to continue and that "flashback" seems distracting. However, on subsequent reads it is much more enjoyable IMHO. The first time though, you just have to slog through it. It is germaine to the overall story.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, I intend to keep on going. I just wanted to know if anybody else thought like I did. Some of those flashbacks are confusing, at least to me.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Worthy collection, indeed!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. I try my best. I have a few more things coming in. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was going to be any sort of signed limited Mr. Mercedes coming out?

My Mood
    Cool

I got that Dr. Sleep "gift ed". I think it looks cool with the cat eyes. Still waiting on The Shining. I am impressed that the Gift ed also sold out on this one.
    1500 was a pretty big run for this.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

CD makes awesome editions, indeed. I love my copy!

I'm waiting on a gift edition of The Shining as well. I can't wait!

My Mood
    Cool

I really like how Christine looks. I hope the Shining looks the same.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:22 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Looks like the Shining is on its way .

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep! Just got mine today. Posted photos in my collection and the P&J as well. I'm sure your's will arrive soon. And yes, it's STUNNING!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Cool

I got mine yesterday but I have not opened it yet. I am sure it will look really nice.

My Mood
    Cool

Just opened up the Shining. Man does it look nice. The full pictures and the pics that are not full but still on the page look really sweet. It almost makes me want to read it again. I still need to take a close look at Christine as well.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike,did you get the anniversary edition of Pet Semetary as well? I read through your thread but don't think you mentioned it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast