Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2733

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Here is Zombie AE

Nice, but very freaky art

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for the pictures, for that's the only way I'll see it onnoconna that's one Suntup book I'll never buy.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

3 x BIG congrats Mike !!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's weird for me to see the words "Joyce Carol Oates Zombie" together, because JCO always reminds me of Joyce Carol Vincent, a British woman who died at home and whose body wasn't found for around 2 years (her body was discovered in January 2006, with an estimated death date in December 2003).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    It's weird for me to see the words "Joyce Carol Oates Zombie" together, because JCO always reminds me of Joyce Carol Vincent, a British woman who died at home and whose body wasn't found for around 2 years (her body was discovered in January 2006, with an estimated death date in December 2003).
    Thanks for that little tid bit .

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Sorry for the grim detour.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Sorry for the grim detour.
    No worries.

My Mood
    Cool

I got something that I think is special. I got a 1 of 20 Red portfolios from Insomnia. I really liked that book. Most of the Red portfolios were incomplete. Mine
    is not only complete, but has an extra that maybe no other portfolio has. I got it from Ralph and this is what he said about it.

"Glimmer Graphics released 400 signed Insomnia Folders. 380 numbered in a black folder and 20 numbered in a red folder.
    The red folders are numbered 1-20. The black folders are numbered 21-400.

The numbered red folders (numbered 10-20) were supposed to have an original drawing to accompany each red folder. Not all the originals got turned in for the project. Only 6 or 7 originals were turned in. Not sure what happened, but that is the story from Glimmer. That means 3 or 4 of the red portfolios never received the originals to complete the project. This one, “Number 20” (the last one in the red group) is accompanied by the prelim original Insomnia drawing in pencil, but also includes Hales different attempts/practices at the “Insomnia” drawing on the back of the original. This is believed to be Phil’s earliest attempts at the Insomnia drawings. “Number 20” also includes an additional duplicate plate signed by King and Hale without the numbering on it. All 400 published folders (Red or Black) were published with the same six color plates with one of the six being signed by King and Hale with the limitation numbering.

RED Folder #20
    5 Color Plates
    1 Color Plate with King and Hale signatures and numbered #20
    1 Original in pencil (Approx. 8.5 x 11 or a tad larger) Pre lim drawings on back of this original

Bonus:

1 Additional plate signed by King and Hale (This is the plate used for the front of Insomnia S/L)"

pics hopefully this weekend. But it is very cool and I think rare. I hope people like it.

My Mood
    Cool

Plus I owe pics on Slaughter House Five which I recently got.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm not sure I ever heard of the INSOMNIA portfolio. I'll be sure to look at the pictures!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say that's pretty special, Mike.

And Steve, the catalog is your friend.

www.thedarktower.org=Insomnia+Portfolio+S+L
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Brian. Yes that's the one I got. The fact that he did not do all 10 of the extra ones and that I was also able to get some early sketches is cool. Pics probably tomorrow.

My Mood
    Cool

The first of two overdue sets of pics. First Suntuo numbered Slaughterhouse Five

My Mood
    Cool

No for some pics

And the Sig page

I really like this edition. High quality in my opinion.

My Mood
    Cool

And now for the second item. What I think is a very rare Red Insomnia portfolio
    First, a summary from Ralph, who I bought this from. This may be one of the unique a complete sets.
    Glimmer Graphics released 400 signed Insomnia Folders. 380 numbered in a black folder and 20 numbered in a red folder.
    The numbered red folders (numbered 10-20) were supposed to have an original drawing to accompany each red folder. Not all the originals got turned in for the project. Only 6 or 7 originals were turned in. Not sure what happened, but that is the story from Glimmer. That means 3 or 4 of the red portfolios never received the originals to complete the project.
    This one, “Number 20” (the last one in the red group) is accompanied by the prelim original Insomnia drawing in pencil, but also includes Hales different attempts/practices at the “Insomnia” drawing on the back of the original. This is believed to be Phil’s earliest attempts at the Insomnia drawings.
    “Number 20” also includes an additional duplicate plate signed by King and Hale without the numbering on it.
    All 400 published folders (Red or Black) were published with the same six color plates with one of the six being signed by King and Hale with the limitation numbering.

RED Folder #20

5 Color Plates
    1 Original in pencil (Approx. 8.5 x 11 or a tad larger) Pre lim drawings on back of this original

Bonus:

1 Additional plate signed by King and Hale (This is the plate used for the front of Insomnia S/L)

Bonus pic, again singed by King and Hale

Prelim sketch done by Hale

And some very early practice ideas

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding acquisition. Congratulations.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Randal.
    But to have such a complete and limited set makes me feel very good. To have TWO King and Hale sigs in one item is so cool.
    Plus the bonus practice drawings. I mean, I can't imagine too many have that.
    I will not disclose what I paid because I am sure people will say stuff. But I think I got a deal considering what this came with.

Very nice INSOMNIA portfolio.
    You are so mean! I ought to have that, but am not sure I do, which means I have to dig a lot of expensive books off a top shelf to see if it's slipped in there. If I drop one, it's your fault!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Very nice INSOMNIA portfolio.
    You are so mean! I ought to have that, but am not sure I do, which means I have to dig a lot of expensive books off a top shelf to see if it's slipped in there. If I drop one, it's your fault!
    Steve, I have seen your stuff. You have so many books, I take no responsibility .

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And now for the second item. What I think is a very rare Red Insomnia portfolio
    First, a summary from Ralph, who I bought this from. This may be one of the unique a complete sets.
    Glimmer Graphics released 400 signed Insomnia Folders. 380 numbered in a black folder and 20 numbered in a red folder.
    The numbered red folders (numbered 10-20) were supposed to have an original drawing to accompany each red folder. Not all the originals got turned in for the project. Only 6 or 7 originals were turned in. Not sure what happened, but that is the story from Glimmer. That means 3 or 4 of the red portfolios never received the originals to complete the project.
    This one, “Number 20” (the last one in the red group) is accompanied by the prelim original Insomnia drawing in pencil, but also includes Hales different attempts/practices at the “Insomnia” drawing on the back of the original. This is believed to be Phil’s earliest attempts at the Insomnia drawings.
    “Number 20” also includes an additional duplicate plate signed by King and Hale without the numbering on it.
    All 400 published folders (Red or Black) were published with the same six color plates with one of the six being signed by King and Hale with the limitation numbering.

RED Folder #20

5 Color Plates

Bonus:

1 Additional plate signed by King and Hale (This is the plate used for the front of Insomnia S/L)

Bonus pic, again singed by King and Hale

Prelim sketch done by Hale

And some very early practice ideas
    Wow, that's awesome. I especially like the prelim. Congratulations.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The sketch and prelim make this a VERY RARE item. I have the red portfolio, but (I'll check), but not the rare piece, and the even more rare sketch. Truly an item of which perhaps only 5 or 6 exist.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The sketch and prelim make this a VERY RARE item. I have the red portfolio, but (I'll check), but not the rare piece, and the even more rare sketch. Truly an item of which perhaps only 5 or 6 exist.
    Yea, that's what I was told. It makes me feel good to have something so rare. The fact that it has the other sketch, which is also signed makes this so valuable to me.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Elliot HP Spencer. It is so cool.

My Mood
    Cool

Here some pics of The Long Walk for CP that I got a few days ago.
    First, the case.

My Mood
    Cool

And the book itself with the DJ fully opened.

and the title page

I like how the cover depicts a "normal" world with people eating breakfast, and the out side world with the kids and the military marching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast