Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 109 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Love that Dali signed edition, that's cool. Is there much signed stuff out there?

And nice work with the Hill House - good decision.
    Thanks. There are plenty of signed Dali Lithographs, which is what I buy. An original Dali painting with his sig would be MUCH MUCH more. So, I made the choice that since he is one of my favorite artists, I would try and
    get a number of signed Lithographs. I mean, he was still involved and it's still his signature and even the Lithographs go up in value. But to answer your question, yes there are quite a few. I get mine from one dealer so
    I know they are real.
    On the Hill House I said "why not."

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Congrats! Sure it’s not technically King related but the way I see it, it has a place in any King collection. King’s on record saying it’s one of the “finest horror novels of the 20th century” which to me says it made a considerable influence on him and perhaps his writing style.
    I said to myself yesterday, if I wake this morning, and there were still copies available, then it was meant for me to get it. I woke up, there were 25 copies left so there was my sign. Plus, it does look great and I hope this allows me to get other non King books that Paul may put out. But I also bought it because so many people have said it is such a huge inspiration, I am sure it's better then the movie The Haunting, which I think it's based on. Now we just have to wait a few months.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

That movie is based on the book, and honestly I wish I had never seen it. Throughout the entire reading I couldn’t shake the face (or the annoying acting) of the actress who played Nell. I hadn’t seen the movie since it came out in the 90’s and I only read Hill House last year, but still I couldn’t picture anyone else for Nell. The fact that I still read the whole thing, to me, says it’s one hell of a great novel.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Cool

I never saw the movie so I have a leg up there . I am interested in reading it because I never have. I am excited to get it.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Mike, I don't want to speak for Jerome, but my impression is that as long as your collection thread is primarily King stuff, posting the occasional non-King item is okay. I certainly see a lot of non-King items in other threads.

My Mood
    Cool

That's what I am thinking Jack.. It will continue to be mostly King stuff, unless I commit fully to Suntup and get the non King stuff I can get since I know have a number that is mine for non King books.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the Dali art. I also have a lithograph from the Divine Comedy - The Angel of Mercy
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I love the Dali art. I also have a lithograph from the Divine Comedy - The Angel of Mercy
    Nice. I have been to the museum a few times but the new one they built is really good. Like I said once I get the other one on the wall, I will take a picture of it. I hope to get a few more.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to live in Clearwater and was able to get to the museum in St. Pete but that was in the late 90s. Dalí has always been a favorite of mine!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, he is one of my favorite artists. I just love his imagination and work. Plus some of massive paintings are a sight to see. When I discovered Lithographs of his work I got all
    excited because it was a signed piece of work by him. It's really neat.
    Plus, how can you NOT like an artist that did work for Walt Disney and the Roadrunner cartoon.
    I can't wait to get more. But I am also glad that I picked up Paul's book and started down that road.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I think the Catholic church used a Dali painting for a holy card. I remember seeing one years ago.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

He did a few religious paintings, but I don't know. You may be funnin on that one.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    He did a few religious paintings, but I don't know. You may be funnin on that one.
    No, for a change I was serious. I probably have it stuck in the pages of a bible somewhere. Maybe I'll look for it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    No, for a change I was serious. I probably have it stuck in the pages of a bible somewhere. Maybe I'll look for it.
    If you are serious, I would love to see that.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I certainly see a lot of non-King items in other threads.
    What you trying to say Peter
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

If people want to see my other Dali lithograph, just say yay or nay.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay.

John

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Yay
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

I want to see it too.

And by the way, it's yay OR nay, not yay NOR nay.

Anyway, what the hay, eh?

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to see it too.

Hey why don't I just go and eat some hay. I can lay by the bay, make things out of clay, I just may, what'd ya say?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

I could say you spelled 'go' wrong, but don't worry, I won't.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I fixed it with ninja like speed. Anything else you need?

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I fixed it with ninja like speed. Anything else you need?

I'm good. Hope you like the book!

Country
    Country Flag

WTB:

My Mood
    Cool

I want to see it too.

Man, you are fantastic. I missed that all the way but it's fixed now. I will put up some pictures when I can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 109 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast