Glad I stayed out of this round! I've seen a fair few Burton movies, and whilst he has a nice visual, gothic style to his work, he's recently shown himself to be a bit hit and miss. Especially with Alice in Wonderland - the family enjoyed it, and I liked it for that much, but it was far from being a classic adaptation, and if I had watched it on my own, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it much at all.

Now, Kubrick, I've only watched a couple of films of, including The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and A Clockwork Orange. Now, A Clockwork Orange...sorry, I just didn't get it. I know it's a classic 'n all, but it just didn't work for me. The Shining? I liked it, but it's not one of my favourite horror films. It's a very strange, very visual film. Enjoyable, but I much prefer the original novel.

Now, Full Metal Jacket: now that's what I'm talking about! I'm not an avid fan of war movies, but I do enjoy the ones that show the darker side of it (I remember enjoying a remake of All Quiet on the Western Front in school, and I really, really loved watching it), and they don't come much darker than this, do they? No one else could've directed this movie other than Kubrick, I think.

But it was still too difficult for me to decide between Burton and Kubrick. It might have something to do with me enjoying Burton's films back in childhood, especially Batman: the gothic, moody atmosphere of that adaptation mixed in with the dark humour really appealed to me both as a kid and as an adult who loves that kind of style, so whilst it might not be one of my favourite comic adaptations ever (that'll very probably be the Dark Knight or Scott Pilgrim vs The World), it certainly comes pretty close!