Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jean...I demand an explanation...

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Jean...I demand an explanation...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- 0chan.ru/b/[/ame]

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

taking it into consideration that it's the first time I see that video, and, if not for you, would have never seen it, I don't really know what kind of explanation I could give...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for butting in, but.. what is it you would like to know about this song, Cozener?
    The song that began its life as "I'm going back home" or "I'm on my way home", but found its reincarnation as the
    Trolo-lo meme
    As another Russian on the forum, perhaps I can be of help?
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a joke guys...really. He's so corn fed I couldn't resist. This guy looks like he's the Russian's answer to Jim Neighbors...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thus answering anyone's questions about whether Russia has the good drugs.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    Ill be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cozener: I know you were just pulling Jean's leg
    Just could not resist commenting - the video is just so freaking hilarious when I watch it in this day and age. Eduard Khil (the singer) sure looks drugged.

BTW, who's Jim Neighbors?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is that Хиль? you sure?

Country
    Country Flag

<got a weird case of double-posting>

Yes, Jean, I am sure of that - check the Wikipedia article (I do not know how to add links - will find out and get back with an actual link)

Edit: Hmm hope it will work now... The link to the English article - scroll down to the "Internet meme" part
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_Khil

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Brice: I wonder if anyone actually doubted it
    Hush, silly... it's our dark secret. I have been pretending we're all clean here.

Country
    Country Flag

Right
    BTW, because of my double-posting problem that part of my message actually disappeared - so no problem with keeping it a secret

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, who's Jim Neighbors?
    Well...he's kinda like this guy...just American.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Right
    BTW, because of my double-posting problem that part of my message actually disappeared - so no problem with keeping it a secret
    Well, it would be no problem if Jean hadn't quoted you already.

*adds Russia to his itinerary*

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Posted this in the Creepy Thread a couple months ago.

Original video:
    http://trololololololololololo.com/

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

for those who want to know who Jim Neighbors is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Neighbors

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Is he just singing la la la la ja ja ja? And oh oh oh??

Or is this supposed to mean something in Russian that I don't know?

This video made me laugh hysterically... especially when he started almost yodelling.

This was obviously made to be universal... I'm not exactly sure why yet, though. LOL

Does he know any songs with words in them?

Country
    Country Flag

mystima: Thanks for the link!

Lady Hitchhiker: no, it does not mean anything in Russian, either.

A bit of a backstory: This song initially did have words - as far as I know, something about a cowboy returning home and being happy. Then there are 2 versions of how the events unfolded: (1. political) it was decided that a Soviet singer should not really sing about American cowboys; (2. general) there was a disagreement between the composer and the lyrics author, who pulled his lyrics from the song.
    In any case, this singer (Eduard Khil) used to be quite popular in the Soviet Union. Here are links to a couple of songs (with words this time )

(this song is a bit like a fairy tale describing Winter as a person living in a wooden house in the forest)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82_J7LB66o"]YouTube- *дƒа€д ХилŒ &quot;—има&quot; Ÿесня года - 1971[/ame]

(song about World War II Soviet soldiers - something to the tune of "the war is over and done with; take your greatcoat my friend, we're going home")
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bdEOiT-NSg"]YouTube- *дƒа€д ХилŒ ‘е€и ˆинелŒ[/ame]

Country
    Country Flag

remember he also sang, Железный шлем, деревянный костыль, король с войны возвращался домой? I think I was about 5 years old at that time... and you wouldn't be born for another hundred years...

(song about World War II Soviet soldiers - something to the tune of "the war is over and done with; take your greatcoat my friend, we're going home")
    Yeah, but one has to remember that the "friend" he is addressing is dead. It's a good song, not for him, though, I'm afraid.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am certain I've seen that guy late at night on American television on some variety show or something long before the internet.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    and you wouldn't be born for another hundred years...
    Ahem, as much as I might want to say that "another hundred years" comment is true...
    I do know that song from childhood, too. Especially the "tirjam-tirjarimtam-tirja" part.

Why do you think the WWII song is not for him? Although I don't think I've ever heard Okudzhava's rendition.

Country
    Country Flag

exactly for this reason

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I like his voice.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...There's 2 minutes and 41 seconds of my life I will never get back!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Well...There's 2 minutes and 41 seconds of my life I will never get back!
    True, but think of the cultural experience you've had!
    I find it heartening to know that my country isnt the only one to broadcast stuff like this.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Wasn't he in a James Bond movie?

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE THIS GHOKGJJIGJNjiijfif

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast