Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Cronenberg

10 34.48%
  • Ridley Scott

19 65.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: TGDT - Round 2 - David Cronenberg vs Ridley Scott

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one of the things that throws me off the most, when I go into a film expecting it to be a certain way because of trailers/the way it was marketed and ending up with something completely different. Same thing happened to me with Blade Runner, the back of the DVD box literally says "Action packed film!"

I can understand why that happens, I mean - "Action packed film!" is more likely to sell than "Methodically paced Sci-Fi film meant to question our perception of reality" , but still ... it annoys me

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Just don't hype it up too much for yourself, Heather. I hate that it's sometimes marketed as an action-packed extravaganza, when in reality it's a relatively slow paced film. It's a great film, but it's minimalistic in a lot of ways. Still, it's influence over modern science fiction films is apparent.
    Thanks. Do you think it's one I would like? To be honest it's never interested me, but I've heard so many people rave about it that it had gotten me curious.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Thanks. Do you think it's one I would like? To be honest it's never interested me, but I've heard so many people rave about it that it had gotten me curious.
    Honestly, I don't think you'll like it, based on your tastes and movies I've recommended to you that you didn't like ...

Give it a shot though, I may be way off

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can understand why that happens, I mean - "Action packed film!" is more likely to sell than "Methodically paced Sci-Fi film meant to question our perception of reality" , but still ... it annoys me
    I would have taken "atmospheric sci-fi thriller" myself.

And Heather, i think it's worth a look. I have issues with it because i read Philip K. Dick's book first, but it's a good film with great visuals.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks guys. I'll let you know what I think of it when I see it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cool. My personal recommendation Heather is the Final Cut or the Director's Cut: there really is very little difference between those two versions, at least not nearly as much as between the Director's Cut and the Theatrical versions. I really don't know if you'll enjoy it, Heather, but I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Cronenberg, all the way.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Cronenberg, all the way.
    You, voting for Cronenberg ? Really ? Never would have guessed that ...

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

more votes for Cronenberg, anyone? time is running short...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Cronenberg, all the way.
    You, voting for Cronenberg ? Really ? Never would have guessed that ...

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    In case someone here isn't aware, that's David Cronenberg in the mask.

We're still losing.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

guys, only two days left! Cronenberg?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ridley Scott advances !

Country
    Country Flag

grrrr

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Grrrrrrrrrrreat!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

grrrrrrrrrrrruesome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3