Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christopher Nolan

25 78.13%
  • George Lucas

7 21.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 2 - Christopher Nolan vs George Lucas

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Round 2 - Christopher Nolan vs George Lucas

Christopher Nolan's IMDB Page

Notable films : Memento,Inception, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Prestige

George Lucas IMDB page

Notable films: Star Wars Episode I/II/III/IV, American Graffiti

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Guess

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmmm...the guy who not only made Batman cool again, but made one of the best films based on a comic book ever, as well as Inception ('nuff said), or...the guy who thought that Jar Jar Binks was a good idea?

Bloody hell, I'm having a really tough time with these two directors!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nolan!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Guess
    No.
    Wait.
    Don't tell me....
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To be fair, I think Lucas ultimately had a much bigger impact on cinema and popular culture as we know it with the original Star Wars trilogy, but...yeah, still voting for Nolan.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Had to go with Nolan.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, so this Chris Nolan guy......
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have to go with Lucas. The impact his movies have had on me...I think the only director that could beat him out is Jackson...I have a thing for SciFi epics, it would seem

On that note, however, I do love Nolan films. They are more mind-thriller type movies, which are good but don't hold me as much as Star Wars and such tend to. (But if it wasn't Lucas as the contender, I would vote for him solely on the fact he had to do with The Prestige!)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lucas himself is a horrible director. He has made some films that have vastly changed the movie world, especially in the world of special effects. But this is about directors, not influential films, and Lucas really can't direct as well as Nolan. As much as it truly, truly pains me to vote against Star Wars, I'm casting my vote for Nolan.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nolan

i agree with same, lucas' movies have greatly influenced cinema. but as a director, he is average
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lucas is fucking awful. There is a reason Empire Strikes Back was as good as it was.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lucas isn't fucking awful, American Graffiti and Revenge of the Sith were pretty good films. I've always felt that The Phantom Menace was actually a better film than many give credit. Sure there were elements that I didn't like (Jar Jar Binks, the midichlorians plotline, and Jake Lloyd's horrible acting skills) but it was still a good film.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Um, George Lucas didn't direct the first three Star Wars movies, only New Hope.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Talk about a no-brainer.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I vote twice...once FOR Nolan, and once AGAINST Lucas, please?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Can I vote twice...once FOR Nolan, and once AGAINST Lucas, please?
    I have already voted against Lucas, Brice. Couldn't vote for Nolan because haven't seen anything by him yet; but you can count my vote as your second one.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nolan x7
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I have already voted against Lucas, Brice. Couldn't vote for Nolan because haven't seen anything by him yet;
    You should remedy this soon, Jean. If the Batman movies aren't your cup of tea, start off with Memento and The Prestige. If you like those two films, try tackling Inception - should be out on DVD before the end of the year ...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know that! I know that! I'll [censored: piracy alert] me some Nolan first thing tomorrow!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Good bear

I have a strong feeling you'll like them both. Nolan's specialties are character study and psychological complexes , woven into the fabric of visually compelling films. I'm sure bears will come away impressed.

I could be wrong though !

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Which is one for the best ones, IMO.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Which is one for the best ones, IMO.
    For it's campiness, yes a New Hope is good. It's only riffled with some of the worst acting any big movie has ever seen. Empire Strikes Back (and I don't think I'm alone here) is the greatest of the Star Wars movies. Not only was it not directed by Lucas but it wasn't even written by Lucas.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Empire Strikes Back (and I don't think I'm alone here) is the greatest of the Star Wars movies.
    Agreed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast