Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Huston

2 8.00%
  • Alfred Hitchcock

23 92.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TDGT - Round 2 - John Huston vs Alfred Hitchcock

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TDGT - Round 2 - John Huston vs Alfred Hitchcock

John Huston's IMDB Page
    Notable films : Under the Volcano, The Maltese Falcon, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, Wise Blood

Alfred Hitchcock's IMDB Page
    Notable films : Vertigo, Psycho, Rear Window, North by Northwest, Rebecca

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hitchcock. Without any doubt.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As much as I love Huston's work ... I have to give this to Hitchcock.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

do that, then

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, my friend would have such a hardtime with this. John Huston, he never shuts up about. But he also consider Hitchcock to be top five of all time with no doubt.

I'm going to do the right thing and not vote on this poll. I haven't seen any of Hustons films and I've only seen Rear Window twice and The Birds. I do really want to see the films these guys have made but it's all a matter of oppourtunity for me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Yeah, bet you wish they hadn't gotten paired up.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I haven't seen any of Hustons films and I've only seen Rear Window twice and The Birds. I do really want to see the films these guys have made but it's all a matter of oppourtunity for me.
    If you're able to get a hold of them, check out Huston's The Treasure of Sierra Madre and The Maltese Falcon. Arguably his two best films.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Yeah, whose idea was it to pit these two against each other ? Kill that fucker

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Definitely Hitchcock
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I haven't seen any of Hustons films and I've only seen Rear Window twice and The Birds. I do really want to see the films these guys have made but it's all a matter of oppourtunity for me.
    If you're able to get a hold of them, check out Huston's The Treasure of Sierra Madre and The Maltese Falcon. Arguably his two best films.
    Hear him well.
    Yeah, whose idea was it to pit these two against each other ? Kill that fucker

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

REENK,REENK, REENK, REENK, REENK, REENK, REENK, REENK, REENK
    DUN-DUN, DUN-DUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is so stacked. So very, very stacked.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll leave my vote open to speculation.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hitchcock.

Not!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

I like the results so far...

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Hitch
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, this is tough. My first instinct was Hitch, but I have to think on it.

Houston did some of my favorites, too - Prizzi's Honor, The Misfits, The African Queen, Key Largo and The Maltese Falcon.

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

AH

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

I've always trusted in you, my Queen.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ...The African Queen...
    Yes!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Country
    Country Flag

Looks very good to me now.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If Hitch doesn't win this whole tournament, there's something wrong with the world.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I adore rope. Also the movie.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    If Hitch doesn't win this whole tournament, there's something wrong with the world.
    Very true.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alfred Hitchcock advances!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast