Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidney Lumet

9 36.00%
  • Francis Ford Coppola

16 64.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 2 - Sidney Lumet vs Francis Ford Coppola

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Round 2 - Sidney Lumet vs Francis Ford Coppola

Sidney Lumet's IMDB Page

Notable fims : Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, Network, 12 Angry Men, Running on Empty

Francis Ford Coppola's IMDB Page

Notable Films: The Godfather Part I, II, III, Apocalypse Now, The Outsiders, Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lumet

he must have at least one vote, right?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

That may be the only one too my dear. FFC for me.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

While I am in love with Dracula, I can't vote for Lumet.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, bears always vote for the underdog.......

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes, bears always vote for the underdog.......
    And Sidney Lumet usually does, too...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Lumet.
    Just went with my gut on this one.
    Both are incredibly talented and Coppola is one of my favs ( Godfather I and II ) but Lumet has a deeper catalog.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What she said. Lumet
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Both are incredibly talented film makers, but like Pam I went with my heart and voted Lumet.

Country
    Country Flag

why does it happen all the time? people keep saying they voted Lumet, and then I scroll up to see the results, and it's 4 to 11

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Lumet. Because Coppola is wildly inconsistent.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Lumet. Because Coppola is wildly inconsistent.
    This.
    It does pain me to vote against him, but yes. Good point.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta go with Lumet. I just love his films, plus I nominated him.

Obviously, The Godfather trilogy is a masterpiece, but Coppola's resume is not nearly as lengthy or as diverse as Lumet's.

Even at his age, Lumet is still putting out great films. See 2007's Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

Coppola on the other hand hasn't made a "real" movie since 1997's The Rainmaker.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Coppola made The Outsiders, Rumble Fish, Jack and Peggy Sue Got Married.

Sometimes I get the feeling he's overrated.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Country
    Country Flag

Five more votes for Lumet, anyone?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Coppola made The Outsiders, Rumble Fish, Jack and Peggy Sue Got Married.

Sometimes I get the feeling he's overrated.
    But then again, he also made The Godfather 1 and 2 (3 never happened) , Apocalypse Now, and Dracula , certainly nothing to scoff at...

Disclaimer : I voted for Lumet.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I scoff at Coppola's Dracula.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What don't you scoff at ?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

How dare you scoff at my scoffing!

Country
    Country Flag

bears were unimpressed by Dracula, too

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Add me to that list, as well.

But I will say, it's one of my girlfriends favorite movies.

Go figure.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

because the Godfather movies are in my top 10 fave movies, Coppola
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Dracula.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I was overly impressed by any Dracula movie. So, I know this shouldn't be the criteria here, but I just can't help it. Coppola's Dracula isn't my favorite of them but it is still Dracula.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved his Dracula.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast