Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contest #20 - Kimba Rimer

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Contest #20 - Kimba Rimer

As requested, here's a new one for you to take a stab at.

The thread for Kimba Rimer can be found here.

If you haven't already, please read the Contest Posting Guidelines.

Contest will be open until September 11, 2010. Good luck, and have fun!

Winner boehmke:
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 01-08-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Changed contest ending date.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

brilliant idea!
    Unfortunately i aint an artist at all!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Me either.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*AHEM*

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I'M PAINTING! PUT THE WHIP DOWN!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the whip? hmmmm....

I am not painting.

On topic: boehmke, bears are dying to see your new work!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn that! I'm not painting, Get your whip.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by boehmke View Post
    I'M PAINTING! PUT THE WHIP DOWN!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in too, but I've been roped into cooking at one of the pubs all this week, so can I ask for an extension?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Only if you send us some Bangers and Mash.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And a full English breakfast. Damn, I miss black and white pudding.

But yeah, contest is extended until September 11, 2010.

My Mood
    Lurking

So you mean I could have slacked off for another week!

Well I'm finished early for once then.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

This... This is amazing!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

of course it is. It's boehmke.

::awestruck::

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Utterly awesome!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I absolutely love it!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave, it's fucking brilliant...as always.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Holy smokes, that's awesome and exactly like I saw him!
    So impressive I'm out of words.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh...wow. I have no words. That is amazing.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I love it! The expression on his face is perfect!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not being...whatever the word for what I'm about to say is - but I only had a sketch in mind and I also saw Kimba exactly as Dave has drawn him - only not quite so excellent, so I'd really like to see Dave's painting in the article if I may bow out of my extension request

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll leave the extension up - you never know, someone else may want to give it a go.

I still think you should go for it, Lisa.

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks everyone you all are too much

I do want to say that I don't want people to not post because I've put up a submission. I am nowhere near the best artist out there and usually look at my work as very amateurish. The last thing I want is to stop others from putting up their visions of these characters. There is a lot of talent out there and many times everyone's entries inspire me.

So please post your work! This thread, I hope, is more about art and creativity then a win or lose contest.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know exactly what you mean, I look at my own work with a very critical eye - I don't think you can help it. I do love the contests and like you say, it's great to see everyone's art - and I am not one to be put off by artists who's work I think is better or more unique than mine, because it's all perception at the end of the day...but, personally, in this instance, I think your picture of Kimba is perfect

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, Brice made a good suggestion and I think we're going to try it for the next contest and see how it goes. I'll have submissions PM'ed to me and no one gets to see them until we vote. I'll tell you how many I have, but that's it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast