Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Day Music Challenge

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I cant imagine holding a pencil long enough to listen to music.
    What happened when you wanted to dance?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dance???

Ummm...I suppose this is the point where I confess that if all of your lives hung in the balance and could only be saved by me dancing...well, I'd sure miss y'all. Brices do NOT dance.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

This is nearly impossible but i'll give it a go.I don't think i can pick my 9 favorites but I'll pick 9 songs I love

1.Franklin's Tower-Grateful Dead(I have thought of revising the lyrics to the Dark Tower)

2.Vissions of Johannah-Bob Dylan

3.Hey Jude-The Beatles

4.Brokedown Palace-Grateful Dead

5.Mr. Bojangles-Jeff Walker wrote it but I prefer Dylans take on it.AMAZING!

6.Time-Pink Floyd

7.Piano Man-Billy Joel

8.Somewhere over the Rainbow-Lyrics bye E.Y. Harburg but I love the version bye Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole

9.75 and sunny-Ryan Montbleau Band

I couldn't overthink this or I'd be here all day but these are SOME of my favorites Good thread!Music brings people together!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The World I Know - Collective Soul
    2. Piano Man - Billy Joel
    3. Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard
    4. Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
    5. Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas
    6. Weightless - Courtney Jones
    7. I Dare You - Shinedown
    8. 4am - Our Lady Peace
    9. Scared - The Tragically Hip

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I cant imagine holding a pencil long enough to listen to music.
    What happened when you wanted to dance?
    It wasn't to listen, it was to record from tape recorder to tape recorder. Once it was recorded, you could either rewind the tape (manually, again) onto a smaller holder, and cut it, or just, if you were the owner of the bigger tape recorder, play it there.

Brice: yes, but we did it (till early 90s) under the threat of police and state persecution... which often happened

::boastful::

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Dance???

Ummm...I suppose this is the point where I confess that if all of your lives hung in the balance and could only be saved by me dancing...well, I'd sure miss y'all. Brices do NOT dance.
    Bears dance, quite a lot, but never to the music they can listen to.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    4. Rain Song - Led Zeppelin
    Possibly my favourite Led Zeppelin song, it's so beautiful

7. How Does It Feel - Slade
    I love you even more for having Slade in your list For Slade I would pick Cuz I Luv You.

8. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles (Harrison)
    Again, beautiful song

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

Brice: yes, but we did it (till early 90s) under the threat of police and state persecution... which often happened

::boastful::

States and police do not persecute Brices...Brices persecute them.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I don't even get that. Queen was (and is) great. And I am a proud music snob. I'd say their judgement is just lacking and I'm hereby revoking their claim to being music snobs.
    Ditto that! Freddie Mercury's vocals still amaze me when I listen to Queen. It's so f*cking operatic and grand.

I have to think on this before I can pick 9 songs.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly so, Amanda!

If you rescue me

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The weird thing about my list is a lot of the songs I name aren't even on the Top 10 Albums I listed.
    I'm just thinking of songs I would want to hear if I could only hear 9 songs the rest of my life.

In no order
    1. I'da Called You Woody, Joe - The Gaslight Anthem
    2. Time Of Your Song - Matisyahu
    3. Rocky Racoon - The Beatles
    4. No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley
    5. I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) - Otis Redding
    6. Stuck With Me - Green Day
    7. I'm So Tired - The Beatles
    8. The Card Cheat - The Clash
    9. Five to One- The Doors

Oh man, that was hard.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

How in the hell did I leave out I'm So Tired? I adore that song.

If you rescue me

Me too! I always wish it lasted longer though. Lennon's vocals on it are just amazing.
    But, at least you named Rocky Racoon. That one is tops in my book.
    Hell, I'd have a hard time making a list of just 9 Beatles songs.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too! I'm So Tired even above most Beatles songs I could listen to for hours back to back.

If you rescue me

Exactly. I rarely ever listen to that song just once.
    Along with "Any Time At All"...which I just realized I should have listed.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I realize you're married and have a kid and all, but is it too late to propose?

If you rescue me

I don't know...
    try.

No no...in all seriousness.

Spoiler:
    You can be my "music husband"

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We''l have ceremont consisting of a 3 day consecuitve playing of Rocky Racoon.

This has the added advantage of Mr. stevedave not hopping on a plane to NC to whip my scrawny ass.

If you rescue me

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I shouldnt have read through other peoples postings, because some of the songs that I probably would have listed have already been said. (While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Date Rape, Time)

Anyway.....let's see....

1. Shine on You Crazy Diamond. - Pink Floyd
    2. Tin Pan Alley - Stevie Ray Vaughn
    3. Seven Bridges Road - The Eagles
    4. Eulogy - Tool
    5. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
    6. Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix
    7. One - Metallica
    8. Folsum Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
    9. Crush - Dave Matthews Band
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    Ok, if you thought that was bad...

...Day 2 - List your 9 favourite songs:
    Let's see your lists Lisey!

This is a tough one, like the albums, it changes often.
    • Basic Space -- The xx
    • Conquest -- The White Stripes
    • Jimmy -- Tool
    • The Highway Patrol -- Red Simpson (guilty pleasure, makes me laugh every time i hear it)
    • Road Trippin' -- The Red Hot Chili Peppers
    • Suture Up Your Future -- Queens of the Stone Age
    • Where Is My Mind? -- The Pixies
    • Blue Snow -- Orange Goblin
    • Karma -- Opeth

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Quote Originally Posted by deadohsky View Post
    Let's see your lists Lisey!
    No problem, like you I'll have to give you 9 songs I'm really into right now rather than an "all time favourite" as that's just too hard!
    I like that you have The xx on your list, I can't stop listening to Crystalized

1. Hounds Of Love ~ The Futureheads
    2. Rill Rill ~ Sleigh Bells
    3. The Will To Death ~ John Frusciante
    4. Daydream In Blue (Radio 2 sessions/Dear John EP) ~ I, Monster
    5. Springtheme ~ Ween
    6. Over The Hill ~ John Martyn
    7. Coming In To Los Angeles ~ Sarah Lee Guthrie
    8. The Great Gig In The Sky ~ Pink Floyd
    9. Cyclops Revolution ~ Monster Magnet

and for the next challenge...

DAY 3 - First 8 songs to come on your ipod on shuffle:

If you don't have an ipod name the first 8 cd's, albums, cassettes that you come across

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sorry love, I didn't understand the question? If I have no iPod, what do I do?

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Look at your albums or cd's or cassettes and list the first 8 that you come across

Country
    Country Flag

if I have mostly classical music lying about, would that be all right? Or do I have to look at what is in my rock music pile? Or does it have to be the first that I see?

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

in no particular order
    Bob Dylan- John wesley harding
    David Bowie- Heroes
    GG Allin- The troubled troubadour
    Metallica- Load
    Frank Black- Teenager of the year
    Leonard cohen- songs from a room
    Miles Davis- Bitches Brew
    The pentangle- sweet child
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

First 8 songs on shuffle:

1. The Price - Solomon Burke
    2. The Crystal Ship - The Doors
    3. American Girl - Tom Petty
    4. Barbara Anne - The Regents
    5. Do You Believe - Deftones
    6. Oh! You Pretty Things - David Bowie
    7. Let Me Go - Cake
    8. All Alone - Mad Season

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast