Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Dark Half

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Half

I did not like this movie, which surprised me because I dig Timothy Hutton. But I'm interested in reading the book because of the Castle Rock backstory and tie-ins. How different is the book from the movie, and is the book a better read than the movie was to watch?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the movie but I think it's always a bad idea to judge a King book after a movie. Most of the movies based on his works are really weak.

Roland would have understood.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Half is one of my favorite storys.
    I try to become everything possible from Dark Half.

French Promotion Birdcage for the VHS release of the VHS Dark Half - La Part des Tenebres. In a few (between 5and10) video stores in france. Inside is the VHS.
    (THE SK Horror bear is normaly NOT in the Cage ;-) )

Last edited by Stockerlone; 11-19-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I NEED the birdcage. It is amazing!

I don't suppose you need a kidney or something?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I NEED the birdcage. It is amazing!

I don't suppose you need a kidney or something?

A kidney......sounds interesting I sell several times ´not so inportant´
    organs for books...
    But i must say..... Sorry, i never ever become this promo birdcase again.
    It´s to rare..
    Last edited by Stockerlone; 11-21-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen it either before yours. If you ever do decide to part with it...
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to solve a House episode because of this book, way before House.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked this story. I feel it often gets overlooked. It's very Bachman-ish.. which isn't surprising considering what the book is about.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the book & the film. i think it stuck pretty damn close to the book. i think it feels like a "Bachman" book cause i believe it was SUPPOSE to be a "Bachman" book. so it prolly has that feel cause of it. that's my 2 cents anyways

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally read this book this past week. I really enjoyed the book, and it was much better than the movie, imo. I've read a couple of 'Bachman' books now and I find them to be more concise than some of King's King books.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the Losers Club podcast episode on the book:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...the-dark-half/

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

i simply love love love this book and this is one of the King films that i also love as well. what really is heartbreaking is the studio interference that Romero got when he made this, they screwed him over so bad that it's quite sad. when i first saw the film many years ago back in the 90's. i was really hoping to like it and thankfully it turned out for me to be one of the better ones, the book and the film i think are vastly underrated.

+ Reply to Thread