Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two will advance to the next round?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Burton

10 43.48%
  • David Lynch

5 21.74%
  • Richard Donner

3 13.04%
  • Stanley Kubrick

5 21.74%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TDGT - Round 1, Group N

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default TDGT - Round 1, Group N

Tim Burton's IMDB Page
    Notable films: Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Big Fish, Corpse Bride, Alice in Wonderland

David Lynch's IMDB Page
    Notable films: Eraserhead, Mulholland Dr, Blue Velvet, The Elephant Man, Wild at Heart

Richard Donner's IMDB Page
    Notable films: The Goonies, Superman, The Omen, Lethal Weapon, Radio Flyer

Stanley Kubrick's IMDB Page

Notable Films: A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Lolita, Full Metal Jacket, 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lynch or Burton? Burton or Lynch?............

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well ... shit

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know Two of my all-time favorite directors are in this group.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

::suspicious::

whose idea was it, anyway?...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ::suspicious::

whose idea was it, anyway?...
    That is not the question you are looking for.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goddamn, Feev WTF are you trying to do? Kill me?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Kubrick - Though i still have to see FMJ and Space Odyssey...I loved Shining, Clockwork Orange and Eyes Wide Shut. Burton is great, butI have to take Kubrick.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

ended up going w/Burton... but it was a toughie for me
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

ok, I'll make it Lynch, then, poor devil has no votes...

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, this is the toughest poll for me. Burton and Kubrick are my top two. But, I guess I have to go with Burton, I am so excited each time a new Burton movie comes out.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave my vote to Kubrick, I had to.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ok, I'll make it Lynch, then, poor devil has no votes...
    He has mine. It was not easy though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Damn, this is the toughest poll for me. Burton and Kubrick are my top two. But, I guess I have to go with Burton, I am so excited each time a new Burton movie comes out.
    I can't remember the last time I was genuinely excited for a Tim Burton movie, he's been on a losing streak as of late (to put it mildly). With the exception of Big Fish, he's put out several clunkers this past decade - Sweeney Todd, Alice and Wonderland, Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory etc.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I can't remember the last time I was genuinely excited for a Tim Burton movie, he's been on a losing streak as of late (to put it mildly). With the exception of Big Fish, he's put out several clunkers this past decade - Sweeney Todd, Alice and Wonderland, Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory etc.
    I enjoyed all that you mentioned.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Big Fish was excellent.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you 100% (Big Fish ) but still count him a contender for his winning streak (to put it mildly) of yesteryear. This is another tough poll.

Feev, this breaks my heart.

Going to go with Lynch. That was extremely tough, but I'm pretty sure Burton will easily make it on to the next round.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went the same way. I love both, and it was tough. Went with Burton, hoping others will take care of Kubrick, who's an absolute god of filmmaking.

Country
    Country Flag

looks like they have very good chances of advancing

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Richard Donner
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

3 directors in a tight race for the second berth !

Oh, and Burton beating both Kubrick and Lynch ? ...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Bump

this poll is closing today !

Country
    Country Flag

hmmmm Donner - Lynch - Kubrick, 3 - 4 - 5...

Lynch, anyone?

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Kubrick or Lynch. This is going to kill me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast