Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Closer

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife says I watch enough TV without a DVR, so I don't have one.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My free time to watch TV is usually between 6 and 8 p.m. (Central). Not many new shows on during that window, so I watch what was on the night before.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was really disappointed in last night's episode. Yes, it may have "moved" the series on, but solving the crime seemed secondary.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I have to watch the rest of it later on -- I was interrupted about 20 mins in. I was surprised that they totally dispatched with Delk. The team sure looks different in their dress blues, don't they?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

They sure do!

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Provenza and Flynn strike again in last night's episode! Wonderful!

John

Haven't seen it yet, but those are always my favorite episodes. I liked the one where they left a body unreported so they could go see a baseball game.

That was great. The writers were hitting on all cylinders with that one. Alan Arkin was great and I loved the lawyer.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw a tease on one of The Closer reruns that said the final Closer season starts in November.

I can't say I'm too surprised, given what happened in the last episode of this season.

John

This has been the plan all along this year, and it was Sedgwick's decision to end the show. Any theories as to who the spy in the department is? I'm leaning towards Taylor.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I agree with you on Taylor. He's been an a** almost the whole way through. And he could have gotten the information from Gabriel. Gabriel has a tendency to allow his disagreements with Brenda show. Just a theory, though.

John

What did you think about the Christmas episode? Fred Willard was great as Santa. And Buzz's sister "has opinions." Overall, I thought it was a good episode. Always like it when Brenda's attorney shows up.

What an amazing winter finale -- I can't believe they're going to make us wait until next summer for the final six.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. It was a wonderful finale.

Spoiler:
    I have a feeling that I know who the leak within the department is.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say I was a bit disappointed by the first of the last six episodes that aired last night. It just didn't seem to have the "umph" that most of the earlier shows had. I hope the remaining five get better!

John

For me the oomph was the big surprise at the end that caught everyone, including Brenda, off guard. It came out of left field without any basis, so it wasn't completely playing fair with the audience, but it worked for me.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sure that the sleazy lawyer will be a takedown on a later episode. the twist was unexpected which was good. I also liked the new show that had the schizophrenic as a crime solver...kinda Sherlock Holmes with a twist.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought tonight's episode was one of the better ones of the entire series.

John

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you guys think of the spin off that will take its place? Major Crimes. Won't be the same without her I think.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

I always like the Provenza and Flynn capers. They get into such predicaments. I was thinking this would be the last one ever but, of course, it's possible they will continue the tradition with the spin-off. I'm willing to give it a shot. Most of the actors are returning. In fact, the identity of one of the actors who is not returning makes me think that person is a prime candidate for the departmental leak.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be trying the new series, also. Obviously, it won't be the same without Brenda, but...

John

Very good episode this week. I saw something subtle that makes me think my suspicion about the identity of the leak is correct.

Spoiler:
    After Gabriel had his little chat with Captain Raydor when she overheard him talking to his girlfriend, the camera focused on his key card when he gained access to the squad room. It seemed unusual and I wonder if that's a clue. If so, perhaps his aspiring lawyer girlfriend is either pushing him to divulge information or maybe she's the leak, passing along pillow talk to try to get Brenda in trouble so Gabriel will advance. Maybe the significance of the key card shot is the realization that you don't need a key to access Major Case, just someone with loose lips on the inside.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed quite a bit of the newest episode--my wife is out in Oregon visiting her sister and she called during the show. I'll make sure I catch it either on the Saturday rerun or the rerun next Monday.

I'm not completely convinced of your analysis, Bev.

Spoiler:
    I still have the feeling that Pope is the leak!

John

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    What do you guys think of the spin off that will take its place? Major Crimes. Won't be the same without her I think.
    I'm kind of glad to see it is carrying forward.. I won't be the same without her, however I'll give it an optimistic chance. There is alot of good charactor and is well written.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll agree with that, Explorer!

John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast