Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 160 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the original film is fantastic

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Indeed. The tv series deals with rather different subject matter altogether, with less of a focus on Shaun and more on Lol, but I still greatly enjoy it, especially when viewed as a whole, as each mini-series feels less like a usual tv series and more of an extended film broken down into 4 parts. So while the first episode of 86 gives the impression that it's a lot more light hearted than the film, by the end you realise that it still knows how to deal with powerful subject matter, and how to carefully build up its shocking moments and make them count, as opposed to shocking its audience purely for the sake of it (something of which I'm rather against: Four Lions was a fairly controversial film last year, being a comedy about muslim suicide bombers, but it's also one of my favourites because it knew precisely how to make it work. If director Chris Morris hadn't done everything exactly right and didn't have a story to tell and decided to be controversial purely for the sake of it, I most likely would have hated it). I must remember to keep an eye out for '86 on dvd, and possibly write an analysis on it, too.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I started watching This Is England last night. I'm only about 30 min it, but I am already loving it. It is simply fantastic. I will certainly type up a proper review for it once I finish it.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You have made me and bears very happy, Pond! (Not that either of us are exactly surprised, of course! )

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I figured as much

my only question is why you didn't force me to watch this sooner!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am asking myself the same question. I think I thought you've watched it - how could you not?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It has been in my Netflix queue for quite some time, Jean, but for whatever reason I had not gotten around to watching it. Oddly enough, my main motivation was that the actor who plays Woody - Joe Gilgun - is now on the tv show Misfits and plays one of my favorite characters. But man, am I kicking myself for ignoring it until now. It's simply fantastic, in ever sense of the word. I have to finish writing a paper, then run some errands..I sincerely hope that I have time to finish this film before I go to the new Sherlock Holmes movie tonight with a friend.
    While I do enjoy the Guy Ritchie movies, there's no comparison. I almost feel bad knowing that its quality will pale considerably in light of TIE. I hope it doesn't affect my overall enjoyment, but we'll see...

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    But man, am I kicking myself for ignoring it until now. It's simply fantastic, in ever sense of the word.
    I know exactly what you mean. I initially put it off for a long time, as I thought it would be just another film about how all skinheads are racists. I only really started watching it when I caught the trailer for the '86 mini series. And, like you, I really started kicking myself for not having watched it sooner (especially since, after all, I am a proud Brit who loves great British films). I had no idea that there would be so much more to it than the usual skinhead story, and while yes, it does deal with racism in part, it did it in such a brilliantly handled way. A brilliant little scene with the National Front meeting and a man in a suit talking about how they're "not nazis" but "nationalists" summed it up perfectly: it's not only important to remember that not all skinheads are racists, but also that not all racists are skinheads. Definitely glad that, like me, you finally discovered what a wonderfully different film it is.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: Ashes to Ashes - Series 2, Episode 7.

Had one of the best, "What the flying FUCK?!" subversions of the "You can't change history!" cliche ever.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what you did to me, DD, but I've watched 2 Bristishy movies in 2 days.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Which films, Ricky? Bear in mind, if it's anything starring Hugh Grant, it doesn't count!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, James wil be very pleased to be know that I did finish This is England, and I am downloading TIE '86 as I type I'm also waiting impatiently for a Misfits download link....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Which films, Ricky? Bear in mind, if it's anything starring Hugh Grant, it doesn't count!
    Oh my God, that's so funny...

considering one of them was Love Actually.

And the other was Arthur Christmas (hey, they had accents!)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, Love Actually's not so bad, I think everyone likes Love Actually (although not all may admit to it), so I'll give you that. But i can understand why'd you describe them as "Britishy", considering one of them at least has american actors in it.

Now, for a proper British film, you can't go wrong with This Is England. Now that's a modern classic, that film. But, you've watched the Prestige at least, so that's one film that truly counts as a great British film, even with Hugh Jackman in it - it's a film that uses it's Victorian setting to its full advantage, and it is great, so no complaints from me.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

So, do I pass the test?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just about. But, like everyone else, you still need to watch This Is England.

Speaking of which: currently waiting very patiently (well, as patiently as I can) for Pond to post her review of the film.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

bears too are waiting

Country
    Country Flag

I think you're forgetting that those 2 days consisted of more British than I watch in an entire year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, fingers crossed come January, that'll all change!

- Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching an Australian miniseries The Slap. Very good!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished watching ep 6 of Ashes to Ashes: Series 3. Just 2 eps left to go now. It's funny, but I'm getting emotional all over again, knowing I'm near the end once more. In fact, knowing what's coming might just make it worse. In a good way, at least.

- Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Question: "What are you watching right now?"

Answer: This awesome trailer, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh6S...9fFOAAAAAAAAAA

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Just about. But, like everyone else, you still need to watch This Is England.

Speaking of which: currently waiting very patiently (well, as patiently as I can) for Pond to post her review of the film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears too are waiting
    Working on it, guys....this is going to be a long review. then again, you've both seen it, so you know what to expect

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: Ashes to Ashes, the final episode. Philip Glenister gives an amazing performance here. The whole cast do, really, but Glenister's brilliant at playing the broken hero.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 160 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast