Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 160 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you listen to anything I ever say, let it be this: Watch Utopia.

No, not the US Amazon version that just dropped last weekend. I'm very thankful for James (Doctor Dodge) for mentioning Utopia to me years ago. I was fortunate enough to actually find the PAL DVD at Goodwill. This past weekend I watched the first season and my god it's amazing. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. It's also unexpectedly timely.

Utopia is easily a top 10 show of all-time for me. It's an absolute crime that more people haven't heard of it. Hopefully more people will seek it out now that the remake has hit Prime.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Where's the 31 days of horror thread? We did that here before right?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup! In Gem Theater.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

No, not the US Amazon version that just dropped last weekend.
    Then which one?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A REAL gap in fresh entertainment is coming... and soon. There has not been much filming going on for 6+months... and with winter coming? Damm gonna be old shows I guess... Breaking Bad Re-watch might be in order
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Did a Breaking Bad rewatch last winter. Sigh.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I started watching BB for the first time a few months back. Got through the first 2 episodes and just never went back to it. Some day...

Currently I'm burning through Halt and Catch Fire on Netflix. I'm not sure why I never got into it when it was on AMC. I saw the previews for it all the time and thought it looked interesting. It really hits 2 of the things I like. Computers and retro 80's. It sort of feels like Silicon Valley meets Wargames. I'm already almost through season 2.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Breaking Bad is the greatest show of all time. Yes, of all time.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Then which one?
    Are you talking about the Australian satirical series starring Rob Sitch? If so, I must agree. It's pretty great.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Breaking Bad is the greatest show of all time. Yes, of all time.
    It is pretty extraordinary. Not only that, the first 5 minutes of the premiere might be the greatest cold open of all time.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Almost done with Lost. I found it quite interesting all the references to King, as well as them being told to stop "the man in black" from leaving the island!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I started watching BB for the first time a few months back. Got through the first 2 episodes and just never went back to it. Some day....

I never made it past the first episode.

I finished the final episode of Twin Peaks. Just fantastic.

Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I started watching BB for the first time a few months back. Got through the first 2 episodes and just never went back to it. Some day....

That doesn't even make sense. I can't imagine what was so off-putting that you couldn't finish the episode.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

That doesn't even make sense. I can't imagine what was so off-putting that you couldn't finish the episode.
    I finished the first episode, I said I never made it past that.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I finished the final episode of Twin Peaks. Just fantastic.
    So no anger or longing for more answers? Interesting.

As much as I loved the first two seasons and the movie, I was a little disappointed by the end. I think it was mainly that Coop felt wasted. His scenes were kind of grating.

I talked a friend into watching Twin Peaks from the beginning so we could watch the final season around the same time and discuss. His reaction to the finale was that if he ever met Lynch he would kick his ass. So he wasn't a fan.

Wow, I'm really surprised. Certainly no anger, and while there were still unanswered questions - and room for the story to continue - I think I understand the series ending.

Lynch and Frost clearly wanted to go in a different direction in the third series, focusing on the broader mythology rather than the events within Twin Peaks. I suspect a lot of these ideas would have found their way into the series 25 years ago had it continued. I really liked the more surreal and dreamlike aspects of the third series, and while the Dougie Jones scenes got a bit tiresome, there was plenty else going on to enthrall.

I also enjoyed that the writers had a very clear vision of what they wanted the series to be, and having Lynch direct every episode made a huge difference. This was a passion project, pure and simple, and it really shows.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first season of Twin Peaks and didn't really have an interest to watch more. I love weird shows but it just didn't grab me for some reason.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't do it either. Maybe it's one of those shows that you had to get it on the ground floor (i.e watching it when it first aired), but the melodrama was just too much for me sometimes. The mystery was engaging but everything else around it didn't click with me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen The Good Lord Bird yet? I love Ethan Hawke and he's putting in some serious work here.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I couldn't do it either. Maybe it's one of those shows that you had to get it on the ground floor (i.e watching it when it first aired), but the melodrama was just too much for me sometimes. The mystery was engaging but everything else around it didn't click with me.
    So, I know what you mean, and that tone is very much not David Lynch. It may have been a commentary on the time, when primetime soap operas were still really popular; a hangover from the 80s, perhaps.

I think the premise he was working with was that we have what looks like a fairly run of the mill soap opera, with a basic mystery at its heart, but there’s something deep, dark and very strange behind it all. The melodramatic parts were very much a deliberate decision to tap into that soap opera vibe, I think.

There are also shots of a soap opera playing on TV in the series itself. But I’m not sure whether this is supposed to be Frost and Lynch showing their hand, saying “this is what we’re doing“, or whether the soap opera on the television is supposed to be a contrast to the series containing it. For example, while some scenes are melodramatic, others are almost too realistic for a soap opera-the way that Laura’s mother more or less falls apart for the rest of the series after Laura’s death, for example.

Unfortunately, will never really know what Frost and Lynch originally intended for the first two seasons, because they were forced to reveal the killer early in season two. I think that derailed their intentions completely. And Lynch never explains meaning behind his work.

That’s one thing I find fascinating about season three, because I think it’s giving Lynch the opportunity to re-introduce some ideas that he had had for the original series.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

THE BOYS... it’s the best show on TV right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Then which one?
    The original UK version from 2013.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

Then which one?
    The original UK version from 2013.
    Sorry, I missed that response.

I finished season 2, which was harder to find and the series, in general, is fantastic. I really hope the UK version makes its way to Amazon or Netflix.

I'm halfway through the US version and it's trash.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    THE BOYS... it’s the best show on TV right now
    Bro, how dope was that S2 finale?

Also, I completely forgot that I A) was subscribed to Kindle Unlimited, and B) had downloaded all issues of The Boys graphic novel series about a year ago. The books are like 10x more perverse and sadistic than the show. I recommend you checking it out if you're looking to delve deeper into that world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 160 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 LastLast