Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 160 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Watching The Last Dance on ESPN. The documenrary of the final season of arguably the greatest NBA dynasty ever led by the GOAT.
    Tom Brady?
    Sounds more like Bill Russell.
    Watching TLD, it became extremely apparent to me that MJ wouldn't have won those rings without Pippen. And they say he had no help!
    I thought that was a pretty well known fact. His supporting cast was absolutely critical and Pippen was always considered the Robin to Jordan's Batman. At least amoung Chicago fans.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Ignorant people when told about anything that happened >5 minutes ago:

https://www.landofbasketball.com/pla...ll_russell.htm

What am I missing exactly? Bill has him beat in championships and rebounds. That's it.

He also played with a lot more HOF teammates. MJ had Pippen and a bunch of pretty good players.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching The Last Dance on ESPN. The documenrary of the final season of arguably the greatest NBA dynasty ever led by the GOAT.
    Tom Brady?
    Sounds more like Bill Russell.
    Dr. J would get my vote.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Westworld Season 3 Ep. 1

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOST LOST LOST... I just cannot stop. I was a HEAVY pot smoker when it came out. Its shocking how much I forget and the character development is unreal good. I so wish we would get another show like this OR have it pic up where we left off.... meaning the short story released online later when Hurley and Ben show up at that warehouse in the US... (PS: if you have not seen that... it answers a lot of questions the show finale did not).
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I love LOST.
    What short story are you talking about? Was it a streaming thing? That's something I would love to see.
    Yes it was a 12 minute (I think) streaming piece that tied up loose ends. A MUST SEE FOR ANY FAN. Hurley and Ben are in it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH0P-CA7ntE
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thinking of starting Inhumans. Thoughts?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Netflix Harlan Coben's The Stranger

I like it!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What am I missing exactly?
    My posts were getting at separate things without being terribly specific or clear in either instance; allow me to clarify my meanings:

With regard to the first item:

...obviously the documentary was about Jordan; I was mainly having fun with the fact that Jon threw Tom Brady's name in there:

Tom Brady?
    ...since Brady doesn't play in the NBA, Russell (who did) seemed more logical, and kept it in the Boston area.

With regard to the latter item:

...I assume you were laughing off the inclusion of Bill Russell in a conversation that began with Jordan, which would be ludicrous for two reasons:

1) The original comment was about a dynasty (dynasties are teams, not individuals), and Russell's Celtics' 11 championships in 13 seasons is clearly above and beyond Jordan's Bulls' 6 in 8.

2) As for Russell vs. Jordan specifically: while and there's nothing dumb about believing Russell isn't the best ever, to laugh him - perhaps the greatest winner in the history of sports: college, olympic, 11 NBA titles - out of any discussion of sports excellence - is...well, if I have to explain it...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Dr. J would get my vote.
    J was amazing.

The '83 Sixers were a hell of a team, one of the best teams of the '80s.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I should add: obviously Jordan was amazing. I saw him get 63 against the Celtics in the '86 playoffs - that was something.

My posts were getting at separate things without being terribly specific or clear in either instance; allow me to clarify my meanings:

...obviously the documentary was about Jordan; I was mainly having fun with the fact that Jon threw Tom Brady's name in there:

Tom Brady?
    ...since Brady doesn't play in the NBA, Russell (who did) seemed more logical, and kept it in the Boston area.

...I assume you were laughing off the inclusion of Bill Russell in a conversation that began with Jordan, which would be ludicrous for two reasons:

1) The original comment was about a dynasty (dynasties are teams, not individuals), and Russell's Celtics' 11 championships in 13 seasons is clearly above and beyond Jordan's Bulls' 6 in 8.

2) As for Russell vs. Jordan specifically: while and there's nothing dumb about believing Russell isn't the best ever, to laugh him - perhaps the greatest winner in the history of sports: college, olympic, 11 NBA titles - out of any discussion of sports excellence - is...well, if I have to explain it...
    The original comment wasn't about a dynasty. I even said that it was arguably the greatest dynasty. I'll admit others may be better. But when it comes to the GOAT, there is no argument. That's what the "G" stands for.

I've had the debates time and time again. MJ is the guy everyone else is compared to. I could link to a dozen different articles that say the same thing. Even when compared to more current players like Kobe or LeBron.

So yes, saying any other name is laughable.

Although if you just threw it in for fun and weren't serious then...

Good one!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ex Machina

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Ex Machina

is that on a streaming service or do you have a hard copy?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Ex Machina

is that on a streaming service or do you have a hard copy?
    Blu ray. But it is on Netflix too.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...I could link to a dozen different articles that say the same thing.
    I can see you've thought things through! Well, as long as all your friends in that charming gif share your opinion, I suppose it must be definitive.

I mean, there's a reason we don't judge players by the number of rings they have. If that were the case then someone like Dennis Rodman or Will Perdue would be considered better players than guys like Karl Malone, John Stockon, Patrick Ewing or Charles Barkley.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

watching right now: The Great Courses Plus.

my English friends gave me access to the lectures as a New Year's present. They seem to have known everything beforehand, quarantine and all. The access started in March. In March. There are tons of fantastic, superb lectures - am now watching mainly about music, history and both (Robert M. Greenberg, he of San Francisco Performances, is my new hero)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Alex Garland's Annihilation

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Alex Garland's Annihilation

I loved that movie so much I bought the CD soundtrack.
    Well you officially like Alex Garland movies (ex machina, Annihilation. I have not watched yet but may want to check out the limited series Devs. He created it.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tom Brady?

The original comment wasn't about a dynasty. I even said that it was arguably the greatest dynasty. I'll admit others may be better. But when it comes to the GOAT, there is no argument. That's what the "G" stands for.

I've had the debates time and time again. MJ is the guy everyone else is compared to. I could link to a dozen different articles that say the same thing. Even when compared to more current players like Kobe or LeBron.

So yes, saying any other name is laughable.

Although if you just threw it in for fun and weren't serious then...

Good one!
    I'm going to reiterate an opinion I have had for a very long time. It's almost impossible to compare different generations of players EXCEPT perhaps on a very, very specific set of parameters and even then it can still lead to spirited debate. You can say, as pointed out here, "What team or Player was involved with the greatest dynasty (amount of championships) of all time and Bill Russell's Celtics would be the answer.

Simply said the game (s) are always evolving just like human beings are. It's virtually the same debate as in other sports. Try and compare, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and say, Mike Trout. There are just so many variables in play that IMHO you can only discuss the "GOAT" in very narrow guidelines or more plausibly (again IMHO) within their respective generations. One of the most unfortunate (or fortunate depending upon who your particular favorite is) characteristics is the players or team surrounding that player. Is Marino a better QB than, Montana? marino never had a team around him. Jordan better than Russell? They played different positions and game philosophy were very different, but also, Russell was surrounded by HOF players while, Jordan had Pippen and rrole players. You can got on and on.

In my opinion you have to stick to adding the caveat, "of his/her Era". Because make no mistake our great grandchildren (God Bless) will be having similar debates about (????) and Lebron or Jordan in 2050!!!

I'm currently involved in watching last years Yankee games and the "Billions" Season 2 marathon on Showtime in preparation for the new season debuting in May.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Does women's WWE wrestling fit in here somewhere?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I know not many are into Anime here, but 7 Seeds is absolutely fantastic. It's just good storytelling. I also saw that new Ghost in the Shell series hit Netflix so that's next.

I'll have to finally finish Locke & Key and Nightflyers too. I can't really put my finger on it why those two shows didn't fully click with me. In theory they should've, 100%. And then, there's Mandalorian which I thought I'd hate and I ended up watching the entire season in one day.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I know not many are into Anime here, but 7 Seeds is absolutely fantastic. It's just good storytelling. I also saw that new Ghost in the Shell series hit Netflix so that's next.
    I'm down for the occasional anime (I'm making my way through My Hero Academia and One Punch Man rn).

I heard about the new Ghost in the Shell, I'm down with it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like people didn't talk enough about Homecoming when it came out. I'm really enjoying it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 160 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast