Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 160 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, for one, the Digimon could actually talk, they weren't enslaved in tiny plastic balls to be released at the master's bidding to have petty duels...oh, yeah. And Digimon actually had a plot!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Anybody will tell you that Pokemon blew Digimon out of the water.
    Anyone will tell you that Digimon kicked Pokemon's ass for one reason, and one reason alone: Digimon had a story!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently watching Haven season 2

and so far it rocks

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Anyone will tell you that Digimon kicked Pokemon's ass for one reason, and one reason alone: Digimon had a story!
    But everybody knows the Digimon trading cards sucked.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yeah, but the tv series was amazing! A kids show about a bunch of completely different characters thrown together and forced to survive on a mysterious island with arcs and serious character development, with the characters dealing with issues of faith, science, logic, courage, with cool villains to boot? How can you not love a show like that?

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How can you not love a show like that?
    Because I was too busy watching Pokemon.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Jesus Christ... Pokemon was ok for kids viewing, but even I could see that it was the same bullshit plot every week! And don't get me started on the trading cards! The only thing good about the franchise were the video games: that's. It.

Anyway, watching right now: bought a box set of Del Toro films today. Instead, I'm watching more Cracker. Because Coltrane really is that awesome!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Jesus Christ... Pokemon was ok for kids viewing
    That's because I was a kid when I watched it!

Anyway...
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok I said, but no better. The best shows I watched as a kid didn't treat me like I had ADHD all the time or that I was an idiot: Batman, Maid Marian and her Merry Men, and yes, even Digimon - all shows I could watch as a kid then and still hold up pretty bloody well now.

- Melike

Along the Path of the Beam Bad Karma will become famous soon enough Bad Karma's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Anybody will tell you that Pokemon blew Digimon out of the water.
    OMG i'm waaay too old for this thread.........

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

got my eye on a book.... well you asked what i was watching

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: The Orphanage.

I should've watched this last week, but I was too distracted by Cracker. I'm sure bears will be pleased (and I hope he will check out one or two horrific eps of Who I can recommend that I'm sure he'll enjoy! )

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: this clip of Cracker.

Eddie Fitzgerald: one of the greatest characters ever written for television.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: A young Robert Carlyle in Cracker - To Be A Somebody.

Because I honestly can't get enough of this show. 25 quid for 11 movie length eps of the quality I've seen so far? Bargain.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds it! I loved that clip - he has an awesome view of his own lifestyle, as far as I'm concerned I want to watch even more, now...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: The Devil's Backbone

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

: nervously jumps up and down :

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I really liked it Jean, though I think it's gonna take a couple more watches for me to fully appreciate it, as there are a lot of layers to it. The most basic is the ghost story element, but it's also a war story, a story of good versus evil, of growing up. On initial viewing, I'd say that I enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth quite a bit more, as it has that rare fairytale magic to it that many, many films are sorely lacking these days. I'm also a huge fan of monsters, especially ones crafted with originality and creativity in a film, so that may have also affected my opinion a bit. But yes, overall I must say that I really enjoyed The Devil's Backbone. I just don't think I can rate it until I give it a couple more viewings, first.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm rewatching A Study in Pink, ep 1 of Sherlock, as part of a class assignment - a critical media analysis. So far, it's going well. A bit odd, really, to be watching one of my all-time favorite shows from a critical perspective, but not bad at all. And really...I just needed an excuse to watch these brilliant films again!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Awesome, Fred!

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked it Jean, though I think it's gonna take a couple more watches for me to fully appreciate it, as there are a lot of layers to it. The most basic is the ghost story element, but it's also a war story, a story of good versus evil, of growing up. On initial viewing, I'd say that I enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth quite a bit more, as it has that rare fairytale magic to it that many, many films are sorely lacking these days. I'm also a huge fan of monsters, especially ones crafted with originality and creativity in a film, so that may have also affected my opinion a bit. But yes, overall I must say that I really enjoyed The Devil's Backbone. I just don't think I can rate it until I give it a couple more viewings, first.
    bears love Backbone just a tiny bit more than Labyrinth, but actually they wouldn't try to choose between the two, both are among bears' favorite films ever. They complement each other, like the shadowy and the sunlit, female and male, convoluted and stark, etc. I am happy you liked it, and I know you're going to love it when you've watched it again!

Now, have you seen these two monsters by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, La Cité des enfants perdus and Delicatessen?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Actually no, I hadn't even heard of them before now. Rest assured, they will now be added onto my Lovefilm list! I'm also looking forward to checking out Brazil, which arrived in the post last week, and Heather's recommendation of Carnivale. I'm hoping I'll enjoy them both.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

DD, you are really really going to love Jeunet!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

From what I've read, they both sound fantastic!

Btw, don't forget to let me know when you watch Blink, will ya?

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

hopefully, am downloading it now. If it is ep 10 of season 3, that is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 160 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast