Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 160 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Just watched Doctor Who (2005): Season 1, Episode 1, "Rose". I gave it a four out of five. Pretty enjoyable. Rose is gorgeous, The Doctor seems like an interesting character and Christopher Eccleston does a good job of mixing the comedy with the serious. The plastic guys reminded me a bit of Power Rangers, but no worries. Excited about the rest of season one.
    Glad to hear it, Shannon! See, I told ya you didn't need to worry about any previous knowledge of the show to enjoy it. It gets even better as the season goes on.

WRN: Breaking Bad, Season 1, Episode 5. Just got back to watching this, still a really great show. When I'm done with the first season of this and the second of The Wire: Carnivale!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched episodes 3,4, and 5 of Fringe over the weekend. I can feel it's grasp on me strengthening with each new episode.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

WRN: Carnivale, season 2. It seems to be getting interesting, as the plot is finally starting to develop.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Watched episodes 3,4, and 5 of Fringe over the weekend. I can feel it's grasp on me strengthening with each new episode.
    YES!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't Carnivale air a few years back?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yep. I'm watching it on dvd.

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it really that good? I started watching season 1 two years ago and never got any further.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Imo? Nah, not really. I'm hoping it gets better, but I'm only watching it because Brice said he'd watch the Office (UK). Certainly, it's not as good as the Wire, now that's a fucking amazing show. But it's gotten a little better since I started watching. You're not missing much, though.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info. I'm not usually a big fan of TV series and I'm pretty picky so that'll save some time.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, I've got a few recommendations. Depends what you're looking for, really. Other than The Wire, awesome recommendations are Sherlock, a recent BBC adaptation that's one of the best takes of the Sherlock Holmes mythology I've ever watched, the original Life on Mars, a wonderfully fresh and psychological take on the old "cop show" formula - what happens when a modern day cop finds himself in a 70s environment? - and of course, for pure scifi fun, well, Doctor Who always comes top of the list. Just a few random recommendations I'm making, anyway.

- Melike

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been re watching The Sopranos over the past few months, and just watched the second to last episode of season five.

Spoiler:
    Even knowing it was coming, it was quite emotional watching Adrianna get taken out. I mean we all know she brought it on herself, but how she kept slipping in deeper and deeper there was really no other way out. I remember being shocked when I watched it the first time around.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Me too. Definitely one of the show's greatest moments, for me.

- Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Two things:

1) Carnivale was great. It was so different. And to me, different is good (most of the time). I'm the type of guy, I watch so much television and so many movies, that nothing surprises me anymore. If it's a mystery, I can tell you who the bad guy is gonna be the first time he pops up. I can normally tell you what happens in an episode. Like, in The Walking Dead (barn spoiler):

Spoiler:
    I knew the little girl would be in there. Knew it.

So, when something is different, I like it. It keeps me off my guard. I like not knowing what was going on. Lost and American Horror Story were both like that also.

2) Just watched Doctor Who (2005): Season 1, Episode 8, "Father's Day". GREAT episode. One of the best episodes of television I've seen.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I just find Carnivale a little difficult to get into, Shannon. Visually, it's great, I'll say that much. I do plan on sticking with it till the end, then make up an ending when I get to that infamous lack of resolution comes along.

And excellent! See, I said it gets better! That's one thing I liked about the first few seasons of the new series: started out small, but got bigger and tackled darker and more emotional themes as it went on, like with Father's Day. A lot of amazing performances in that one. Hell, that's not even one of the best episodes!

- Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And the Dalek episode, that was a pretty good one also. I'm enjoying it. At the moment, I'm currently watching Doctor Who (2005): Season 1 by myself and with Amber we're flipping between Season 2 of Being Human (UK) and Season 2 of Battlestar Galactica.

Did you ever watch a show called Twin Peaks? I've never seen it, but I'm familiar with David Lynch and his INSANE way of directing things. It's supposed to be nutso.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've only watched the first few eps, but yes, I loved what I saw. A lot of quirky, distinctive characters, a lot of strange goings on, very surreal. I enjoyed it. Must get the box set someday. I've yet to watch any of Lynch's films, though. Shocking, I know.

Glad you liked the Dalek one, too. That was a great ep that established a lot of new mythology in the show while also providing a lot of great drama, especially for Eccleston. Really good stuff.

Oh, and you're gonna have to let me know what you think when you watch the finale. Possibly the next story, too, that's a fan favourite, and the current showrunner's first story for the series.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the first season of Twin Peaks (yes, I'm looking at you, Heather. ) and didn't really like it. It was too much like Happy Town (which I loved) meets soap opera. But I will say that the Red Room is probably the creepiest thing I have ever seen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I've yet to watch any of Lynch's films, though. Shocking, I know.
    Oh, dude ... dude .... dudedudedudedudedude DUDE...

His films are the very embodiment of abstract and erratic, each irresistably compelling in it's own way.

It feels like his films got stranger as his filmography went on, so I would suggest starting off with something mild (well, mild for him anyway) before moving on to some of his true mindfucks.

I'm going to suggest Blue Velvet or Mulholland Dr. as a launch pad, dip your toes in the water before taking the plunge, so to speak. Like I tell all first time Lynchers though : make sure to check your sanity at the door

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Lynch didn't make enough movies... I love his style and find myself re-watching his movies often. Eraserhead especially. Sometimes I just crave it. lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulholland Dr. is "dipping your toes in"? I do not concur. Not even the DIRECTOR knows what's going on in that film.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulholland Dr. is the most straight forward film in the world compared to the likes of, say, Inland Empire ?

And Lynch was a painter first and a film director second. Even his art is difficult to decipher. Some of the thoughts in his noggin might go over our heads even if he did his darnest to present them as clearly as possible. And like every work of art, you don't have to know the motivation behind each brush stroke.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You've got me intrigued. I do love truly surreal stuff. It's another reason I love Life on Mars so much - yes, throughout an episode, you'd have cop show meets time travel story, but then you'd have random shit like the messages from the tv, the random visions, and, most WTF?! of all, the Test Card Girl. Not the most surreal stuff ever made, true, but it certainly added an added dimension to the show of the difference between reality and fantasy and being unsure where the line is. Btw, did you ever get back to watching that show?

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't, actually. Although the curiosity is starting to settle back in again. Ahhh, I want to give it another shot but I so didn't feel that first episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 160 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast