Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 160 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Two shows at once is good.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I'm going to start Sherlock tonight. I thought it would be a minimal time commitment, as opposed to Who.

Could one of the Brits explain why a season consists of three episodes? Is this normal over there? Is the unaired pilot available and/or worth watching?
    Actually, no, not even our series are that short usually - usually it's between 6 or 13 eps per series. I think it's because since each episode in Sherlock's case is 90 minutes long each, it probably reduces the length. As for the unaired pilot - no, not at all other than comparison's sake - the first aired episode is pretty much the pilot, but with more plot and more characters.

Btw: excellent choice! If you want another great (but, at 16 eps long, short) British series to watch afterwards, go with Life on Mars. One of the best TV shows ever. And speaking as someone who's seen Sopranos, Breaking Bad and The Wire, I do mean ever!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good to know. So they're like miniature movies. I guess I'll probably only do one tonight then.

I've heard good things about Life on Mars. What's it about?
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great, Sarah. Now you've done it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good to know. So they're like miniature movies. I guess I'll probably only do one tonight then.

I've heard good things about Life on Mars. What's it about?
    Life on Mars is a show about a by-the-book cop in modern day (well, 2006) Manchester who, while tracking down a serial killer, gets hit by a car and wakes up in 1973. The story of the show is about two things: first, how Sam adjusts to a way of policing that's less by-the-book and work in a world of sexist, racist, homophobic and all-round offensive cops (chief/best among them is his new boss, Gene Hunt) and how Sam tries to find a way home. Both stories are pretty basic, I will admit, but the way it's executed is brilliant: characters, dialogue, cinematography, music (it's the 1970s and named after a Bowie song, of COURSE the music is awesome) - all brilliant.

- Melike

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Great, Sarah. Now you've done it.

Thanks, maybe I'll check it out later.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cool. Only a couple of months since my last re-watch, actually. Fucking hell, I need to re-watch it again! (Btw, if bears reads this, only joking - not gonna re-watch it until you do. )

Let me know what you think of Sherlock anyway, Sarah. I know you're not much of a fan of Cumberbatch atm (probably another reason why each series is so short - you're right, he has been turning up everywhere lately), but I hope you enjoy Sherlock, all the same.

- Melike

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Redacted.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dango Unchained

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    Dango Unchained
    Just watched this last week - absolutely LOVED it!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Cool. Only a couple of months since my last re-watch, actually. Fucking hell, I need to re-watch it again! (Btw, if bears reads this, only joking - not gonna re-watch it until you do. )

Let me know what you think of Sherlock anyway, Sarah. I know you're not much of a fan of Cumberbatch atm (probably another reason why each series is so short - you're right, he has been turning up everywhere lately), but I hope you enjoy Sherlock, all the same.
    I don't really have a problem with Cumberbatch as a person or an actor, but I can't get away from him or his fangirls (mostly his fangirls). Maybe if I got off Pinterest once in a while, I'd feel differently.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah yeah, I know that feeling. Tbh, I don't take that much interest in pin interest, but I can definitely relate to that. It's like David Tennant - love him as an actor, and a great actor, but the amount of raging fangirls he has sometimes makes me forget of why I enjoyed him in Who or Broadchurch in the first place! Hopefully though, BC can be awesome enough as Sherlock for ya to make you forget about his fangirls, and if that doesn't happen, keep this line he once said from one of my favourite British films, Four Lions: "You're an arse man! I knew you were an arse man!"

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

WRN: Boardwalk Empire. First time watching it. Really liking it so far. Also, Stephen Graham as Al Capone = fucking genius casting choice. Can't wait to see more of him in the role.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the first Sherlock. I think I will watch more soon.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched the first two episodes of Netflix's new original, House of Cards - very good. Not as good as Orange is the New Black, another Netflix original that my wife an I ODd on recently, but still interesting.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Millennium season 2

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kingdom Hospital. I like it, although could do without some of the corniness.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I enjoyed the first Sherlock. I think I will watch more soon.
    Cool. Thought you'd enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I just watched the first two episodes of Netflix's new original, House of Cards - very good. Not as good as Orange is the New Black, another Netflix original that my wife an I ODd on recently, but still interesting.
    I so have to watch both that and the UK original. Love political drama, and I've heard plenty of great things about both. Even the Thick of It, as fucking hysterical as it is as a comedy, had plenty of political back stabbings and a nice mix of sympathetic and despicable characters that made me love it. So I'm definitely keen to check out House of Cards eventually.

Now watching: The Sopranos. Chasing It. Loving this episode, as the focus on Tony's gambling problems and how it's impacting his life strongly reminds me of that other awesome fat bastard, Robbie Coltrane as Fitz in Cracker.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    If you can, try Riget. It's the Danish version, and the dark humor is phenomenal. The only really awful part is that they never finished it, one or two of the main actors died, but it's still awesome.

Country
    Country Flag

Riget is done in tow parts, the first season was back in '94 and they finished it back in '97

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    If you can, try Riget. It's the Danish version, and the dark humor is phenomenal. The only really awful part is that they never finished it, one or two of the main actors died, but it's still awesome.
    Only seen the first part. Avoided the 2nd part as a result since I heard there was no conclusion to the story, but you're right, what I've seen is awesome. Bizarre, sick and twisted at some points, but definitely awesome.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Riget II had sort of a conclusion but it left more questions to be answered

Country
    Country Flag

I find it to be more of a cliffhanger than a conclusion. There were obviously parts that were meant to be answered in the next season.

So. Sherlock. Three questions.

1. Is there a prohibition against smoking on tv in Britain? I ask because of the nicotine patches. I know we have laws in the US but I don't know if you have similar ones over there.
    Spoiler:

2. Is it possible the pills were "iocane powder?" As in, they were both poison, but the poisoner had either adapted himself or used them as medication and thus was immune? This occurred to my sister and me separately, so I see it as a valid theory.

3. Wouldn't Cumberbatch be the perfect Voldemort in a remake? He has a snakey look.

Country
    Country Flag

Millennium season 2 discs 4-6

over 996 minutes

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I find it to be more of a cliffhanger than a conclusion. There were obviously parts that were meant to be answered in the next season.

So. Sherlock. Three questions.

1. Is there a prohibition against smoking on tv in Britain? I ask because of the nicotine patches. I know we have laws in the US but I don't know if you have similar ones over there.
    Spoiler:

2. Is it possible the pills were "iocane powder?" As in, they were both poison, but the poisoner had either adapted himself or used them as medication and thus was immune? This occurred to my sister and me separately, so I see it as a valid theory.

3. Wouldn't Cumberbatch be the perfect Voldemort in a remake? He has a snakey look.
    1. Not to my knowledge. I mentioned Life on Mars earlier, which was broadcast on the same channel at the same time of day, and the amount of smoking and drinking in that would probably be the equivalent of Mad Men. However, there is a heavy overall smoking ban in the UK, as far as smoking in the workplace or even indoors in pubs is concerned, so I think they decided to have Sherlock go with the patches to make it a little more believable. Like he said, it really is borderline impossible to smoke in London these days. He does actually smoke at one point in the series, though.

Spoiler:
    Not a bad theory. It would certainly make the most sense as to how the villain knew what pill was which, since they were both identical - the classic double bluff.

3. You know what, I can see that happening.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 160 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast