Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two will advance to the next round ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Edgar Wright

2 11.76%
  • Danny Boyle

8 47.06%
  • Hayao Miyazaki

5 29.41%
  • Spike Jonze

2 11.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TDGT - Round 1, Group I

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Unfortunately Wright's chances of advancing are severely diminished seeing as how he only has two (soon to be three) feature length films under his name ... but who knows ! Maybe in a few years, once he has a couple more films under his belt, in another tournament type thread, he could advance much further
    Do you know what, I honestly believe that, feev. I certainly believe he'd have a much better chance at it, at least! I think one of the best tweets I've read recently is also one of the funniest:

KineticFilms: Scott Pilgrim film had the most aspect ratio changes I've seen since Dr Strangelove. I just compared Edgar Wright to Kubrick. You're welcome
    Perhaps going a bit far, but the man's got a rather unique style of bringing the awesome to the mundane, that can't be denied. For anyone who's liked his movies, check out tv series Spaced, which he directed from start to finish. Not to change your opinions on this poll, Boyle and Miyazaki are truly great directors and deserve those votes, I won't deny that, but to at least get a further glimpse of Wright at his best.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    ok, I finally decided to go with Boyle, but that was a tough one.
    Ditto and ditto. (Tough one.)
    Regrets to Miyazaki, but I hadda give credit to Danny Boyle.
    Still have to agree with earlier postings, however, in saying that this thread ain't got the most compelling candidates, all things considered.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Still have to agree with earlier postings, however, in saying that this thread ain't got the most compelling candidates, all things considered.
    Maybe not, but it's got some pretty bloody good ones, and certainly all the directors I have seen movies of I've enjoyed immensely.

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Danny Boyle and Hayao Miyazaki advance to the next round !

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The film fan in me isn't surprised in the slightest about this, feev. Of course, the Spaced fan in me is screaming:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?

Ah well. I just need to wait for him to direct a few more films, I guess, before people start taking Edgar Wright seriously as a great director. And I still believe that Scott Pilgrim is going to be both a great comedy film and a great adaptation too, even with Michael Cera in it. The fight scenes just look so amazingly incredible and ridiculous I really can't wait to see it.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2