Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Sherlock

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Thanks for posting your thoughts on the show as a whole bears. I'm glad that, while it wasn't perfect, you were at least entertained by it.

Although I must admit that this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    No show can be blamed for not being Life on Mars.
    really made me laugh!
    Hahaha! So true!

Along the Path of the Beam Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The fandom's reaction to the wait time between series

After series one: "What? Two whole years to wait? That's ridiculous"

After series two: "What? Another Two Whole years? For God's sake!

After series three: "Oh no, not again"

I'm guessing that after series four (if it continues...fingers crossed...) that we'll have accepted it without it even needing to be announced...

Along the Path of the Beam Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Extra Christmas episode next Christmas (as in Christmas 2015)? Yes please!

As long as it's full length, and as long as we get the full length, three-episode, hour-and-a-half episodes in early 2016, I'm happy...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Soon...ish
    Well, not soon...ish enough!

Thanks, pablo! Got my Sherlock fix for today
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

YES!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So, with the special taking place in Victorian England: any ideas why? If it's just a one-off with no actual ties to the modern-day series and is just an excuse to see Cumberbatch and Freeman in a more "traditional" Holmes story...well, I've certainly got no complaints!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I think there's a 5% chance time travel is involved.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm new to this series and just watched season 3, episode 1.
    Great, great series.
    Too bad I only have two more episodes to go...

sk

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Its only a week 'til the new Sherlock!
    WOOT!

Country
    Country Flag

YYEEEEESSSSSS!

So much to look forward to next year....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The staticky "miss me" bits at the end of the last episode gave me the chills...been waiting for this.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Yay! The wait is nearly over!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So, I've just watched series 4 of Sherlock. Thoughts?

Spoiler:
    Overall, I enjoyed it, but like series 3, it definitely didn't match the high set by series 1 and 2. Things got very, very dark with this one. I think my favourite was 'The Lying Detective', for two reasons. One, you had the brilliant Toby Jones giving this fantastic performance as the villain of the piece. Watching him in scenes with Cumberbatch was magnificent to witness. Two, I loved how there was a huge case for Sherlock to solve. What was interesting was, right from the start, we were told who the villain was, but that didn't stop Holmes working it out from being very intriguing. Possibly one of the show's best episodes.

As for the ending...I really liked how it was a little low-key, but at the same time, very definitive. Every thing was wrapped up nicely. It was very much "the legend goes on", and that's kind of the best way to end things, I think. Even at 13 episodes, I think the show had told all it needed to tell. (Especially considering every episode was basically the length of a film.)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7