Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What's your favorite season ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Season 1

6 35.29%
  • Season 2

6 35.29%
  • Season 3

3 17.65%
  • Season 4

1 5.88%
  • Season 5

0 0%
  • Season 6

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Season of LOST ?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Your Favorite Season of LOST ?

For me, LOST reached the pinnacle of it's narrative and 'mystical' abilities in the 2nd season.

Having a large chunk of character development taken care of in the first season, the 2nd season was free to advance evenly in both plot and character study, at a consistent pace. While the latter seasons were bogged down by constant movement/action, the 2nd season wasn't 'hindered' by any particular sense of urgency.

In addition to boasting one of my favorite moments in all of LOST (Desmond gearing up to face the intruders to the hatch), it was also the season which emphasized the philosophical struggles of Jack and Locke, the man of science and the man of faith.

The only thing I hold against the second season is that we see virtually nothing of Smokie/MIB, undoubtedly one of the most fascinating elements in all of LOST.

What's your favorite season, and why ?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Season 1 has always been my favorite. I loved the mystery surrounding it. There's a smoke monster in the jungle, giant polar bears running around, whispers in the woods, a distress signal which has been going off for years, no sign of rescue, mysterious Others! I loved everything about it, and was hooked from the very first episode.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Season 1 is also my favorite. My brothers and I always talk about how fun that time of our lives was, it was so fun getting into a new, different show. I agree with you Heather, between the polar bear, the smoke monster, the hatch, Danielle Rousseau... it was just so interesting. It's also the season I rewatch over and over again when there's nothing else on (although I watch season 2 a lot also). Good times.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Season 6. I liked by this point most of the characters had stopped asking questions, unlike the past seasons. Whenever anything weird happened they just seemed to take it as normalcy. We got to see the characters without any layers of doubt (except MIB of course). Jack's character had been taking steps up every season since the start of season 3 but they did a great job with him this season. The performances in season 6 were the best they have ever done.

Despite what everyone thinks about the purgatory what not, I loved all the Flash Sideways. Each one of them suited the characters very well, especially Ben's, Locke's and Sayids, though Ben was definitely the best. The way the show wrapped up as a whole is great.

Season one is kind of so-so for me now. After seeing it three times it's kind of ho-hum. Since so much of it is spent on backstory which they've trodded over for five seasons now, it has a real been there, done that feeling to me, though it still has some very excellent episodes.

Weakest Season was season 4 but I'm sure the strike affected what they had inteded to do with it.

I'd put the seasons in this order, as a personal choice:

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

for me it's season 3 and season 5 coming in at a close second
    unlike many people I liked how the maing characters were trapped by the others in the begining of season 3, it was tense! also it was where ben became my favorite character and it had flat out war between the losties and the others

season 5 has the most mindblowing twist ever at the end of it, it's where things started really falling into place
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea, season three had some of my favourite episodes. Man Behind The Curtain, Behind The Looking Glass, Expose, The Brig, The Man From Talahasee and Flashes Before Your Eyes. Season three was when you could first see the plotline from the show start to emerge, the settings up with Desmond and his flashes, the freighter/Widmore, mrs hawking and more direct themes of destiny.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow--favorite season? Like...choose?

I like all of them for different reasons, but season one will always be a little more special (as others said above) due to the mystery of the show and having no idea which direction it would go.

If we're ranking though, I'd say:

Season 1
    Season 2
    Season 4
    Season 5
    Season 3
    Season 6

Of course, it might change when I do my series re-watch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently in the process of rewatching the series, and I have to say that the first season is a lot more stagnant than I remember it being...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a tough question. I love all of the seasons. They all have high and low points. I almost went with Season 3 because of the season finale twist, all of the Locke material, Ben's backstory, Juliet, Hurley's bus, and many other reasons. But then I thought about flashbacks of Thailand, the pointless rescue and death of Eko, and, of course, Nikki and Paulo. I will have to keep thinking about it before I vote.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Season 2 without a doubt. I posted the reasons in the regular thread, I'll find them, but the word LIBBY appears in most of them.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm currently in the process of rewatching the series, and I have to say that the first season is a lot more stagnant than I remember it being...
    Stagnant?? Explain!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

He means slow. And he's right. It's the longest season by 42 minutes. And after the first few episodes it slows right to a crawl until the finale, minus the stuff with Ethan. It's a little tedius, at least the flashbacks did, to me. It's still good but compared the pace of the last four seasons, it does feel very slow.

I don't know, season 1 didn't seem slow to me at all. The later seasons do have a faster pace, but that's also because they were shortened.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't think season 1 was slow either. It wasn't as fast as latter seasons, but it definitely wasn't slow. The first season of every show is mostly exposition, backstory on characters and events, etc., so of course it's going to take awhile to get where the show intends to go.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course, it's just upon subsequent viewings it as a total been there, done that feeling. I've seen season one almost 4 times entirely. It's good, not saying that. But it did have it's few lulls.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, okay, now that you say it becomes a little slow after the initial viewing, I can see where you're coming from.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Season 2. The Hatch, that's all I need to say.

“Why do you find it so hard to believe?”

“Why do you find it so easy?”

"Its not easy, It's never been easy!!"

Chill bumps just thinking about that scene. Amazing.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked Season 4. I know that from the Season 3 finale to the Season 4 finale no actual new ground was covered, but Season 4 is when the show really became an epic to me.

Seasons 6 and 3 are tied for second, with 5 in third followed by 1 and 2.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AIMB View Post

Not only is S2 also my favorite season, but that ^ exchange is one of my all time favorite LOST moments, top 3 for sure.

Awesome

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Not only is S2 also my favorite season, but that ^ exchange is one of my all time favorite LOST moments, top 3 for sure.

Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Scenes like this are the reason LOST is the only show that sticks with you afterwards just like a book does.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Scenes like this are the reason LOST is the only show that sticks with you afterwards just like a book does.
    Among other things, yes. What I love about the show is how you can see so many facets of your own life reflected in the lives and pasts of the Losties, food for introspection , if you will. Other shows are great entertainment, but LOST is something special, something unique - it tugs at your heart strings and makes you reflect on your past decisions and current path and ambitions.

Country
    Country Flag

If you were writing a paper on LOST, that'd be a great thesis, feev.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast