Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two will advance to the next round ?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guillermo Del Toro

12 44.44%
  • Terry Gilliam

9 33.33%
  • Mel Brooks

6 22.22%
  • Tomas Alfredson

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TDGT - Round 1, Group F

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TDGT - Round 1, Group F

Guillermo Del Toro's IMDB Page

Notable films : Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy I/II, Mimic, The Devil's Backbone, Blade II

Terry Gilliam's IMDB Page

Notable films : Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Brazil, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Twelve Monkeys

Mel Brooks's IMDB Page

Notable films : Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Robin Hood : Men in Tights, Spaceballs, Dracula - Dead and Loving it.

Tomas Alfredson's IMDB Page

Notable films : Let The Right One In, Four Shades of Brown

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gilliam, Del Toro, Brooks ... what have I done ?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guillermo Del Toro!!! even though bears love Monty Python - it's a collective effort anyway.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Had to go with Terry Gilliam. He's a much under-rated visionary.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, for me it's between Gilliam and my compatriota Del Toro. Both are well represented in my top movies list, but it's so difficult to choose ...

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Gilliam
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Del Toro. But then I'm probably one of the few people in Britain who's not a big fan of Python, so I didn't vote for Gilliam, although Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was a brilliant, wonderfully English film. But, it was up against the director of Pan's Labyrinth, so Del Toro got my vote!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is no contest whatsoever. It's Gilliam. He's a Genius and a God.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, not a lot of love for a man who has done one of hardest things to do - make another person laugh. Not to mention he's done it for over 40 years.

Mel Brooks deserves more votes. I think Del Toro is a great director, but I think his best days are still ahead. When Feev has to put Blade 2 just to round out Del Toro's films to five, you know there's a problem.

Pans Labyrinth is a masterpiece, and the Hellboy series is good, but I tend to think Del Toro is a tad overrated at this point.

If you're unsure about who you should vote for, watch Young Frankenstein and come back here to do the right thing.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Had to go with Del Toro.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tough choice... Mel Brooks or Del Toro.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

del Toro!

sk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Decided to go with Brooks. Mostly because of Spaceballs and Young Frankenstein, but also because this thing should have a comedic director.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Gilliam, Del Toro, Brooks ... what have I done ?
    Terry Gilliam against Del Toro? This is not fair.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Precisely.

Yeah, at last I voted for Del Toro.

Country
    Country Flag

You did the right thing, sweetheart. The right thing.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

This was extremely tough. I voted for Mel though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ...even though bears love Monty Python - it's a collective effort anyway.
    I totally agree... but surely you're not trying to say that that was Gilliam's peak?!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ...even though bears love Monty Python - it's a collective effort anyway.
    I totally agree... but surely you're not trying to say that that was Gilliam's peak?!
    a good point... well, for bears it's del Toro anyway (El Espinazo del Diablo being one of my very very favorite films)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

This poll is closing today ! Let's get those votes in !

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Del Toro and Gilliam advance !

+ Reply to Thread