Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Ford

2 10.00%
  • Sydney Pollack

3 15.00%
  • John Huston

5 25.00%
  • Akira Kurosawa

10 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TDGT - Round 1, Group E

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TDGT - Round 1, Group E

John Ford's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Searchers, Stagecoach, The Man Who Shot Liverty Valance, My Darling Clementine, Rio Grande

Sydney Pollack's IMDB Page

Notable films : They Shoot Horses Don't They ? , Tootsie, Out of Africa, Three Days of the Condor

John Huston's IMDB Page

Notable films : Under the Volcano, The Maltese Falcon, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, Wise Blood

Akira Kurosawa's IMDB Page

Notable films : Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, The Hidden Fortress, Throne of Blood, Ran, Rashomon, Shadow Warrior

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm expecting Kurosawa to sweep this, so I'll vote instead for the director that gave us the superbly crafted films The Maltese Faction and The Treasure of Sierra Madre.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kurosawa!!!!!!!!!

feverish, please, please, can you add Rashomon and Shadow Warrior to his notable films? Could be at the expense of The Hidden Fortress and Throne of Blood... though those ones are not bad either, of course...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem Jean

I generally don't like to put more than 5 films in each director's slot, but I think for Kurosawa we can make an exception.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you feve!!! Kurosawa is one of my three favorite directors ever!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh you have got to be kidding me!!!!

How can I possibly choose!!!

Shoot me now!

Holy crap!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well i mean john wayne is a god...sooooooo

john ford ...and she wore a yellow ribbon, and the grapes of wrath are great movies, come on feev! haha

i mean the guy did win best director at the academy awards and unprecedented 4 times.....
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Gay

I might have to hold my vote until the end, just in case I need to push one of my favorites over!

This is soooo tough !!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

the quiet man, how the west was won, they were expendable, how green was my valley....oh the list goes on
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And yet they all must bow to the greatness that IS Akira Kurosawa. No film in existence today can out perform Ran and Seven Samurai. That's no only my opinion, it's also a fact.

Btw, Shadow Warrior is also known in the US by its original title Kagemusha. No need to change the heading under his name, I'm just informing in case someone may be wondering if they missed a Kurosawa film somewhere.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    And yet they all must bow to the greatness that IS Akira Kurosawa. No film in existence today can out perform Ran and Seven Samurai. That's no only my opinion, it's also a fact.
    Bears don't know what a fact is, but they sure share the feeling!

My Mood
    Gay

I can't believe Pollack has no votes!!

Tootsie? Out of Africa? Absence of Malice? The Firm? Jeremiah Johnson ....

He's the most contemporary of these directors ... I thought for sure he'd be in the running!

This poll is going to kill me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My vote goes to some dead Japanese guy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    My vote goes to some dead Japanese guy.

Gee, I'll spend the morning trying to break your code.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know you can if you really try.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Loved The Way We Were....

sk

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Loved The Way We Were....

sk
    This!!

Thank you!

Country
    Country Flag

come on ford!! :/
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on , no more votes for Huston ?!?! The Treasure of Sierra Madre !?

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Voted for John Huston. It was a hard choice while Kurosawa was another option.

My Mood
    Gay

Come on Pollack !!

I figure this ... could any one of these people have directed Tootsie?!?

Um, no.

Country
    Country Flag

fuck.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam - you'll be glad to know I have added Tootsie to my netflix queue

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Pam - you'll be glad to know I have added Tootsie to my netflix queue
    I can find a quote from it for every situation!!

"It's for my dog, he likes fruit!"

Sincerely, though, I love it. It never ceases to make me laugh out loud, truly, and it's just very good all around. Acting, directing, script, etc.

Bill Murray is especially irreverent here and just priceless. A small role, but perfect for him.

To me, Tootsie is right up there with the best comedies, ever.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast