Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: herbertwest

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recently my bookshelves are being turned into a mess as i dont have any space for adding books...

But over the last 8 months or so, i added 3 items that i was looking for !

- the first ever french appearance of Stephen King (an abridged version of CARRIE)
    I only know of 2 others copies : 1 at the French National Library, 1 owned by a swiss collector.

- french BAG OF BONES proof.. with a letter from Stephen King (and his picture) on the cover.
    I only know of 2 others copies : owned by 2 different french collectors.

- FRANKENSTEIN, illustrated by Berni Wrightson, limited edition.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My problem now, is that, because of the lack of space, i tend to do not expand my collection. I would LOVE to hunt for every single 1st french edition, but i need new bookshelves & space...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY VERY NICE !!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Run out of space!? Build bookshelves on the ceiling!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Country
    Country Flag

I quote, from the New Pride & Joy thread:

JOYLAND gets published on the 2nd of May in France (so in about 1 week).
    I've just recieved a copy of the book, as well as the french proof

Here is a picture of the french proof for JOYLAND. I dont know how many proofs are made by the french publisher but i think that it's a really low number as i've never seen any proofs for sale.

Actually, I know of 3 copies of the french BAG OF BONES (including mine, that I bought on ebay a couple of years ago), which is quite cool, because it is not a normal plain proof. There is a text starting by "Dear friend bookseller"
    Here is a picture :

There is also the french DOCTEUR SLEEP which isnt a plain proof but is quite similar to the final book.
    The proof is on the left in those 2 pictures.

Except those 2 other french proofs of BAG OF BONES, I dont know of any other proofs out there that are NOT in my collection.
    I have ALL of the recent books in proof since BLAZE. The only one that I dont have is TWTTKH, as it was released by another published who apparently didnt do any proofs for this title.
    Here is a picture of a part of my shelf, on which I put the proofs next to the final books. UNDER THE DOME was plit in 2 books, hence the 2 proofs next to each other. As I dont have much space and am now really running out of space to follow my organisation, it starts to be piling on top of each other between shelves....

Country
    Country Flag

A list of my french proofs :
    - Bag of bones (i know of 3 copies)
    - Blaze
    - Duma Key
    - Just after sunset
    - Under the dome (split in 2 books)
    - FD,NS
    - 11/22/63
    - Doctor Sleep
    - Joyland

In my collection, I also collect another author. The french Bernard Werber, who writes what he calls "philosophical-fiction". Being published by the same publisher, I have proofs for 7 of his books and that includes 2 duplicate proofs.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jeremy !!!

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Nice proof collection!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the proofs!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

New pride and joy : an officially printed version of the french version of BAD LITTLE KID.

There were 30 copies given away during a contest organised by the french publisher. In this contest, 30 copies of the books were available, and if the winner was saying that they didnt have the material to read an ebook, a printed version would be sent to them.
    I was told that I would be getting one, and then, that they had just enough copies for the winners so that I wouldnt be getting one.

Imagine my surprise when, 1-2 months later I recieve one from the publisher, totally unexpected

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent! A rare one then, Jeremy? Congratulations!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats for the printed Bad little Kid.
    What a surprise, we in Germany have NOT a contast to win a printed German Böser kleiner Junge.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice !

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, indeed!
    WANTED:

Country
    Country Flag

Whats better than a proof of an author that we love?
    A personnalised-doodled-one !

Signed : "For Jeremy, Friendly, Bernard". The doodle represents GAIA, which is a main character of this book titled "The voice of Earth", by Bernard Werber.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    New pride and joy : an officially printed version of the french version of BAD LITTLE KID.

There were 30 copies given away during a contest organised by the french publisher. In this contest, 30 copies of the books were available, and if the winner was saying that they didnt have the material to read an ebook, a printed version would be sent to them.
    I was told that I would be getting one, and then, that they had just enough copies for the winners so that I wouldnt be getting one.

Imagine my surprise when, 1-2 months later I recieve one from the publisher, totally unexpected

super cool, congrats
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday I attended to a french signing by Neil Gaiman.
    There was about 300 people I guess, and the signing last about three hours and half.

It was a nice opportunity to meet him, speak to him a bit, and getting 3 books signed. He is nice enough to sign pretty much anything you put on front of him (one of the bookshop staff said that he would only sign 1 book + as many copies of OCEAN which is his latest book here).

So I got him to sign a copy of AMERICAN GODS, a copy of OCEAN as well as an ARC copy of SHADOW SHOW (dedicated to Ray Bradbury). When I asked him if he remembered it, he said he did and he looked at a copy (being surprised to see a prepublication copy), talked a bit about Ray Bradbury...

Two things stroke me the most :
    1) I knew it, but he has such a nice / peculiar voice. It is so easily recognisable. I really love his voice. If you never heard him, I SO encourage you to listen his inspirational speech "Make good art" which he did at a university of arts a few years back. It's really a nice speech. Really moving and touching
    >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAb-NYkseI
    2) Somehow, I thought that he was writing and signing quite elegantly. I know it sounds weird, but the way that someone holds a pen make it sliding on a page can be... rough or, contrarily, sort of elegant. He was the latter, taking his time to write and speak with everyone. Obviously the fact that I got him to sign 3 books also makes him spending more time, so it's better to chat a bit

I'll meet him again on monday for a press conference

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice indeed, Jeremy! Sounds like a fun event.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great new editions - glad you were able to make it to the signing - hopefully Monday shall be fun as well

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jeremy, very very nice !!!

Country
    Country Flag

So I FINALLY have finished my article about the press conference with Neil Gaiman.
    Among the several things he mentionned, he said that his next book will very likely be an AMERICAN GOD novel !

Here is a link to my article..
    >>> http://club-stephenking.fr/4308-actualite

Since most of y'all, dont read french, i think that you can go directly to the audio recording ! Unfortunately there is about 15 minutes missing, but it's still quite interesting !
    >>>> http://club-stephenking.fr/4308-actu...strement-audio

In the meantime, here is a selection of the signed books I got !

Anansi Boys : I didnt pay attention, but the dedication of the book says that as always the reader take the book, seek for the dedication and of course is not dedicated to us. Neil underlined the part where it says that this time, the book is dedicated to YOU (the reader). Which is a nice dedication !

Country
    Country Flag

Sort of not King related, but last night, a french author (who was on stage with King in Paris last year), was asked to present a movie in theater. So his choice was THE SHINING, and the evening first had a book signing.
    So, I had the opportunity to discuss a bit more with him, get books signed, and watch THE SHINING in theater again

He signed an anthology to which he contributed : "For Jeremy, because you know the importance of short stories... friendly."

====

"For Jeremy, the Gaia theory, to get scared with our "evolution".

===
    "For Jeremy, some 'Curses' with real spiders inside! See you soon."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast