Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: herbertwest

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: herbertwest

(coming soon)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hope you'll show us some nice French hardcovers...

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As much as i can.

Some explainations about my collection.
    The following pictures are PART of my collections. Those books (and therefore those pictures) were taken at my parents, where most of my collection currently is.
    I however have another big part in my flat next to Paris... and i dont have any pictures of it just now. I'll may take some later on.

The focus of my collection is french items. I started about 4 years ago, and at the time i didnt have much money.
    Therefore i decided to collect french books because it was cheaper, "easier", there are less items (lazy bum )... but also i've been looking all around the place and have found LOTS of stuff that were unknown for most of the collectors. That includes magazines, and other writings misc published in France.

I am part of the french king community since about 8 years (i think). Since the beginning i was managing a forum, then over the years, a webmaster gave me his website because he didnt have enough time anymore.
    Thanks to it, i have been on touch with a lot of french publishers, recieved freebies, got on touch with quite a few collectors, and people related to King in France.

Because i am still student (final year : gonne get a Master's Degree in Marketing), i traveled a lot over the last few years... and didnt have much space in my different flats.
    That's why my collection stayed at my parents, but therefore, the lack of money, the lack of place, made that i didnt really buy everything i wanted.
    At first, when i was quite younger, and didnt have any money AT ALL, my aim was to have all the books in mass paperback editions. I have quite a lot now... but i am also upgrading them to 1st eds (and keeping the paperback for reading)

I didnt look for all the 1st eds so far (will do!), but i managed to grab the earliest 1st eds, and the "rarest". I still have a lack of place where i currently live, but i am gonne bring my collection back with me..

Now that it's explained, i will put the pictures online (tonite i think)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, cool, J - looking forward to your posts!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Plse to shw picturs ASAP.

Country
    Country Flag

THE DARK TOWER. The 7 books (+ bonus) in 2 giant books. Size of dictionnaries.
    Bonus is a french bibliography made by a friend of mine, which asked my help about it :-)

The Dark Tower serie. Revised editions for the first books, + latest books.

Country
    Country Flag

1st eds of the Bachman books

1st eds of Firestarter, Dead Zone (later reprinted under the Dead Zone name), Cujo

Country
    Country Flag

1st eds of : Carrie, Salem's Lot, Shining (1st ed, then BOMC published the same month as the 1st ed.. even scarcer!, later reprint in white), Nightshift Collection

Video Games :

Some DVDs:

The only FRENCH LIMITED EDITION.
    THE GREEN MILE #1. THe french one was published a few days before the #1 in the other countries : it is the TRUE FIRST WORLDWIDE EDITION.
    This is a hardcover edition, with a facsimile signature of King.
    I have 2 copies : one is numbered, the other isnt.
    300 copies were given away as the result of a contest by the publisher. The one i got with the letter isnt numbered though. The numbered one, comes from a guy working in a bookstore.
    Those are pretty scarce! I reckon that Bob have one though.

Country
    Country Flag

MASS PAPERBACK SETS, of :

IT

THE TOMMYKNOCKERS

THE STAND (the covers are SO BEAUTIFUL!)

1st eds of The Green Mile, 6 volumes.

The Dark Tower, mass paperback. I am missing #4 though.. apparently. must have borrowed it to a friend

Country
    Country Flag

COLORADO KID, 1st ed
    RIDING THE BULLET, 1st ed. I also have a gift edition that was available with a magazine, a week before the official book release. The only difference is a sentence on the back

BAG OF BONES, mass paperback. Including the frontispiece by Mark Geyer, that isnt in the english language editions.

Mass paperback books. Some books are at a friend's place.

Collections that have King stories, magazines, some books about Steve...

Mags with King stories.

First prints of the Gunslinger, in the french version of "the magazine of science fiction"

Country
    Country Flag

NIGHT OF THE TYGER, in the magazine of science fiction.
    HERE THERE BE TYGERS, and another story (Popsy? I forgot), in some collections.

SHINING, graphic adaptation (about 10 pages only). It havent been completed. This is the only parts that exists.
    In a wee magazine for kids (that have a graphic adaptation in each issue. I have seen some lovecraft, poe and others...)

DOLAN'S CADILLAC.
    An edition for studying it at school (primary school), with notes about the text.

COPY ( :-( ) of the very first french publication of a King story. It's an abridged version of CARRIE. Published couple of months prior the actual publication of the book in september 1976.
    Or an excerpt, not sure, i forgot. I am still looking for the magazine itself :-(
    I am still happy that i managed to secure copies of it (from the National Library)

Misc MAGS with misc writings by King.

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Very nice!
    The big Dark Towers looks great! Are they somewhere to get?
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Country
    Country Flag

Some more misc MAGS. On the right is an issue from a magazine about horror/ fantastic cinema. Issue special Stephen King. I always loved that cover.

Misc NEWSPAPER with writings by KING.
    On the right, the leaflet that is going with the limited edition of THE BOOK OF THE BOOKS OF STEPHEN KING.
    Signature sheet, reproduction of illustrations by Glenn Chadbourne.
    The book itself, have contributions by Bev Vincent, Jack Ketchum and other famous writers, essay writers, and King related people.

Misc : bookmarks, invitations for the london event (that i won, but couldnt go, as i was starting a job, and therefore couldnt ask a few days off... I wish i would have asked though... just in case)
    Wee poster from the theatre adaptation of DOLORES CLAIBORNE (France, a few years back). Letter from King's office, about well, you know. "i cannot write to you back bla bla bla"

POSTERS : THE DARK TOWER, CHILDREN OF THE CORN

Country
    Country Flag

THE DARK TOWER
    Other poster (UK), and french promotional material.

POSTER : DOLORES CLAIBORNE (theatre, France)

Misc english writings, printed and sorted in folders...

Well.. NIGHTMARES IN THE SKY, Popup ed of TGTLTG. (both english language)

MAG that includes the only publication of a writing about what he did one day, with the Rock Bottoms Remainders.
    It was a special issue (from 1992) of this magazine, and their project was to include texts from 240 writers from all over the world, about what they did 1 day of the 1992 year.
    Published in french.

INTRODUCTIONS by King.

Country
    Country Flag

NOT KING : signed copies of HEART SHAPED BOX & LOCKE AND KEY.
    Personnalised, doodled.
    Thanks again Karen, for getting them signed for me

CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF.

THE GREEN MILE (later reprint), THE GREEN MILE SCREENPLAY (intro by King), LISEY's STORY, BLAZE (both 1st eds with publisher's letters)

left : EYES OF THE DRAGON (sorry apparently i didnt take pix of the cover).
    It have exclusive illustrations. Some of them are reproduced in "KNOWING DARKNESS", published by Centipede Press.
    right : desperation/ regulators

DIFFERENT SEASONS/ omnibus : SHINING/SALEM's LOT/ NIGHTSHIFT COLLECTION
    THE STAND (1st and only edition) / THE STAND (revised, 1st. includes Berni Wrightson's illustrations) / EYES OF THE DRAGON (with illustrations)

SET of FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT. Pretty rare!
    (in french, the books are called :" Minuit 2" & "Minuit 4", and are two books).
    The set is called "After Midnight"

Country
    Country Flag

Set of 1st eds of IT (2 books). Pretty scarce too!

CREEPSHOW. Hardcover, 1st & 2nd print : 1983 & 1985.

SECRETARY OF THE DREAMS
    Set of the first 3 books of the DARK TOWER graphic novel. + 2 without a slipcase.

Ditto. the slipcase is on top of SOD1.

the slipcase is on top of SOD1.

DUMA KEY 1st ed & proof.

Country
    Country Flag

Comics adaptations, comics spoofs...

French movie press release. This is about half of what i own, but those are the earliest. I am missing "salem's lot" though..

CREEPSHOW movie press release

THIS IS MOST, but not ALL my KING collection. This is all that is (was) at my parents, but i have plenty more here... I cant wait august to put them in bookshelves.

================================================== =========

Country
    Country Flag

I collect another author : Bernard Werber.
    A french author that is very popular in France. But also in Russia, Korea, where he is considered as a superstar.

I have met him quite a few times, i have plenty of scarces items (and i got some signed), and i am working on a project related to him.
    So you'll only see a few items, as i keep some of them "secret" so far, as some items will be "revealed" in my project, if nobody does it before :-)

A FEW signed books.

A FEW signed PROOFS.

I managed to find this one that was interesting : the graphic novel of EMPIRE OF THE ANTS, was remarqued by the artist! It looks really like if it was actually part of the book
    However, BW changed the name that the artist did write :s

Country
    Country Flag

Enough pictures now. :-)

@Resident Chris : this is a limited and numbered edition.
    were sold 50€ each if i remember well. and i saw a set available on ebay not long ago.

edit, there are a few on ebay : set of the 2 books, for 40€+ shipping
    each volumes available, but for 80€ each! #2

Those are goddamm heavy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!! Very, very nice! Congratulations.

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow... John said it first, but I second it ... just WOW !!!

So impressive !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sacre bleu!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jèremy, this is one greatcollection! I especially love thos paperbacks (It, The Stand, Tommyknockers). Those covers are awesome.
    Now if these would only be available in HC....

Can't wait to see the rest of your collection!

sk

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see your collection at last J. Very impressive.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Jèremy, this is one greatcollection! I especially love thos paperbacks (It, The Stand, Tommyknockers). Those covers are awesome.
    Now if these would only be available in HC....

Can't wait to see the rest of your collection!

sk
    Thanks everyone
    Lol at sacrebleu... Foreigners are problably the only ones to use this saying lol
    Quite a few people in the UK have learned it at school

@frik : unfortunately those covers are only available in paperbacks. However i did gather the STAND ones in a single file (printed it, n put it with my copy of KNOWING DARKNESS)
    Its so nice

Btw, about the way books are called in english.
    - paperbacks are books of a normal
    Size, which covers are in paper
    It also means the smaller book right?
    Dont u have another word for the smaller books? (mass paperback?)
    I am always a wee bit confused when i want to talk about a "smaller"
    Book

In french we call the smaller bookd "livre de poche" (pocket books), whixh is also the name of the major publisher for "pocket books"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast