Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Cronenberg

14 56.00%
  • David Fincher

11 44.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TDGT - Round 1, Group B *TIEBREAKER*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TDGT - Round 1, Group B *TIEBREAKER*

David Cronenberg's IMDB page

Notable films: Eastern Promises, A History of Violence, The Fly, Scanners , Videodrome

David Fincher's IMDB page

Notable Films: Fight Club, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Se7en , The Game

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cronenberg

NOTE - Should this poll result in a tie as well, I will take the posts below as the final tie breaker.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cronenberg

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a wise choice, bear. Wise choice.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Long live the new flesh!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fincher.

And I think if there is a tie in this poll as well, Cronenberg and Fincher team up and kick George Lucas's sorry ass out of the competition he had no business being in to begin with.
    Heng Dai

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wurd, Aaron!

Voting Fincher myself, although both are my fave guys. But Seven, The Game, Panic Room, Fight Club, Button. Just astonishing film-making. Cronenberg is a classic, though with more tenure there have been a few misses. Apart from Alien 3, which actually rocked, I can't find any real faults with Fincher.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Cronenberg.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fincher's great, but certainly not faultless, and Cronenberg's work's so deep. Sorry, pablo.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn it. Fincher should win because of Se7en alone. With Fight Club it should have been a lock. Oh well.

Along the Path of the Beam towerfan is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for cronenberg! hey what can i say the man is bloody brilliant!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

feve... when do we close the poll?

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Cronenberg all the way.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Damn it. Fincher should win because of Se7en alone. With Fight Club it should have been a lock. Oh well.
    One could assume that since Fincher and Cronenberg tied originally, any extra votes above the other in this round were most likely cast by the people who voted for Lucas in the previous poll. Since those people have poor taste in directors, it doesn't surprise me at all that they are voting for anyone but Fincher.
    Heng Dai

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't believe Alien 3 and Zodiac were left of his notable films. Both better than The Game

I haven't seen much earlier Cronenberg but his new stuff is great. Gotta give it to Fincher. The best alien movie despite all the problems he had with fox and it being his first movie, Seven, Zodiac, Fight Club...all great films. Even Panic room was good.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Um, some of us thought that Alien3 sucked buckets. Just sayin.

And ... Panic Room was good? I'm a Jodie Foster fan and thought it stunk.

Oh well, to each his own ... and all that.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I liked the dog/alien hybrid in Alien3, but that theme wasn't explored as I had hoped.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Wurd, Aaron!

Voting Fincher myself, although both are my fave guys. But Seven, The Game, Panic Room, Fight Club, Button. Just astonishing film-making. Cronenberg is a classic, though with more tenure there have been a few misses. Apart from Alien 3, which actually rocked, I can't find any real faults with Fincher.
    everything you said (apart from the A3 part)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Um, some of us thought that Alien3 sucked buckets. Just sayin.

And ... Panic Room was good? I'm a Jodie Foster fan and thought it stunk.

Oh well, to each his own ... and all that.
    If you haven't seen the Director's Cut of Alien 3 it's amazing how much more complete the story is. The literally took out whole plotlines, like actually capturing the aliens and one of the inmates going crazy and letting it out. Panic Room was an entertaining movie and can't normally stand Jodie Foster. Now Flightplan, that was a terrible movie.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Can't believe Alien 3 and Zodiac were left of his notable films. Both better than The Game
    And that's why we're including a link to their IMDB page as well. I hope everyone's been clicking on them to see what other films the nominees have made. Some have made so many films that it'd be too much to list them all.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

easiest vote of the day, imo.

Fincher is brilliance!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

David Cronenberg advances !

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, as I said before on multiple occasions, there is God. The proof is, he has just advanced Cronenberg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast