Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DT Inspired Game Character

Traveler Dryn is on a distinguished road

Default DT Inspired Game Character

hi there! some of you might remember me making a thread about this months back

well I finally finished, and although it's not exactly what I had set out to make, and not something that I would call roland, I dont think I could ever make how I imagine him in the books.. it's too ethereal and complex haha.. but I think it has a bit of him in there

my biggest regret was not coming up with a design that was more rugged and worn... ill definitely revisit the dark tower universe later on in life

... you live and you learn

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING......

But, too many fingers i see

(a little more Eastwood and is perfect, but yeah, it has some of him in it!)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's awesome! I can't even think up the word I want to say how awesome it is!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

acdckingfan

awsome job! i like!

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is wonderfully amazing. It's so... beautiful. Perhaps that's a stupid word, but that's what came to mind.

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

that is the coolest thing EVER!!

i think it looks Roland - ish. its kinda what i picture roland to look like...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. It's VERY close.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

That's super cool.

I particularly love the holster and belt. Very nice detail there. And the folds and texture on the dungarees ( jeans ) ... dead on cool.

Well done.

And for sure, very close to Roland, at least what I see him look like. I picture Roland more... I don't know, craggley, I guess. You know - more lines on his face and wear from the sun, etc. Oh, and more of a self-rolled cigarette rather than a small cigar.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This is simply amazing! I think this is the closest I've seen to my version of Roland - really, almost dead on! I actually gasped when I scrolled down into the pics. Roland just jumped out of my head on to the screen
    My only comment it towards the guns, actually, which I imagine as with bigger handles, but you nailed the character himself! Amazing work

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That is amazing ! Great job man !

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh, it's really hard to find words. I love it that he looks kinda old but still full of life. Tough. Someone who ha seen and lived much.

Roland would have understood.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Wow. That's just awesome work, Dryn. Very, very close to how I imagined Roland, too.

Bloody hell. It would just be the coolest thing ever playing a Wild West game with a model like that! Goes double for the guns!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

These are killer man.

Love the detail in the Colt revolvers. I look those up all the time when I'm lookin for reference for 'Roland' guns.

Gunslinger Apprentice Delacroix is on a distinguished road Delacroix's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesomest thing ever...

Do you plan to make the other characters?
    -What do we usually do about bad things that aren't of our concern?
    -Well...we laught about it.
    -Then, my friend, once you're in the grave death might be a lot more fun than what we expect.

Traveler Karpou is on a distinguished road Karpou's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great work!!!

Traveler RolandDeschain is on a distinguished road

Nice work, looks very good. The colts look a little too ordinary in my opinion, other than that, very good job, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread