Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: INCEPTION *Spoilers!*

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I KNOW!

I will admit I did not see all of Brokeback Mountain, basically because I saw 30 minutes and nearly cried at how terrible the dialogue was (Also, could not understand Heath Ledger's fucked up accent. I love Heath, but come on.). I felt physical pain. Also, I read the book, and I do not know what the big deal was. The book sucks! I think it's one of those books you're supposed to like because it's so edgy or revolutionary or whatever.

:cough: Anyway, sorry for hijacking.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Inception again tonight and it was possibly even more amazing the second time. You're right by the way, FP, Cobb's childrens' clothes are a little bit different at the end (I actually almost missed the difference, it was so subtle). What an unbelievable film. I can't wait til it's out on DVD so I can watch it whenever.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

DVD is nice, but I can't wait for the Blu-Ray. This is one of those films that's perfect for blu-ray.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm drooling at the thought of Inception on blu-ray

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I really, really liked it ... but I also thought it was terribly depressing. But really good. But really depressing. Thumbs up to Nolan for making such a good movie and also making me want to punch him for making me sad.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Finally seen it. Fucking hell! That was pretty bloody amazing! Probably one of the smartest american films I've seen over the past few years.

And why did no one warn me that this film had Joseph Gordon-Levitt in it?!? Everyone knows he only stars in fucking great films, look at Brick! (Well, with the exception of G.I. Joe, but even he's admitted that's just the one exception!) I would've seen this much sooner if I knew he was in this!

Can't imagine any film in the next five years being half as clever as this, really. Well...maybe Tintin, but only the first film, and only half as clever, since Moffat didn't do the whole script. But I must say, Inception certainly impressed me.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    At first I thought he was still dreaming at the end, because of the top, but then the more I thought about it I realized what 'nando said: You can't see the kids' faces in the dreams. I think the fact that they actually showed them was a confirmation. Also, Beautiful Mind spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    The kids got older. In A Beautiful Mind he figures out the girl is a hallucination because she never ages. I guess he could have imagined them older, but like he said about Mal, they wouldn't have all the complexities needed. He sees Mal as the same age she was when she died.

Anyway, a couple times I thought the dialogue and plot were slightly tiresome (I hate long shootout scenes and something in Leo seems to lose focus halfway through his lines) but the visuals were absolutely flawless. I love that they minimized the CGI because I personally hate how it looks compared to :gasp: actual work. This is why Star Wars visuals often look better than Harry Potter visuals despite the 30 year gap.

Regarding the Oscar... I have very little faith in awards shows, they don't really seem to vote for quality all of the time (Brokeback Mountain got 3 Oscars for having gay cowboys despite being a terrible film) so if he won one it would be nice, but I don't really think it would mean much, at least to me.
    I am shocked that you think Brokeback was a terrible film! I thought that it would have been JUST as powerful with a man and a woman but it's the emotions behind it that mattered.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Check this out guys, I found this floating around on the internet, thought you guys might appreciate it

Okay, so I haven't read what everyone else has said, and I'm no master theorist, but we never see Saito and Cobb shoot themselves. We don't even see them ride all the kicks back up. So maybe it was all Cobb's dream? I mean, after he meets Yusuf and tries his stuff, he doesn't see his totem finish its spin. And like Feev said, Saito touched Cobb's totem.

From the very beginning of the movie, I already knew that Cobb had performed inception on Mal and that it had somehow caused her to commit suicide. I didn't think it was a malicious act, but I thought perhaps the whole movie would turn out to be Cobb's dream and that the finality of it was to find out the truth about Mal's mysterious death. Like an investigation.

I was way off the mark there, but maybe it's still a possibility.

I, too, heard a couple of people get annoyed at the lack of resolution at the end, but I absolutely loved it! Whether he was still dreaming or finally awake and freed of his charges, Cobb found peace. And I think that's what's most important.

Country
    Country Flag

Also, many of the things that other characters said were repeats of what Mal or Cobb had said previously. Like when Saito asks Cobb to take a leap of faith; Mal had already asked him the same thing when she jumped. This leads me to think that it was one of Cobb's projections speaking instead of the real Saito.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Finally seen it. Fucking hell! That was pretty bloody amazing! Probably one of the smartest american films I've seen over the past few years.

And why did no one warn me that this film had Joseph Gordon-Levitt in it?!? Everyone knows he only stars in fucking great films, look at Brick! (Well, with the exception of G.I. Joe, but even he's admitted that's just the one exception!) I would've seen this much sooner if I knew he was in this!

Can't imagine any film in the next five years being half as clever as this, really. Well...maybe Tintin, but only the first film, and only half as clever, since Moffat didn't do the whole script. But I must say, Inception certainly impressed me.
    Meh. I love JGL, but I'm not a huge fan of Brick.
    He might be playing The Riddler in the next Batman film, though! That's pretty exciting.

My Mind:
    You read it.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm, JGL as the Riddler? I'd hoped for David Tennant, myself. I'm still hoping, actually!

But man, those multiple levels sure are confusing. Can see why it took 9 years for Nolan to write the script! Would love to see him tackle a time travel movie next!

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I left the theater with the :scard: face. Movie was mind blowing,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post

My Mind:
    You read it.
    Are you Puerto Rican?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post

My Mind:
    You read it.
    Are you Puerto Rican?

Lol. Sí.
    And half Cuban.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Hmm, JGL as the Riddler? I'd hoped for David Tennant, myself. I'm still hoping, actually!

But man, those multiple levels sure are confusing. Can see why it took 9 years for Nolan to write the script! Would love to see him tackle a time travel movie next!
    That would be awesome! My bf and I discussed that, actually.
    And one of my friends said that they should have made Inception in 3-D. But I think that really would have made my brain explode.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Only a time travel movie where the travel itself doesn't change anything, but leads an effect leading to a cause which leads back to the effect: paradox, in other words. Actually, that would be a fucking awesome title!

Paradox
    Director: Christopher Nolan
    Screenplay: Christopher Nolan (with Steven Moffat as consultant)

Actually, if Nolan and Moffat did team up, then that would probably lead to the most awesome movie ever. I can't even begin to comprehend the awesomeness of the two brilliant styles merged into one another!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh my gosh, could you imagine!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, I kinda already can: look at Forest of the Dead! Not only was that an awesome new take on dreams and virtual reality, it also never made me look at subtle edits in tv again!

Dr Moon: Shall we go down to the river?

Skip to -

Donna: You said "river", and suddenly we're feeding ducks!
    Let's be honest, with Moffat, we've already got the big, boggling ideas and we've also got the best quotable dialogue to boot! The only two things we need? The budget to justify the big ideas, and the perfect director! That's all you'd need for the perfect movie!

- Melike

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by disel24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    At first I thought he was still dreaming at the end, because of the top, but then the more I thought about it I realized what 'nando said: You can't see the kids' faces in the dreams. I think the fact that they actually showed them was a confirmation. Also, Beautiful Mind spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    The kids got older. In A Beautiful Mind he figures out the girl is a hallucination because she never ages. I guess he could have imagined them older, but like he said about Mal, they wouldn't have all the complexities needed. He sees Mal as the same age she was when she died.

Anyway, a couple times I thought the dialogue and plot were slightly tiresome (I hate long shootout scenes and something in Leo seems to lose focus halfway through his lines) but the visuals were absolutely flawless. I love that they minimized the CGI because I personally hate how it looks compared to :gasp: actual work. This is why Star Wars visuals often look better than Harry Potter visuals despite the 30 year gap.

Regarding the Oscar... I have very little faith in awards shows, they don't really seem to vote for quality all of the time (Brokeback Mountain got 3 Oscars for having gay cowboys despite being a terrible film) so if he won one it would be nice, but I don't really think it would mean much, at least to me.
    I am shocked that you think Brokeback was a terrible film! I thought that it would have been JUST as powerful with a man and a woman but it's the emotions behind it that mattered.
    I didn't see emotions, I saw angst and bitching and "I'm going to mumble through a jutting jaw to approximate some sort of accent no one understands." Then again, I'm a cold-hearted bitch.

I would love to see JGL as the Riddler, for some reason I think physically his body would fit the role (this being from someone who has seen maybe three Batman movies, so not an expert) but I see him kind of being Heath Jr., the pretty boy who totally reinvents the role into something incredible. Hopefully without the untimely death.

Paula, you are totally killing my resolution of the film! I think Nolan is just fucking with all of us, leaving enough clues to let us believe either way, and he probably has no intention of telling us what's true. Bastard. I'm uncomfortable with lack of resolution.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mind:
    You read it.
    Sorry to disappoint you guys, but it's being released exclusively on reel to reel.

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post

My Mind:
    You read it.
    Are you Puerto Rican?

No, she is not.

Spoiler:
    She is part Puerto Rican, part Cuban, and all gorgeous.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what brices say inside the spoiler box has all the overtones of ultimate Truth

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, man. I forgot how nice you guys all are.
    for Brice and Jean.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stop that
    Spoiler:
    no...don't, please
    or I'll come kidnap you from having to deal with such dilemmas.

Off topic: We are long overdue for new Paula pics.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Hahaha. That IS very off topic.
    But I'm going to cut my hair in like an hour, so I'll take new ones soon.
    Oh! But I have some I didn't put on FB that I could put here.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

One of the most amazing things about Inception is how much of what you see on the screen is NOT CGI. The article in the current Entertainment Weekly is fascinating. They built rotating stages to do the hotel scene in zero gravity. Even the cafe scene in Paris is mostly live action with a little CGI enhancement.

Country
    Country Flag

The hotel scenes were the best, imo.
    I thought they were beautifully made and shot.
    Can you share a link to that article, if you have it?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoilered to mask the off topicness:

Spoiler:
    Hahaha. That IS very off topic.
    But I'm going to cut my hair in like an hour, so I'll take new ones soon.
    Oh! But I have some I didn't put on FB that I could put here.
    Can I be greedy and have both the ones you didn't put on facebook and the haircut ones.

If you rescue me

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast