Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Two will advance to the next phase !

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Cronenberg

9 28.13%
  • Oliver Stone

4 12.50%
  • George Lucas

10 31.25%
  • David Fincher

9 28.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 1, Group B

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Voted Lucas

Because of THX1138

not starwars
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually surprised Lucas is winning considering how many Star Wars Fanboys and Fangirls hate him so much.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm actually surprised Lucas is winning considering how many Star Wars Fanboys and Fangirls hate him so much.
    Never a truer word spoken, SS. I used to be a fan of the Star Wars franchise, especially the Expanded Universe such as the comics and the New Jedi Order novels, but now Lucas has dragged it out and squeezed out so much money out of it that i'm just incredibly disillusioned by it all now. I can't even be bothered to check out a single ep of The Clone Wars computer animated series, and I loved the mini 2d eps they did a few years ago!

(Seriously, it was worth it just to see Mace Windu kick droid arse both with and without a lightsaber in 6 minutes! Best 6 minutes in the history of anything Star Wars ever!)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So all this surprise that Lucas is leading, but is anyone else surprised that Oliver Stone only has 2 votes! I thought for sure he'd have more than that by now.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So all this surprise that Lucas is leading, but is anyone else surprised that Oliver Stone only has 2 votes! I thought for sure he'd have more than that by now.
    Absolutely, because one of those two votes is mine. Arguably one of the best American directors of the last twenty five years or so.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oliver Stone is very hit and miss for me, although Platoon is probably my most favorite war movie ever.

Lucas is leading the poll, but with the exception of flagg's post, I haven't seen any of the other voters post on here ! Where you at, Lucas aficionados ??

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I watched Stone's Natural Born Killers for the first time as a teenager, that's when I knew what separated films from movies. I was blown away.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Jean, I just meant I cant easily decide between any of Lucas's competitors. In an alternate universe in which Lucas is the world's greatest director Keanu and his facial expression can be considered the world's greatest actor, Stephanie Meyer the greatest writer, and Everybody Wang Chung Tonight the greatest musical contribution to society. Looking at this threads options seems like looking at one of those pictures where you're supposed to determine which doesn't belong.
    Right...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Actually went with Oliver Stone on this one ...

SS - Nice call on Zodiac, btw. It's a very under-rated and textured film, IMHO, and I'm not even a Fincher fan.

re: Lucas - I guess I can see the Star Wars fanboy response - but him having the most votes, well that's surprising given the limited amount of actual directing that George Lucas has done. While I really enjoyed THX-1138 and American Graffitti, and they were both well directed, that's about it. I mean, Star Wars is one of my favorite all time films, but it's no directing masterpiece.

Could Lucas have handled a Dead Ringers ( one of my favorite Cronenberg films ) or a Talk Radio ? No way, I say.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn you Fincher !

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Damn you Fincher !
    I was thinking the same thing Everytime I see that Cronenberg still has a chance, the next time I come in Fincher's beat him again

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would be more worried about George Lucas right--travesty that that is.
    Heng Dai

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen The Fly, but I've seen almost all of Cronenberg's bigger films. Like I said before, I loved A History of Violence & Eastern Promises. I really didn't enjoy Videodrome.

I do feel that Fincher has a better body of work. I know Cronenberg is picky about what he shoots, but he hasn't made a film since 2007's Eastern Promises.

As for Stone, I know a ton of people who just hate the guy. Most don't even know why.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I would be more worried about George Lucas right--travesty that that is.
    I'd be quite happy if it was Cronenberg and Fincher that moved on. There could still be hope. They're both only behind by one and two votes.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stone is one of my favorite directors ever. Unfortunately he had the misfortune of being up against Cronenberg right away.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be okay with Fincher and Cronenberg moving on. And Still Servant, watch The Fly eysap!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went Fincher because, while I like Eastern Promises and A History of Violence, I love Fight Club and Seven and will watch them whenever they are on.

acdckingfan

Cronenberg wins this one for me

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

Let's get those votes in !

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Come on, people, we just need 3 more votes to prove there's justice in this world: 1 for Fincher, 2 for Cronenberg to go through. Lucas can't go through to the next round instead of Cronenberg! (And this is coming from someone who voted Fincher and is sticking to that vote!)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cronenberg ...

</3

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

gr gr grrrrrrrrrrr..........

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Come on, people, we just need 3 more votes to prove there's justice in this world: 1 for Fincher, 2 for Cronenberg to go through. Lucas can't go through to the next round instead of Cronenberg! (And this is coming from someone who voted Fincher and is sticking to that vote!)
    Cronenberg ...

</3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    gr gr grrrrrrrrrrr..........
    I should have added to my signature some villains threatening people to vote for Cronenberg, with a link to the poll.

Cronenberg ...

</3
    I feel your pain I'm getting so nervous!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to ask WHY is Lucas tied for the lead people?? I'm one of the biggest Star Wars geeks out there and even I don't think Lucas deserves this much accolades as a director. His only saving grace is having good actors to help him get out of the mess his stilted directing puts him in. He can write, he can produce wonderful films, but he can't direct a film to the QuikieMart. If you think otherwise, forget about Star Wars (the original film I mean) and look at Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. Look at horrible dialogue between Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman. (Who ever thought Portman could deliver such stilted dialogue?) Lucas is pretty good with the action part of his films, but he's spectacularly horrible with the softer side. The greatest part of the entire Star Wars franchise (The Empire Strikes Back) wasn't directed by Lucas. It was directed by Irvin Kershner.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast