Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Two will advance to the next phase !

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Cronenberg

9 28.13%
  • Oliver Stone

4 12.50%
  • George Lucas

10 31.25%
  • David Fincher

9 28.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 1, Group B

Hybrid View

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Round 1, Group B

David Cronenberg's IMDB page

Notable films: Eastern Promises, A History of Violence, The Fly, Scanners , Videodrome

Oliver Stone's IMDB page

Notable films: Natural Born Killers, JFK, Born on the Fourth of July , Platoon

George Lucas IMDB page

Notable films: Star Wars Episode I/II/III/IV, American Graffiti

David Fincher's IMDB page

Notable Films: Fight Club, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Se7en , The Game

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

David Cronenberg. I've never seen a movie by him that I didn't love.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    David Cronenberg. I've never seen a movie by him that I didn't love.
    Same here
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow.

I'm going back and forth between Cronenberg and Stone.

Gonna have to think on this one.

( because though I absolutely loved Star Wars and American Graffitti is wonderful ... George Lucas, not such a great director in my eyes; and I have never been greatly impressed with Fincher )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears won't vote for anyone in this group

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Eastern Promises & A History of Violence by Cronenberg, but I did't like Videodrome.

I like some of Stone's stuff, especially Platoon. I've never been a huge Star Wars fan, but I respect the impact they've had on pop culture and cinema alike.

Since I nominated Fincher, I will have to vote for him. I just feel he's a really underrated director. I've yet to see a bad film by him. Alien 3 was not great, but it was his first big film and there were so many problems with it that had nothing to do with him.

Se7en is a modern day classic. The Game is a very underrated film. If you haven't seen it, you should do so as soon as possible. Fight Club is such a great film. It's so fresh and different. Another underrated film is Zodiac. I'm not sure why it doesn't get a lot of attention, but it's such a great movie.

Keep your eyes out for David Fincher. He's directing the much talked about The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Went with David Fincher, too. Fight Club was very impressive, but it's just so different that it becomes hard to describe. Over used words like "dark" and "violent" don't cover it, really. "Fucked up" might be better, but it's still doesn't come close enough. Also, have to agree with Still Servant that The Game is definitely an underrated classic. A classic "wtf?!?" film if ever there was one!

Regarding George Lucas: good at story ideas, not so good a director. Bear in mind that of the original trilogy, he only directed the first one - Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand directed the sequels, respectively. And of the prequel trilogy, I only really enjoyed Revenge of the Sith, and even that was rushed in a few places. So, I must admit, as much of a Star Wars fan as I am, I am surprised to see him getting votes!

Admittedly, Star Wars did forever change the face of cinema and show what really could be done, so I suppose we've gotta be thankful for that. Just not so much for being responsible for creating Jar Jar Binks!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Cronenberg. Definitely.

*I have read it ''David Lyncher'' at first sight with a shock on my face.*

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Fincher... loved The Game and Se7en and I figure they'll be enough voting for Cronenberg
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Cronenberg, doesn't he look absolutely diabolical in that picture ?! I love that guy

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

give him an eye patch and he'd look like this...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lucas shouldn't have even been nominated. Yet he's leading as of right now.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe that Lucas is leading.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

He might win because people can't decide between his opposition.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How do you mean, win? Win? Win? Lucas???

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Lucas is...leading?

Bu...what? What? What?!?

Spoiler:
    Tennant said it better.

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm quite surprised as well considering the other directors he's up against. They all have such solid filmographies.

I'm beginning to get nervous for Cronenberg now.

Country
    Country Flag

I have just voted for him... couldn't stand Lucas leading...

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lucas is only getting votes because of people's knee-jerk Star Wars fanboy response. Truth be told, he is an excellent producer and a horrible director. His source material going into the Star Wars prequels was superb. It was a much-loved franchise with wide appeal; there is no reason a good director shouldnt have been able to knock it out of the park. But instead they pretty much sucked. Not to mention that his "directing" produced some of the worst acting I have ever seen from Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor, who are usually excellent actors. If he can't direct talent like that, his name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the words "best" and "director."

I went with Fincher.
    Heng Dai

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I went with Fincher.
    My man!

<--- because of the votes

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to sound like a sore loser people, but if Cronenberg doesn't advance.... this tournament is over

My Mood
    Yeehaw

On the plus side, feev: still over 6 days to go! It's definitely too early to tell if GL will even advance or not, especially considering there is a general dislike of him as a director.

Still...7 votes already?!?

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean, I just meant I cant easily decide between any of Lucas's competitors. In an alternate universe in which Lucas is the world's greatest director Keanu and his facial expression can be considered the world's greatest actor, Stephanie Meyer the greatest writer, and Everybody Wang Chung Tonight the greatest musical contribution to society. Looking at this threads options seems like looking at one of those pictures where you're supposed to determine which doesn't belong.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast