Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Predators!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is on my must see list. It's also on my wife's must avoid list.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As you most of you know, I'm a massive Predator(s) fan, so I'll definitely be watching this opening day ! I can't wait !

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

You know ... this one actually looks pretty good. Good cast, for one thing. I mean, how often to Academy Award Winners and Nominees do sci-fi/horror movies.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

there are a few big names in there that I didn't expect and to see more than one predator?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only thing I'm not quite on board with yet is the 'Predator dogs' ... the Predators pride themselves in being able to track and hunt their prey single handed, having these in the movie doesn't make much sense within the context of the Predator universe, but let's see how Rodriguez utilizes them.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wait!! We already discussed about how lame could this movie be??? I mean, they were selected to fight the Predators, for been the toughest mother fuckers in the earth, but...... How in hell may a person relate these to concepts: Adrien Brody and Topher Grace with "a group of elite warriors"?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, Adrien Brody looks pretty Rambo in those trailers. And I'm assuming that Topher Grace is some diabolically genius criminal mastermind capable of outsmarting his pursuers ... but that could just be wishful thinking.

Maybe the Predators kidnapped him for the sole purpose comic relief ?

Country
    Country Flag

Something you have to remember is that most soldiers and fighters are wiry and lean not hugely muscled like Arnold and his crew were in the first film. A fighter that is a lean 190 is a heavily muscled human being and doesn't have a lot of weight to carry around either. That equals strength AND agility. Arnold may be strong, but he ain't very agile.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

But he has that ridiculously macho accent going on, so it evens out.

"I don't do dis kind of verk."

"Get to dah choppah!"

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

"Dere be heap big problems with moose and squirrel."
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

WARNING : Even if this movie is an abomination to cinema, I'm going to come in here and say it's the best movie of all time. So be prepared guys

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

WARNING : Even if this movie is an abomination to cinema, I'm going to come in here and say it's the best movie of all time. So be prepared guys
    Even if you say is an abomination, i'm still going to see it, just for saying: "i knew this movie is a piece of sh/t!"

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before and I will say it again, if Topher Grace and Adrian Brody don't epically fail at defeating hordes of Predators, then there is no justice in film.

Think about this, it took Arnold and a unit of badasses everything they had just to defeat ONE Predator. There is no way those guys are going to be able to take out hundreds of them. This film is basically going to be a massacre.

Now, if you took the cast of The Expendables and put them in this movie, now we might be talking.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Well, I'm going into this with not too many expectations because I don't wish to be disappointed.

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Right at the climax of every fight scene,

"Stone Phillips" appears with transcripts from a chat, and asks the Predators to "Have a seat."

-Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

PREDATORS (2010)

Predator fans rejoice! Finally a sequel has arrived that is worthy of its 1987 predecessor, in the ultra serious and equally bloody Predators.

That a less than satisfactory sequel starring Danny Glover, and two underperforming Alien vs. Predator films, came before this Robert Rodriguez produced corker shouldn’t be a worry. With the Desperado filmmaker given complete creative control, and a more than game filmmaker in Nimrod Antal behind the lens, Predators does indeed prove that good things come to those who wait.

A magnificent opening scene, which features its cast of characters waking up to a freefall nose dive from the heavens, effectively snaps the viewer to attention as they are introduced to a motley crew of mercenaries, warriors, and mad men – killers one and all – who find themselves on a mysterious alien planet, which like last year’s Avatar is filled with unique vegetation and animal life, the films Hawaii location lending itself beautifully and meshing well with CGI constructs.

Leading the pack is the unlikeliest of action heroes in Adrien Brody, making Uncle Arnie proud with a beefed up torso coupled with a snarl worthy of Clint Eastwood. Joining him are the likes of Alice Bragga and Danny Trejo, yet it is Brody who occupies the lens the most and delivers while doing so.

(The less spoken about Laurence Fishburne and his impersonation of Tim Robbins from War of the Worlds, the better.)

Soon it becomes apparent that they are on a game reserve, and baying for their heads are the intergalactic hunters known as Predators, dreadlocked behemoths who are re-introduced as monsters to be feared, something which the AVPR series did not succeed in.

Much like its characters, Predators takes itself very seriously, and God bless its green blood pumping heart for it, as its rag tag group of grunts (save for Topher Grace’s suburban doctor) openly wonder if their bad deeds have sent them to Hell or someplace worse, as their need to survive far out ways any inkling of moral fibre.

Imagine, if you will, LOST without the confusion, more gore, and its inhabitants packing heavy artillery, as maximum firepower fills out the silence between the corny macho talk, which works oh so well with this kind of action movie.

Obvious is the affection Rodriguez and Nimrod have for the 1987 original. There is an attention to detail to its look and a respect to its back story, with much homage’s peppered throughout, the most obvious the re-introduction of the original Predator score, and a welcome return of the famed Gatling gun affectionately known as “Old Painless”.

The benchmark which both men are trying to emulate is, of course, the 1986 sequel Aliens. But while Predators doesn’t come close to James Cameron’s mercenaries against aliens classic, it does join the ranks of sequels which match up to their predecessors, even if it took 23 years to do so.

***1/2 out of 5

---

Source.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I so want to see this
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Now, if you took the cast of The Expendables and put them in this movie, now we might be talking.
    This would be the most amazing thing ever scene, and now, no matter what, the actual movie is going to be a letdown by comparison.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know this is going to sound shocking, but out of all the scifi/horror classics i've seen, including the first 2 Alien films (I wouldn't call the 3rd one a "classic"), i've yet to watch the original Predator film. That's something I need to sort out asap, methinks!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Doc, you have to watch the original Predator. It really is a fun film. It's especially cool to watch it years later and realize that not one, but two of the actors in the film became governors.

After reading the review that Feev posted, I now have hope that this could be good.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

The original Predator films (I really enjoyed the second film as much as the first) have always been high on my rewatch list. Maybe not in my top ten, but I would think they would be in my top 25 rewatchables list. Oddly enough, none of the Aliens films have made it into my dvd collection. I have them on video, but have just never wanted to go out and repurchase them for dvd. The Predator films on the other hand, I bought them the day they hit the stores and have been happily rewatching them since.

Predator = one of the best scifi/horror/action movies to be produced. In my opinion that is.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

One of the worst movie editing jobs I've ever seen was done on Predator.

Predator

The other was at a theater that served actual food and drinks. They cut to intermission immediately after a puking scene. Not really inspiring folks to go get those chili cheese nachos, there.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody else watching this tonight ?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Buy my ticket? *hopeful*
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast