Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Greatest Director Tournament - Nominations

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Who?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes, and I was pointing out that I don't even know who Anderson is. He is off my radar.
    I was trying to hush it up, in an attempt to help you save face...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Who?
    Geezer who directed:

Shaun of the Dead
    Hot Fuzz
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World

All of which are currently some of the most awesome and funniest comedies I've ever seen!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Yes, and I was pointing out that I don't even know who Anderson is. He is off my radar.
    Brices are open about their flaws...I feel no need to save face, but thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Who?
    Geezer who directed:

Shaun of the Dead
    Hot Fuzz
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World

All of which are currently some of the most awesome and funniest comedies I've ever seen!

Oh, ok....3 films I've heard of, but haven't seen.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...what? Scott Pilgrim, I can understand, but not Shaun of the Dead? Mate, you have to sort that out pronto!!! That's one of the best British comedy films ever - what do you think got Simon Pegg that one role in Doctor Who?

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So you're like really gonna' die when I ask who Simon Pegg is, huh? If you tell me which character in Dr. Who I can probably sort that out at least. I'll try to get around to SOTD soon.

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the above conversation sounds very much like there's something bears are missing on

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So you're like really gonna' die when I ask who Simon Pegg is, huh? If you tell me which character in Dr. Who I can probably sort that out at least. I'll try to get around to SOTD soon.
    The Editor in The Long Game. The IT Guy in Mission Impossible 3. Scotty in the new Star Trek film (far from being his best, tbh). He's been in a few US comedy films recently, you'd probably recognise him from an advert you saw on tv or something.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

the above conversation sounds very much like there's something bears are missing on
    What parts, Jean: the references to Dr Who (which you may have worked out as being my fav tv series ever by now, i'm sure) or the discussion on Edgar Wright movies?

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to go find a picture.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    What parts, Jean: the references to Dr Who (which you may have worked out as being my fav tv series ever by now, i'm sure) or the discussion on Edgar Wright movies?
    both... I remember your Edgar Wright recommendations, but I still haven't gotten around to watching anything

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, Doctor Who normally has a shitload of famous British actors, at least in this country, it's something it's earned through being an institution really: John Simm, Sir Derek Jacobi, Bill Nighy, and Simon Pegg, in which the last two had both starred in Shaun of the Dead and was a massive hit in this country, especially for Pegg, who's done a few roles in comedy movies in the US since then. But the golden rule over here is if you make it on Doctor Who, you've pretty much made it as a British actor!

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm surprised the royals aren't trying to get on Doctor Who so they can be somebody important too.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, from what I've heard, one of them almost did get on the show over 20 years ago: apparently the producer of Dr Who at the time John-Nathan Turner asked if Prince Edward could be on the show as a cameo role, but an advisor declined on his behalf. I think he really wanted to do it too, by the sounds of it!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

bears love British comedy

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That advisor is now in the unemployment line, huh?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

bears love British comedy
    Well, you probably couldn't go wrong with Shaun of the Dead: although the title of it makes it sound like another typical spoof of Dawn of the Dead, it's actually pretty different to the usual dumb-arsed parodies. Still hysterical, but there's none of those annoying little winks or stupid jokes you get in those stupid Scary Movie parodies. A great comedy whilst being a great zombie film in its own right is how I like to describe it.

I think one moment to look out for is the same long shot of Shaun going to a newsagents done twice: one before the zombie invasion, and one the day after. Absolute genius that moment!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

will download it as soon as I am through with the Spielberg I promised to watch

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I hope you like it Jean, and not realise that in fact I actually have such terrible taste in films then you'll never listen to another opinion of mine again!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quadrophenia recommendation covers a multitude of sins

My Mood
    Yeehaw

True, but then again I've yet to meet anyone who didn't like Quadrophenia.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

understandable

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Brices are open about their flaws...I feel no need to save face, but thank you!
    Awesome. Great philosophy. It's a case of The Director Wears No Clothes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6