Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Director Tournament - Nominations

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will not survive the next round. At least two of my nominees made it there, as well as at least two directors I would have nominated if someone hadn't beaten me to that. Now they will have to face one another...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I just can't believe that Round 1 saw the fall of George Cukor, Henry Koster, Oliver Stone... but John Hughes is still in the running.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Well, I just can't believe that Round 1 saw the fall of George Cukor, Henry Koster, Oliver Stone... but John Hughes is still in the running.
    and Lynch. Don't forget Lynch.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, my heart has still not recovered the loss of Lynch.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still unsure how JJ Abrams or George Lucas got into this...yet no one nominated James L. Brooks, Cameron Crowe or Michael Mann.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It makes me incredibly sad to think Takashii Miike didn't even get nominated.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

neither did Kenji Mizoguchi. I was going to nominate him, but I used up my last slot for Fassbinder, who collected 1 vote, and the vote was mine

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am unfamiliar with him.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

you absolutely got to watch The Life of Oharu and Tales of Moonlight and Rain

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*nods*

*adds them to the ever expanding list*

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

have you cleared the space yet?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've cleared some, but likely not enough. For some reason my comp isn't wantng to move, but one file at a time.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

tell me when you have 1.5 GB

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Right on! Or if you want you can send it and I can download immediately when I do have that much space. Or actually I suppose I can probably just download it directly to my external hard drive.

If you rescue me

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The 4 polls currently open are the last polls in Round 2. Once these finish, we will be able to move on to Round 3. After round 3 (8 polls), we will move on to Quarter Finals (4 polls), Semi Finals, all the way down to the grand finale

Country
    Country Flag

my only hope is that Hitchcock will stand...

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

We at least stand in agreement on that note Jean.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

well, Hitchcock is my second favorite director, but at least he is [almost] universally loved

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no doubt Hitchcock will make it.

But, in the meantime, I'm here to whine about Paul Thomas Anderson's fall.

Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Country
    Country Flag

I'll do some whining to support you

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure you'll whine more when I say...who?

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

everyone who ever needs my whining as support, Brice

Spoiler:
    except Spielberg and Tarantino

this time it was Seymour_Glass coupled with Paul Anderson

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, and I was pointing out that I don't even know who Anderson is. He is off my radar.

If you rescue me

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Meh, I'd like to whine about Edgar Wright being kicked out of the first round, but he's only done 4 films so far, one of which I haven't seen (shocking, I know, but they still ain't released Fistful of Fingers on dvd yet!), so I'm not really surprised. Still, I know he's currently one of the coolest, most stylish comedy directors out there based purely on his work on Spaced alone! Always been a big fan!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast