Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1809

Thread: the DT movie thread

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

All i see when I see him is Repoman.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

all i see him as is "Giles' but to be fair i haven't seen much of his work either. the show he did before Buffy i just love. that one was on for like only 1 season i think.but it's a damn good show. i forget the name of it to be honest. anyways that's a bad pic of him actually.

it's funny that people have made that remark about him since he was on buffy, but i can't remember if i ever saw that one. i prolly have but how in the hell can anyone remember that from over 20 years ago?

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    it's funny that people have made that remark about him since he was on buffy, but i can't remember if i ever saw that one. i prolly have but how in the hell can anyone remember that from over 20 years ago?
    Wait who are talking about

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

smartass he he

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

But I was serious were you still talking about Anthony?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh my bad. yes i was. i thought you were joking. it's hard to tell at times if someone is joking or serious when posting online. at least for me it is.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bet it is for you.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

to be fair, i've seen it happen on other sites where someone was joking & the other person would take out completely out of context & a fight would insue over the stupidist fucking thing. when all that happened was that it was just a bit of misunderstanding.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm usualy am joking more then half time I like to the randomly be serious

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

me to 9 times out of 10 it's me joking around. & that's why i put the he he at the end. so people will do i'm just kidding. but i can also be serious as well. i just don't want to start no fighting over dumb shit that's all. which is why i said what i did.

or rather my post above your's i'm of course referring to.

John F. Kennedy Darth Pyros is on a distinguished road Darth Pyros's Avatar

i think i found jake....his name is Devin Brochu, no picture because its better if you do an image search, it shows a handful of pictures and he can defiantly pull off the sweet innocent look of jake '77 as well as the young prentice of midworld.

idk about his ability to act yet, im looking into the movie he was just in with JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT, no where to see it, unles u got a time machine....or patience of steel

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pyros View Post
    i think i found jake....his name is Devin Brochu, no picture because its better if you do an image search, it shows a handful of pictures and he can defiantly pull off the sweet innocent look of jake '77 as well as the young prentice of midworld.

idk about his ability to act yet, im looking into the movie he was just in with JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT, no where to see it, unles u got a time machine....or patience of steel
    "You are tenacious like bull, I like"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUoAC5msF-U

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Along the Path of the Beam fivethirtytwo is on a distinguished road fivethirtytwo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good call, man. The kid certainly looks the part.
    "If a God watches over it all, does He actually mete out justice for a race of gnats among an infinitude of races of gnats?
    ...what must the nature of such a God be?"

The Gunslinger

John F. Kennedy Darth Pyros is on a distinguished road Darth Pyros's Avatar

...........strong like bull too, in the pants.

Traveler uKa-tet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really unsure about this. I love the DT books and have thought many times that as a TV series or as a set of theatrical films it could be an outstanding piece of work. At the same time, you can't forget how difficult it would be to cast a decent Roland, Eddie, Sussanah and most of all Jake. Imagine you get a child actor to come and read for the role of Jake, they wont have read the books - almost certainly - and the likelyhood of them understanding the main themes and complicated plot seems pretty slim in my humble opinion. Can you imagine a DT series or film with acting as bad as the kid who plays Anakin in "The Phantom Menace"? I think I'd die...

I would put my opinion of which network should get the series if it happens but since i live in the UK it will make very little difference to me.

Also just an added point, either lots of money will need to be spent on video FX or they're going to have to find a woman with half of both of her legs, who has the ability to walk steadily on them, move at a fair speed when required and even recieve a piggy back without strangling the poor fellow who ends up playing Roland and/or Eddie.

None the less I hope these problems are resolved and the series and/or films go ahead. Would be great to see Roland and his Ka-tet on the Big or small screen!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen some pretty good child actors in horror movies. The big question would be whether Ron Howard can work with kids on something less simple than his past stuff. But then again, Jake isn't all that young.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I've seen some pretty good child actors in horror movies. The big question would be whether Ron Howard can work with kids on something less simple than his past stuff. But then again, Jake isn't all that young.
    Right - everything, as usual, depends on the director. I don't think Ivana Baquero could at the age of 11 understand all the complexity and depth of Pan's Labyrinth, but her performance was perfect; there are other examples.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

I still think Nathan Gamble would be the best choice for Jake Chambers. He demonstrates great emotive ability in The Mist – bad child actors are unfortunately common and usually pull me right out of a film, but Gamble was totally believable as a child experiencing such supernatural and horrific occurrences. His character has the air of a 'real' kid in the film – I think this is especially noticeable if you watch the first scene (if you haven't, you can find it on YouTube). He is the polar opposite of that awful kid who played Anakin Skywalker.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Boy, ever'body hates that kid, don't they? I think I'll use him for my next avatar after Valentine's. Just to be annoying.

FYI: Lately, we've been discussing the films a lot @thislink --> The Dark Tower film opens May 17, 2013.
    As I understand it, the TV series are planned to mainly be set in Roland's past, like W&G era... but I hadn't thought before about that saving a lot of television FX money sparing them from depicting Susannah there. :LOL:

John F. Kennedy brandnewfan is on a distinguished road

http://dannyisntheremrstorrance.word...-casting-call/

I pretty much agree with all of this person's choices. They even have a casting call for the upcoming The Stand film.

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

If the Wizard & Glass flashback TV series is received well, hopefully they'll follow it up with adaptations of the original comics, using the same cast and crew. I really like The Long Road Home... but I wouldn't mind them skipping over The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins, as it's basically filler material.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I for one would just go ahead and give Susannah her legs back for the show. I actually would get annoyed with her various wheel chairs and often wished that she would sprout some legs just to speed things along.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, well, just think how she feels.

Along the Path of the Beam Canada is on a distinguished road Canada's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it would be as hard as everyone thinks to remove Susanna's Legs. 1) I don't imagine there would be a whole lot of pulled-out shots of her entire body, save for action scenes, etc. So most of the time it would be simple camera work to hide her nubs. 2) When they did need to remove her legs, they would most likely just wrap the "gone" portions in blue fabric, then shoot her against a blue screen, adding in video of the environment (and the other characters) later, which is not a very complicated effect (just time consuming.) It's the same exact technique they used to remove Lt. Dan's legs in Forest Gump.

And yeah, I too have faith in child actors, there have been some good ones. Just remember that there are bad adult-actors too!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On the other hand we could always take the old fashioned route. Actors tend to prefer acting with what they can see after all.

"Good news! We liked your reading and we'd like to offer you the part of Susannah! How do you think you'll cope with the different personalities?"

"Don't talk t' me bout dat yo honky mahfah. I's a method actriss!
    "Ooooh! I'm so sorry. I'm not sure what came over me! Don't worry young man I am very prepared. I am already living the roles don't you know!"

"Method actress did you say? We're delighted to hear that! I'm sure the next bit won't be too much of a sacrifice for you. Fire up the chain-saw, Nige."

Sorry. My humour goes to a dark place some times.

Jokes aside, Susannah should definitely be legless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast