Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1809

Thread: the DT movie thread

John F. Kennedy Darth Pyros is on a distinguished road Darth Pyros's Avatar

...............................<__<>__>

i think i found Callahan?

He's pretty close to the artist rendition, im not allowed to post it on the internet though.

obviously he'd look more the part with the scar and a serious scowl on his mug.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

He looks the part, but I still think the role of Callahan should go to Clint Eastwood.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

Default Ka-tet casting

Hey there everyone! This is my first post here. I just wanted to see what other fans of the series thought of my casting ideas.

Javier Bardem is my first choice for Roland – I originally liked the idea of Viggo Mortensen, but after seeing No Country For Old Men, I think Bardem is a better fit. He's free from the LotR baggage that would distract the audience if Viggo was cast, he's got a more suitable voice, and he has a cold, emotional distance to him which I'm not sure Viggo is capable of.

I would cast Nathan Gamble as Jake – he's the right age, he looks the part, and he's also a very talented actor, as evidenced in The Mist.

Jared Leto as Eddie. He's tall, pale-skinned and black-haired, which are the basic aspects of Eddie's look (or so I've always imagined). He played a New York heroin junkie in Requiem For A Dream, and that sealed the deal for me. The only problem is that he's a bit on the old side – he's in his late thirties – but he looks a lot younger than he is, and I think he could pull definitely off a convincing twenty-something.

I hope the rumour of Naomie Harris as Susannah comes true – she looks the part, and I think she can nail both the sweet and kindly Odetta aspect and the crazy, over-the-top Detta personality.

....eehhh, Calahan isn't that awesome, i mean yeah hes a former vampire minion and a kickin ass priest, but idk, i cant see Clint Eastwood wearing a cross, on his forehead or around his neck.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i agree, i can see "johnathon pryce do that HOWEVER

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Him for one of the Big Coffins

He will be in every movie if I had a say so

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i agree he does look like he'd be perfect for a role in the "DT" films i just LOVE that character on "Santuary" sorry for my spellling he he. lol.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hbgunslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I still stand pretty firmly by my Daniel Day Lewis for Roland.
    I guess I could see Joseph Gordon LEvitt as Eddie he's bordering on to old though.
    I do think Naomie Harris could pull off Susannah she's talented enough
    And for Flagg I still think Gary Oldman would be amazing but I don't see it happening.
    As for Jake I have no real good ideas, I still think a no name could work but you never know.
    Bardem is an amazingly talented actor but I just don't see him as Roland, I think he could possibly pull it off and if he does accept it I hope he wears the contacts.
    Oh and the Sheriff from WAG Avery i believe I always saw as John Goodman, but he just lost a ton of weight lol. I still think he could do it though.

i dont know who he would play but i also want to see Anthony Stewart in the movie.

also, Nick Brendon for Eddie maybe, hes got that perfect "retard" grin that I've come to associate with Eddie whenever he says something Eddie Dean like.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

that'd be fucking sweet! "Nicolas Brendon" in an A List film. he really hasn't done much work since Buffy ended. i'd LOVE it if he played Eddie.

it'd be like playing "Xander" again but kicking ass better! & i really doubt they will cast either of these guys though. who do you see "Anthony Head" as? anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    that'd be fucking sweet! "Nicolas Brendon" in an A List film. he really hasn't done much work since Buffy ended. i'd LOVE it if he played Eddie.

it'd be like playing "Xander" again but kicking ass better! & i really doubt they will cast either of these guys though. who do you see "Anthony Head" as? anyways?
    yeah i know, its a shame he's an excellent actor........I don't, at least, not in my head, i'd just really like to see him in this, even if h.....I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!

Mr. Tower

i feel so happy now, i was jsut typing and then bam it came to me. like a smack in the face.
    Last edited by Darth Pyros; 02-04-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: wootness

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Calvin tower right? well that's pretty much what he played during the 1st three seasons of buffy he he. a libarain. he he. sorry about my spelling. yes he was a watcher on buffy i'm just talking about his cover while he was living in sunnydale when the gang was still in high school.

to be honest, i honestly don't know who i'd want to be cast in any of these roles. big or small cause i think they would be HARD as hell to cast. some would be easier of course. but i think the ka-tet well the ka-tet of the standard timeline that we get outside of the flashbacks would be hard to cast.

i just HOPE that they don't cast someone like "Justin Bieber" that little boy. who looks about 10 years old but can't act. i can't wait until the CSI episode airs that's coming up where his character gets killed. not that i would want that to happen to him in real life of course. i wouldn't but in a tv show ayuh. what's also funny is that a LOT of the actors who can i think play Eddie would well play play him perfect i think are far to old for the role. the dude who plays "Eric" on the great show 'True Blood" i think would be good as one of "Jonas' goons maybe ? he's a pretty good actor.

not an a list actor by any means. but has a name cause of 'True Blood" i dunno who i'd want to play Cuthbert who i just LOVE to death & Alain.

though. do the actors have to be in their teens? i dunno? how old is "Sheemie" suppose to be in "W&G" anyways? it never really says to my best of knowledge.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Nicholas Brendand would be too old now, which is a shame

I see Anthony Head as a good Callahan though, as he is getting on a bit now

I hope that multiple actors are cast as Walter's different forms (the man in black, Walter o'Dim, Marten Broadcloak, Randall Flagg etc). I think his shapeshifting powers are a great opportunity for the filmmakers – you'd have a hell of a hard time getting a talented, highly-demanded actor like Gary Oldman to agree to play the character throughout the entire franchise, but I think it would definitely be possible for him to play just one of his forms.

I would like Peter Stormare to play one of them. He played the devil in one scene in the film Constantine, and his mannerisms and personality seemed eerily similar to those of the man in black...
    Last edited by Slender; 02-06-2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: typo

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Peter Stormare is a great actor, I loved him in Constantine , he would be a excellent choice for The Man In Black.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

tommy lee jones as 'Flagg" naw but interesting if they went with him.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    tommy lee jones as 'Flagg" naw but interesting if they went with him.
    now you are just being silly

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes i was being silly. i wasn't Seriously thinking about him playing him. ya caught me. but we have to have a sense of humor about don't we?

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Richard Dean Anderson

that is all

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

why am i NOT surprised you'd mention someone else with the SG-1 shows. hence "Santurary" is made by the same guys. he he. Simon Baker would be interesting as one of the roles. maybe NOT as "Eddie" he's far to old for it. but maybe someone in "Lud" ?

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think someone mentioned Alexander Skaarsgard? 'Eric' from True Blood. While I think that is an awful show, he could do well as the Tick Tock Man. Grow his hair out long and I think he fits the description pretty well.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i believe that was me. i love the show 'True Blood" i think "The Tick-Tock Man' would be perfect for him. he doesn't really need i don't think to grow his hair long or dye it blond if he doesn't want to. but he prolly would have to get more muscle to fit the role better. good choice.

I pictured the Tick-Tock Man as Jason Isaacs, but I think Ron Perlman would also be a good fit.

just found a recent-er/most recent available picture of Anthony head...looking at how he appears in this picture i definitely see him as Callahan instead of tower now.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't get past him being Giles or that guy in the Taster's Choice coffee commercial he did back in the late 80's.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast