Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: the DT movie thread

Gunslinger Apprentice blake316 is on a distinguished road blake316's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thankyou. We do have a perception of him over here (Black Adder/does a lot of commercials-bad ones) that does make him an absolute no no in my mind. He is a camp English man- not Roland. Viggo Mortensen would be great, Daniel Day Lewis especially.
    Last edited by blake316; 02-21-2008 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Blah blah

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    No way! We're serious.

Not only does Hugh Laurie look the part of Roland to me (gritty, hardened, tough)....

But he's an amazing actor who can pull off both serious, as well as comedic. I think he'd be perfect for Roland, whether shooting up the town of Tull and making the occasional joke.
    I'm as serious about it as I can get. It was the eyes that first did it for me, but the more I thought about it, the more it seemed right. The last two re-reads I have done I did with the image of Laurie in my mind as Roland and it could not have worked better. He is a superb actor, and he's not the typical action hero [like Jackman for instance]. He's the perfect "long tall and ugly."

Country
    Country Flag

Ive never in my life seen anything that tells me Hugh Laurie is a superb actor. Do I need to watch House?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Finally read the whole thread, and I have to say:

Roland: Gah! Stop suggesting Josh Brolin. He is the skeevy perv doctor in Grindhouse and will always be that.

Eddie: And Quentin Tarantino as Eddie? Dear god no. As Bob Dylan should write songs but not sing them, so should QT make movies and not star in them. It's painful to watch him on screen.

Eddie: Keanu Reeves as Eddie? A maple tree has more range and expression than he does.

Susannah: Halle Berry. Just no. I like Gina Torres from Firefly & Serenity. (Serenity is on my Netflix queue but I haven't seen it yet; no spoilers please. I already made the mistake of visiting the Whedonverse thread.)

Gasher: Yeah, Dennis Hopper.

Tick-Tock: I think Clancy Motherfucking Brown could do it. They can do wonders with makeup. By the way, that's his name. He's the Kurgan! Not just Clancy Brown. (Yeah, I remember him on Earth II, too.) However, as folks think he is too old, I'll settle for him for....

Steven Deschain: Clancy Motherfucking Brown.

Sheemie: I hate myself for saying Donnie Wahlberg. Srsly. It hurts me. I hate him so much.

Pere Callahan: Now I am really on board for James Cromwell. I've only ever seen the last few minutes of the Salem's Lot remake, so I was unaware he'd already played the role. Totally.

I know I have more to say, but time to shower.

Hrm, I wonder what the movie would be like if Clancy Motherfucking Brown played every role?
    Last edited by Woofer; 02-21-2008 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Clarification and homonym typo. Eep!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Quote Originally Posted by blake316 View Post
    Ive never in my life seen anything that tells me Hugh Laurie is a superb actor. Do I need to watch House?
    YES! He is riddiculously good in that role, and his mastery of comedic timing with respect to sarcasm is one of the reasons I feel he would be an ideal Roland of Gilead [remember, sarcasm is the only form of humor Roland really understands].

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Yes, yes, and yes. Hugh Laurie could do it.

you don't think Hopper is a bit old to be running through the streets of Lud? I don't think Gasher was in his 70's.

now Clancy-motherfucking-Kurgan-Brown would be a GREAT Tick-Tock. That I can see right here and now.

Country
    Country Flag

Ok so I'll watch House and let you know, two days Ive been on here and im comprimising already. Gasher - Andy Serkis

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    you don't think Hopper is a bit old to be running through the streets of Lud? I don't think Gasher was in his 70's.

now Clancy-motherfucking-Kurgan-Brown would be a GREAT Tick-Tock. That I can see right here and now.

No, he wasn't. However, Hopper in recent commercials looks great for his age, and Gasher looked really awful for his age (blossoms? ugh!). Once again, I think makeup could make it work. However, I'm open to other suggestions.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always made it clear I wouldn't want a DT movie made at all, but if it was here's who I'd cast for Roland:

The desert is in Namibia and would also be perfect.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

looks great to me, who is the dude?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Robert John Burke

...and the movie is Richard Stanley's Dust Devil. Check it out if ya' can.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gasher - Andy Serkis
    Fantastic idea!

And Clancey Motherfucking Brown.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

For some reason, this guy reminds me of Roland:

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    No way! We're serious.

Not only does Hugh Laurie look the part of Roland to me (gritty, hardened, tough)....

But he's an amazing actor who can pull off both serious, as well as comedic. I think he'd be perfect for Roland, whether shooting up the town of Tull and making the occasional joke.

You are on like a light Erin.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Before I didn't really agree with people that have suggested Viggo Mortenson for Roland. However, after watching Eastern Promises and seeing some recent pictures of Viggo, I am starting to think he may be a really good choice. He is rugged, really skinny, starting to show his age, and has blue eyes. Also, he proved that he can really act in Eastern Promises and that he would be a good mentor to whoever plays Eddie since he has already done a nude fight scene himself. I would definitely take him over Hugh Laurie.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, that guy looks the part for sure.

The Man With No Name.....what has he been in? Can he act as well?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Are you asking about the one i posted?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was actually asking The Man with No Name....but I just saw yours and now have the same question for you...along with...who is that?

He is on AMC's Mad Men show. Something about his jaw made me think Roland, the firs time I saw him.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    For some reason, this guy reminds me of Roland:

Who is he?

Do you like?
    He's from AMC's "Mad Men". When I saw him, I thought: Roland."
    ...fits for me.

Along the Path of the Beam The Man With No Name is on a distinguished road The Man With No Name's Avatar

Scott Glenn has played in The Bourne Ultimatum and Silverado to name a couple.

Trust me he could play Roland very well.

Watch Silverado and you will see that he could very well portray Roland onscreen.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Do you like?
    He's from AMC's "Mad Men". When I saw him, I thought: Roland."
    ...fits for me.
    Interesting. What else has he done? Movie-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With No Name View Post
    Scott Glenn has played in The Bourne Ultimatum and Silverado to name a couple.
    I suggested Scott Glenn several pages back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast