Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1809

Thread: the DT movie thread

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I will be upset if they try to cast 'pretty' people in all the spots. I could just see Justin Beiber being cast as Jake.
    Oh gosh I hope not!! I personally think that Jake is one of the lead roles that would be good for an unknown, the next up and coming star.
    I could see David from Lost playing Jake.
    I totally forgot about him. I had to google a picture to remind myself what he looks like. I think you are right

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the actor's name?

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Dylan Minnette

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

John F. Kennedy Darth Pyros is on a distinguished road Darth Pyros's Avatar

Dylan Minnette, and he could maybe be Jake, if he was still a little kid, i mean Jake is supposed to be what? 10 right? so then it wouldn't make much sense casting a mid to late teen for that role...unless they happen to be extra child-like, i mean he's 14 now, kind of a hard time for someone to pretend their still ten, voice changing and all that.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Yeah, I think he's too old. When does filming start? Next year?

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see jake when I look at him

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pyros View Post
    Dylan Minnette, and he could maybe be Jake, if he was still a little kid, i mean Jake is supposed to be what? 10 right? so then it wouldn't make much sense casting a mid to late teen for that role...unless they happen to be extra child-like, i mean he's 14 now, kind of a hard time for someone to pretend their still ten, voice changing and all that.
    There is no way they could cast a ten year old to play Jake. The role calls for more ability and maturity than a ten year old can offer. IMO
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I think so too. I kind of think they will make Jake a little older in the movies than he is in the books.

not saying they need too, just someone with baby face, ya know so he can have those moments of innocence and those moments of brutal adulthood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

Actually, Jake is said to be eleven in the first four books and twelve in the last three, so he is a little (very little) older than ten. I can't imagine they can bump the character's age up too much for the films, (maybe only a year) considering Jake's age is so integral to the father/son relationship he develops with Roland.

There is no way they could cast a ten year old to play Jake. The role calls for more ability and maturity than a ten year old can offer. IMO
    Oh, I agree. I'm really, really hoping they find a good Jake, because so many child actors just make you want to cringe, and Jake is such a pivotal part throughout the entire saga. This kid, whoever he is, is going to have to have those moments of innocence and brutal adulthood (love the phrase btw, Darth) not to mention multiple death scenes.

If they have to choose a fourteen year old I can live with that, so long as the kid can act. Of course, the issue with adolescent actors is how much they grow during filming: are they doing all three films right after another, ala LOTR, or are they having breaks in between? Then you might wind up with a seventeen year old actor playing a thirteen year old Jake. Sigh.

Traveler Gaia66 is on a distinguished road Gaia66's Avatar

My Mood
    Doubtful

I am all about Viggo, but not for Roland; he's too short and not old enough.
    I submit the following casting ideas:

LIAM NEESON- Roland:
    http://www.availableimages.com/image...alls/aph_5.jpg

TOPHER GRACE- Eddie:
    http://www.famtic.com/Image/588ddef9...95ff1999e4.jpg

REGINA KING- Susannah:
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/2262661_f520.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Delah View Post
    the issue with adolescent actors is how much they grow during filming: are they doing all three films right after another, ala LOTR, or are they having breaks in between? Then you might wind up with a seventeen year old actor playing a thirteen year old Jake. Sigh.
    that would be the worst, i hate the age skip, its why child actors end up getting so f-ed in the head because they go from super famous to shitty teen actor and then freak out on drugs.
    the thing is, idk how they are going to plan the time-lines, i mean 1-3 movies and a tv series with expansion if its well received, they'd have to go and do all three movies and two seasons of the show and just film solid for years to get all the shots they need before the kid looks too different.

I'm no casting agent or director, but I would guess common sense would tell those people that they're going to have to film at least the movies very, very quickly, hopefully one right after another, so that we don't wind up with a 17 year old Jake. Look at HP or Narnia: at least those books take place over a series of years, so the fact that you have 23 year olds playing 17 year olds isn't terribly far fetched.

But in TDT, the entire series is supposed to cover just around a year, right? They can fiddle with the timeline perhaps, make it seem like more time has passed, But I do *not* want to see an eighteen year old actor playing a fifteen year old Jake. But child actors just throw such huge issues into anything. You can only have them film so many hours a day, and Jake's in so much of the series, excepting most of TDOTT, WAG and the last part of TDT.

the thing is, idk how they are going to plan the time-lines, i mean 1-3 movies and a tv series with expansion if its well received,
    Yeah, I'd be really interested to know what's supposed to go in the tv series (I was under the impression it was going to be more Roland's past, ala WAG) and where the movies are going to end/begin. Where would you end the first movie/begin the second? And so on.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's another reason they should cast unknowns for the major characters. Sign 'em up to a contract for all the movies so they don't go diva between movies and ask for too much money if the first movie does well.

Someone above mentioned Justin Beiber as Jake and I almost opened my window and jumped out of from six floors up.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't stand Justin Beiber
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

. . . That "Pirates of the Caribbean" beauty Naomie Harris is being considered for the female lead in the Ron Howard's eagerly anticipated "Dark Tower" trilogy.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/we_h...BPsfbed4nQsqpI

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Another story on the same rumor regarding Naomie Harris.

I give her a

Also I give Viggo the same in the role of Roland.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree about Naomie Harris - she looks very much like I envision Odetta/Detta/Suze.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

ohh for sure, she has that look....like "I can be very civilized, but cross me andI'ill go ghetto on you and shank you with a bottle".

Along the Path of the Beam Rice Dancer is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by The Talisman View Post
    I'd like to see Josh Holloway play Eddie ("Sawyer" from Lost)
    I think he could work well.

Along the Path of the Beam Rice Dancer is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by craig85br View Post
    Just a quick thought on music if there was a movie.

This song has to be Roland's song!! I listened to it the other day after reading some of TDT and it instantly made me think of Roland!!

The song is "When the man comes around" by Johnny Cash. The lyrics are so apt!!!

and maybe this song for the end or very near the end.....

"Hurt" by Johnny Cash, these lyrics are even more apt than the ones above!!

Tried to attach links but for some reason I couldn't, you can listen to them both on YouTube if you don't know them.
    Someone probably already said this, but I think "Hey Jude" would have to be in there.

Someone probably already said this, but I think "Hey Jude" would have to be in there.
    I'd love it if "Hey, Jude" became a sort of running theme song throughout all the movies like it is in the books. Have Roland hear Sheb play it as he approaches Tull; have Eddie sing it as he drags Roland along the beach. Have Jake sing it when Gasher forces him to sing in the sewers of Lud. Have Susannah sing it after Algul Siento, and so on. Not the whole song, obviously (that would take up a lot of time, considering Hey Jude is what, eight minutes long?) but little snippets throughout the series.

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Delah View Post
    I'd love it if "Hey, Jude" became a sort of running theme song throughout all the movies like it is in the books. Have Roland hear Sheb play it as he approaches Tull; have Eddie sing it as he drags Roland along the beach. Have Jake sing it when Gasher forces him to sing in the sewers of Lud. Have Susannah sing it after Algul Siento, and so on. Not the whole song, obviously (that would take up a lot of time, considering Hey Jude is what, eight minutes long?) but little snippets throughout the series.
    I think that would be awesome!! It is a great song.

John F. Kennedy Serpent Raptor is on a distinguished road Serpent Raptor's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely

Too many pages to read, but the Thomas Jane suggestion sounds good. He WAS awesome in The Punisher.

I think the casting of Walter would be just as important as Roland--ruin the main bad guy, you ruin the DT film. How about Hugo Weaving?

Freddy Highmore as Jake sounds like a great idea to. The whole DT film would suck with some annoying child actor who isn't believable.

How would they do Oy? Trained strange breed of dog with make up? Cgi? First idea doesn't sound very plausible, but then, even now, using Cgi for a main character would be dodgy and unrealstic enough for people not to relate to Oy as a character.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some people keep recommending Josh Holloway for Eddie. Eddie is 23 years old when he is introduced in TDotT! Holloway is what? 40 years old . . . ?
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast