Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pic Prompt Poem Contest

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue.
    Suck my dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What???

It's funnier if you read it with Ben Stein's voice!

I'll try again:

A GOOD DAY AFTERALL

I woke up in a fog
    with nothing to say;
    had my coffee and shower,
    dressed and was on my way.

I was in a bad mood
    expecting a bad day
    when I looked up and realized
    the sky is gay!

~

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Did we collectively forget about this or what?
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

we criminally neglected

I hope to see some activity here

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

We need a new contest.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Try to lick your elbows

I'm just kidding (and agree with you about a new contest reviving this thread )
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Default out of the blue?

I hope its ok to post an image here to prompt possible poems...
    (Apologies to Jean and Odetta if Ive erred!)
    This one was in Huffpost recently and it touched something in me, and Im dying to read others' poetic perspetive on it.....

what grace of innocence
    unites the young
    in Joy
    such a simple magic
    is Love

Other perspectives on the image?
    Last edited by ladysai; 07-23-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: insert foot in mouth?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sweetheart, it's not "ok" - it's awesome!!! we sure need some activity here, and this picture is wonderful, as is your little poem

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

bearhugs!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Ladysai! *smooch*

Yay! OK, people... Start posting poems!!!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I asked my daughter the other day
    "Honey, do you know about Hiroshima?
    About Nagasaki, Bikini Atoll, or
    the Manhattan Project?

Ever hear of Enola Gay?
    Does the name Oppenheimer ring a bell?
    Do you know when they split the atom
    It was unleashing the hounds of hell?

Honey, do you have any idea
    What a nuclear bomb does?"

She looked up at me
    Eyes shining

And she said,
    "It goes boom, Daddy."

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Cool post!
    I especially like:
    "Do you know when they split the atom
    It was unleashing the hounds of hell?"

Have any thoughts on this image?

I am pondering a response to your image, Steve....

~smooch~ to Odetta!

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

We wore crooked smiles and belled-out jeans
    and pushed a shopping cart down the street.
    Hand in hand in hand in hand,
    black on white on white on black.
    Sometimes we got looks, we never got words
    except when this old man stopped us
    and said, "You give this old heart hope
    for the future of man."
    It didn't occur to me then, but now I realize
    That old guy was blind.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

We wore crooked smiles and belled-out jeans
    and pushed a shopping cart down the street.
    Hand in hand in hand in hand,
    black on white on white on black.
    Sometimes we got looks, we never got words
    except when this old man stopped us
    and said, "You give this old heart hope
    for the future of man."
    It didn't occur to me then, but now I realize
    That old guy was blind.

I'm sorry to bring the glass half empty, but it would kill me to find out this picture was "put together" and these kids don't even know each other"
    I'm sorry, this world has made me a part time skeptic. so the other part will hope that it is a random shot, and that all the media, interracial, intersexual, "we are all friends" , tv shows, presidency's,ect..is a real try, and not another magic trick.

Just sayin

Country
    Country Flag

well, since we are not in a discussion thread here, we'll assume, for this thread purposes, that it is a genuine random snapshot

on the other hand, one can as well assume that it is staged for propaganda, and write a satirical poem about that

or about something completely different, provided the photo serves the source of inspiration

anything, in short, except a political/social discussion here (we have Starkblast for these)

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    I'm sorry to bring the glass half empty, but it would kill me to find out this picture was "put together" and these kids don't even know each other"
    I'm sorry, this world has made me a part time skeptic. so the other part will hope that it is a random shot, and that all the media, interracial, intersexual, "we are all friends" , tv shows, presidency's,ect..is a real try, and not another magic trick.

Just sayin
    Half-empty or not, thanks for your observation.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    well, since we are not in a discussion thread here, we'll assume, for this thread purposes, that it is a genuine random snapshot

on the other hand, one can as well assume that it is staged for propaganda, and write a satirical poem about that

or about something completely different, provided the photo serves the source of inspiration

anything, in short, except a political/social discussion here (we have Starkblast for these)
    I agree with Jean, and would like to add that I would actually love to see a poem based on the concept that it is a staged picture!

Country
    Country Flag

yes, bears wouldn't mind it either

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

We split ebony

We split ivory...

These photos for posterity

Our film only captures two

Black an white

Me an you

Crack and crank

Poor man's stew
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Jon!!!!!!!! fuck, you're alive!!! you haven't been answering my PMs on FB, I have been so worried!

Nice poem, Jon, thanks for posting it!

Love it!

Nice to hear from you again, Jon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2