Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Haven

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've caught the 1st few episodes of this. I like it a lot, but it seems to be settling into a formula, and that I don't like. Basically, something weird happens, the main character figures it out, and at the tail end of the episode, she gets a teeny tiny clue that furthers her quest to crack the Colorado Kid mystery about a millimeter forward. I'd like to see more of a focus on the Colorado Kid , not totally dominating the show, but at least some meaningful info now and then.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

just saw some "Easter eggs" on a few of the episodes that are Stephen king related. they are subtle but they are there.

on a different note. Have you noticed in the picture they use in the series? The main woman is holding hands with a child. I wonder if that is a girl or a boy...can't tell because the picture is grainy.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

List of connections to Kings world:
    http://www.visithaven.com/Visit_Haven/Secrets.html
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It hasn't really pulled me into it, a little too predictable at times. I do like the general atmosphere of it though.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This week's episode was one of the best yet. Genuinely creepy, with an Agatha Christie "And Then There Were None" feel and a real shock ending.

Interesting aside: one of Audrey's birthday gifts was a copy of Misery Unchained (signed by the author before that lady chopped off his foot)!

And the tricycle made me think of The Shining.

The quality of the acting still leaves much to be desired, but I thought this was a good episode.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The U.S. cable network Syfy says its supernatural drama series "Haven" will return for a second season next summer.

Produced by Entertainment One, the 13-episode season is to begin shooting on location in Nova Scotia, Canada, in the spring.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was just coming in here to post the same. I gave up on the show after episode two or so. Just too bland, X-Files-lite sorta, and not much to do with King if anything.

I've been watching it via OnDemand on the weekends. I lived not far from where it's filmed, so I like the scenery, and I think the actors are starting to find their feet a bit more. It's SyFy, so expectations are low -- it compares poorly to Eureka, which was its lead-in until recently. Almost nothing to do with King, though they stick in the occasional nod, like the reference to Paul Sheldon a while back and some King books on the shelf on Duke's boat two weeks back.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could've sworn this was going to be a mini-series type of thing with a start and end date, kind of like Nightmares & Dreamscapes was on TNT.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am really enjoying this show, despite the fact that is is so very loosely based on The Colorado Kid.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's just started over here in the UK. It had started already when I switched over to the channel yesterday so I decided I'll watch the repeat, catch it from the start.

I saw a bit with a sudden fog that appeared which struck me as a tad hokey, but we'll see. The two or three characters I saw were likeable.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well we now know what those cracks in the ground were coming from...that is all i will say right now

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I caught the first episode in the end.

I quite liked it. It was interesting to see Nicole de Boer. Shows just how long ago Deep Space on as she looked quite a bit younger in that. (I don't mean that unkindly. She is still an attractive lady. And I'm no spring chicken myself, just a few years younger.)

That's the third actor in previous shows I've watched that have turned up lately. I saw an episode of Warehouse Thirteen the other day which featured Jewel Staite and Sean Maher from Firefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    well we now know what those cracks in the ground were coming from...that is all i will say right now
    Well, now, wasn't that a kick in the pants?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    Well, now, wasn't that a kick in the pants?
    from what I saw I don't think that story is over yet...
    Spoiler:
    did you see the stones shaking in the box...somehow makes me think they will bring him back later.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait till tomorrow....season premiere. From the previews they are showing they are going to do a homage to Pennywise in one of the episodes. Will see what happens.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Love this show, hope it doesn't get worse with the bigger cast.
    We'll see, wish they would keep the old guys on the show.
    Love the scenery in this show, filmed in BC?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Can't wait till tomorrow....season premiere. From the previews they are showing they are going to do a homage to Pennywise in one of the episodes. Will see what happens.
    I thought that looked like Pennywise in the commercial!

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Love this show, hope it doesn't get worse with the bigger cast.
    We'll see, wish they would keep the old guys on the show.
    Love the scenery in this show, filmed in BC?
    Its actually filmed in Nova Scotia.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No Pennywise this episode but there was the homage to 'It'
    Spoiler:
    Little boy with paper boat. hand in sewage drain. I was scared he would be bitten or attacked....lol
    The "fake" Audrey was interesting. wonder how that story is going to go. didn't like the episode as a whole though. The troubles were 'fixed' a little to quickly and easily to me. But I did like the ending
    Spoiler:
    with the two burying the dad and talking about the 'REV'.

Also sort of an homage to Rainy Season.

Check out this do-it-yourself trailer for season two made by the show's three stars while waiting to go before the cameras: http://www.twitvid.com/Q7ITN

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The IT moment was cool :-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Also sort of an homage to Rainy Season.

Check out this do-it-yourself trailer for season two made by the show's three stars while waiting to go before the cameras: http://www.twitvid.com/Q7ITN
    This was funny...lol

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Just skimmed over the last few posts - has the second series startd with you guys then?

Yes. Two weeks ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast