Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Haven

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, will we at least get a half assed answer to the mystery presented in the book?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, it just won't be King's answer!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Haven

Been seeing promos on SyFy for this new series "based on The Colorado Kid by Stephen King." I don't know much more yet... do we already have another a thread about it? Comments, anyone?

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

For a little more info on it go to http://www.showcase.ca/shows/showspa...itle_id=256989
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

I saw the pilot last night and it looks promising. Dosn't look much like Colorado Kid yet though...but that might change.

Lilja

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just to remind you guys, this premieres tonight, so I hope you have your DVRs set.

Also, the producers want King to do a cameo: http://www.rabiddoll.com/node/1296

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, I forgot about this. I'll have to check it out tonight. It's SyFy right?
    Heng Dai

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Here is an interview with Sam Ernst, the series creator.
    http://www.liljas-library.com/showinterview.php?id=74

Lilja

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I get a "Dead Zone" vibe from it (Nicole de Boer's presence helps). I like Duke, though the main character is a bit on the brash/brusque side. I definitely wouldn't let her borrow my car. Definitely a long way from Colorado Kid, but it pairs up well with Eureka on a Friday night.

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

The acting seems stiff and kinda amateurish from the main character(female..plus when she talks..its so monotone). Kinda feels like a ripoff of Xfiles at the moment.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not much to do with Colorado Kid. Kinda tacked on, whatever there was of it.

Along the Path of the Beam towerfan is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

It didnt realy seem to have much to do with the colorado kid to me! but i will keep watching to see how it comes out.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't have much with Colorado but it was obvious after what creators said about it.
    But it could be great series in my opinion, it's definitely similar to The X Files and I am big fan of it. I like main characters, I like Audrey's biting tongue

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Haven't watched it yet. Have it taped, though. If it has an x-file vibe though I may love it. Don't really know much about it but I figured if it was Uncle Steve's vision, I have to at least try it.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen it yet. (Actually, I haven't read the Colorado Kid, either. As for differences, that was intended to be the case. And King himself wanted Haven to have a supernatural element to the show, too.) I'm not sure if it's even available over here in the UK yet, although I get the impression it was going to be a global release.

Seems like my cup of tea anyway.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Promising so far. Need to see the other episods though...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Episode 2 was pretty bad, I thought. Bad acting, bad plot...nice scenery!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post
    The acting seems stiff and kinda amateurish from the main character(female..plus when she talks..its so monotone). Kinda feels like a ripoff of Xfiles at the moment.
    I thought the exact same thing! The main character was kind of annoying to me and her "shady" boss reminded me of X-Files. It almost seemed like they were trying to cross X-Files and Heroes...yet failed.
    Tis a shame cause I was excited to see this.

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still holding out hope for it!!
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

I dont know how the main female character got the part, she is not that good.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

the show kinda reminds me of fringe in a way. only no mad scientist and parallel universes to contend with but you never can tell. seems like the stories they have come up with so far are about people with special abilities. hope that is not the whole premise of the series because it will get really old real quick.

well that's my 2 cents for now.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

While watching this on cable on demand I noticed something in the opening credits. There is a newspaper article with the name of a person named Reverend Flagg. I thought that was interesting.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

I just caught that this week, too. The third episode was a bit better than the second, but it's still a bit weak. Nowhere near as good as The Dead Zone series was.

Country
    Country Flag

Unless this gets a little more King-like and less X-Files-like, I think I'll remove this series from my DVR, to be honest. It's not bad, but there are much better TV shows out there to watch. And since this has very little to do with King, even that novelty has pretty much worn off already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast