Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which ka-tet is closer to your heart?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roland's first ka-tet.

12 19.35%
  • Roland's second ka-tet.

50 80.65%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which ka-tet is closer to your heart?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that they might not fit in, but hell, I like one as a pet and friend

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

With the vast increases in genetic engineering it very much possible that customized and created species could be a thing for the near future..so we could have billy-bumblers for real.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

ah, true true

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    With the vast increases in genetic engineering it very much possible that customized and created species could be a thing for the near future..so we could have billy-bumblers for real.
    If a speaking and dancing duck is a billy-bumbler.. yes we will.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

?????

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Actually I wasn't kidding Letti. Its a technological possibility for the very near future.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually I wasn't kidding Letti. Its a technological possibility for the very near future.
    I wasn't, either.
    But we will see how far people are allowed to go and if we might play God.
    I don't say these things are good or bad... no, not at all, don't misunderstand me but there might be closed doors researchers haven't met yet.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

The second one, just because we get to know them on a much more personal basis, if you will. Perhaps if we had spent more time with Cuthbert and Alain, I'd like them more, because I did feel a connection with those boys, regardless of the fact that we spent only one book's worth of time with them.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    second. Beyond compare. The whole book was about the second ka-tet. They are the people we've been traveling with, sharing their joys and sorrows all along, living their lives down to the smallest detail
    Spoiler:
    and dying their deaths.
    I'd agree with all of that.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Definitely second... but I'm waiting for a third!

John F. Kennedy susie is on a distinguished road susie's Avatar

the second. the first just kind of naturally formed, the members were trained since childhood, etc... whereas the second, some of the members were dragged into it kicking and screaming, there was more interesting character interaction, etc.
    plus they had oy...
    "where the road is dark and the seed is sowed
    where the gun is cocked and the bullets cold
    where the miles are marked in the blood and gold
    i'll meet you further on up the road"
    -themaninblack

The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The First!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I think the second because (a) Jake Chambers may be my all time fav fictional character, and (b) we spent so much more time with them. Now, perhaps when the the comic series takes us up through Jericho Hill I will feel as if I know the first tet as well. I did enjoy their interaction in W&G, especially given what they were able to accomplish at such a young age, but I feel I "know" the seconf tet much better.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sai blaine View Post
    The First!
    It makes you one of very few, David; can you elaborate a little?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

The First!
    Yes, your answer was way too interesting and short at the same time.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excluding the fact that the second Ka-Tet is what the story is really about, I've always been left wanting a lot more about the first. There are so many untold stories of Rolands first Ka-Tet. Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain, have been my favorite. They seem so naturally drawn to each other, and they stick together by choice. The second Ka-Tet grows into that same kind of feeling, but it's not naturally developed. It was forced by the drawing, and these characters are not people Roland necessarily chooses. They are thrust upon him.

The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The First!
    Yes, your answer was way too interesting and short at the same time.
    Jean remebers me!

Of course i will... There are a few reasons to me why i picked the first, one being simply i prefered the younger roland to his older self, i felt that he was far more likable with more depth to him whereas just when i started to like the older roland he did something to make me hate him again. To me the second ka-tet, while you learn more about them then the first you see there failings as a ka-tet... *thinks of the best way to put it*

Country
    Country Flag

So... do you hate the older Roland? Or you don't like him?

John F. Kennedy Truth is on a distinguished road Truth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    Excluding the fact that the second Ka-Tet is what the story is really about, I've always been left wanting a lot more about the first. There are so many untold stories of Rolands first Ka-Tet. Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain, have been my favorite. They seem so naturally drawn to each other, and they stick together by choice. The second Ka-Tet grows into that same kind of feeling, but it's not naturally developed. It was forced by the drawing, and these characters are not people Roland necessarily chooses. They are thrust upon him.
    Exaclty why I had to choose the first Ka-tet compared to the second
    -The Cake is A LIE-
    -And Thats The Truth-

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

The second Ka Tet is closer to my heart, with the exception of Susannah.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The second Ka-tet for me as well. They were the ones that got me hooked on the story and there's not enough information or back story about the first Ka-tet. Also the story isn't about the first Ka-tet either its about the second one and what happens to them when they decide to stay with Roland on his quest to find The Dark Tower and see it for themselves.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    The second Ka Tet is closer to my heart, with the exception of Susannah.

Dayum!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I know its harsh Girly, don't hate me.

I think Cozener put it best when he complained that if she was crazy or crippled it would have been much smoother, but having her both, significantly slowed and unnecessarily complicated the plot at times.

I know its a minority opinion.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Oh...I'm no saying I completely disagree. I've said many times that, if it wasn't for Eddie's love of her, I may not have grown to like her as much.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

The L-Tet is my favorite...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast