Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which ka-tet is closer to your heart?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roland's first ka-tet.

12 19.35%
  • Roland's second ka-tet.

50 80.65%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which ka-tet is closer to your heart?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Which ka-tet is closer to your heart?

So... which ka-tet is closer to your hearts? And let me know why.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

second. Beyond compare. The whole book was about the second ka-tet. They are the people we've been traveling with, sharing their joys and sorrows all along, living their lives down to the smallest detail
    Spoiler:
    and dying their deaths.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I second everything Jean said!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe anyone would say the first one. Maybe once we know more about them, thru the comics, we can come to love them as much as we do the second ka-tet. Who knows? I voted for the second one for all the reasons Jean said.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I also feel closer to the second for all the above reasons, but think my veiws would change with more first ka-tet backstory. I like the characters from the first better, well thats not true, just Cuthbert

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll third what Jean said. #2.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

definetly the second anyon who said the first is no Dark Tower or Stephen King fan

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldnt go so far as to say that IKTCK. I voted the first because Roland aside, Cuthbert (and later his reincarnation Eddie) is my favorite character. Yes, yes, yes, The series in mainly about the second ka-tet and yes, yes, yes those are the character we know and love. But since my favorite character (again, besides Roland) and my favorite moment (Jericho Hill) is involves the first ka-tet, hat would give me just enough inclination to vote for the first. As the great Stan Lee would say:

Nuff Said!

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    I wouldnt go so far as to say that IKTCK. I voted the first because Roland aside, Cuthbert (and later his reincarnation Eddie) is my favorite character. Yes, yes, yes, The series in mainly about the second ka-tet and yes, yes, yes those are the character we know and love. But since my favorite character (again, besides Roland) and my favorite moment (Jericho Hill) is involves the first ka-tet, hat would give me just enough inclination to vote for the first. As the great Stan Lee would say:

Nuff Said!
    Well then you're not a Dark Tower or Stephen King fan. At least according to Mr. Authority-On-All-True-Opinions above there..
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for the second one. Only because I need more stories about the first in order for it to be a fair choice.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I voted for the second one. Only because I need more stories about the first in order for it to be a fair choice.
    Pussy.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Though the scene in the bar where the first ka-tet saves Sheemie is dear to my heart, the second ka-tet is the group that I fell in love with. They are the characters that I couldn't wait to hear more about, the ones that I suffered with and cried over. Wtihout a doubt, the second ka-tet is the nearest and dearest to my heart.
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

No surprize here, the so called second ka-tet is who we relate to so well.
    Its like it could have been us Roland slipped into, us he drew to him on that beach, or found wandering. and I am pretty sure weve most of us anyway fancy ourselves gunslingers in our imagination.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree--I do wish it would have been me sometimes but I would have had to grab Dora on the way through.

Then Roland would have gotten even more sick of our lovemaking than he did with Eddie and Suze.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

i love cuthbert and alain

but i have to go with the second ka-tet as well. i can relate to them more, and we've been with them for much longer than the 1st ka-tet.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second....because of Jake and Oy. They are who made him humble, if even for a moment.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Oy........he's what finalized my vote

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the two of them (Jake and Oy) may have singlehandedly taught Roland the meaning of loyality and friendship
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

agreed

And incase there was any wondering about it..Oy IS a member of their ka-tet.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    And incase there was any wondering about it..Oy IS a member of their ka-tet.
    Even Roland would agree on it.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me, or do you think the world would be a better place with billy-bumblers?
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    Is it just me, or do you think the world would be a better place with billy-bumblers?
    It's not just you but I don't think they would have a nice life among us in our world.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't forget that Oy was driven away by his kind. I don't know if we can consider him a typical billy-bumbler.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    don't forget that Oy was driven away by his kind. I don't know if we can consider him a typical billy-bumbler.
    And when the Old People lived many billy-bumblers could speak and they were tame and they loved to live near the people.
    Anyway yes Oy wasn't a typical billy-bumbler.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast