Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Cronin Spoilers!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hadn't heard of this book, but have ordered to take on holiday

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You'll love it Lisa...it's definitely pants and shirts.

Is there anyone going to a signing on the tour that would be willing to get me a book signed (I don't know how many they'd allow)? I'd be willing to pay for the book, shipping, and all other expenses.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Confused!

Posted in diff Thread...

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am going tonight, so excited!

Ricky, if you want me to pick one up for you, send me a pm and I will get details!

Karen
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I am going tonight, so excited!

Ricky, if you want me to pick one up for you, send me a pm and I will get details!

Karen
    Have fun Karen!

I have a book coming to me from that signing.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Nice! I can't wait to go.

A little sad that I haven't had time to finish the book. On page 559 right now. Read over 100 pages this weekend...but I have an apartment to pack up and didn't get in as much reading time as I wanted to
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't had a chance to finish it either.

I may have read 100 pages over the weekend. I was just so busy with I couldn't sit down and do some major reading...

Hopefully I will finish it this week.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Lurking

Page 669 OMG!! soooo good

So, got to the signing just in time!

Justin is very nice and funny when in front of a group, but I didn't find him very personable one on one. So, you take what you can get.

But I did get Happy Birthday Karen his sig and the date in my book!

It's going to be two years until the next one! UGH!!!

He says he already knows the last line of the last book...makes me think of Lost! LOL

I took a couple of pics, you will have to wait til I get home to get them as the camera is there...sorry.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This review doesn't make it sound that exciting:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/magaz...#axzz0raaebByA

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

If you read the reviews on Amazon, you'll find a large contingent of posters who are annoyed that he spends so much time on characterization and description. If you're looking for a fast-paced thriller, this isn't it--though it does have some exciting, full-tilt boogie sections. But if you're looking for a very well crafted, throughtfully considered, expertly executed post-apocalyptic tale, this puppy is for you. I don't know if Cronin has read all of the following, but different parts of it seem influenced by: The Stand, The Road, The Omega Man/He is Legend, The Battle For the Planet of the Apes, Swan Song...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev, I agree. I'm only on about page 450 or so, but I'm finding lots of "ties" to most of the post-apocolyptic novels that have been done. I'm hoping things get a little more original in the following pages/books. I guess I'm going to have to wait about four more years to find out, though.

By the way, that link to the review in the Philly paper that pablo posted does have some spoilers in it, so beware!

John

My Mood
    Lurking

Now, see, I have had NO problem connecting to the characters in the book. Pulling for them and feeling for them.

I am almost done...page 704!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Read the part yesterday where
    Spoiler:
    Alicia and Co. investigate the library and the virals "hunt" them in the mall. That entire sequence combined with Theo getting thrown through the roof and Amy's re-introduction is definitely one of the best that I've read so far.

And if
    Spoiler:
    Brad is dead/doesn't come back, I will be seriously peeved!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Lurking

Ok, I just finished it!!!

Spoiler:
    I am not happy with the way it ended. And only because of the fact that it's Blaine all over again and I have to wait to find out what happens!!

It's a great read...I only struggled to get through a little bit of it, so that's not too bad.

Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did and let's hope he writes faster and gets it out before 2012!!!

My Mood
    Lurking

Ok, here's some pics from the signing!

He likes to talk with his hands! LOL

Country
    Country Flag

Nice pics, Karen! He looks totally different in the one with you than he does in the previous ones. Maybe because he's not smiling?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Lurking

Yeah, I was kinda like...hello, the least he could have done was smile! LOL

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished it today! Two years, eh? Grrrrr . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

LOL Karen, I was thinking the same.

I'm on page 440 and really curious as to what direction the next section will take!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default pic

He looks like he is pondering the amount of money he just made suddenly.

Here are my two signed books. One signed to me. One I requested be written as "To the winner of the EBay auction." He declined to write that, so flatsigned. I wasn't going to sell it even.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished it.

Spoiler:
    poop, 2 years Wonder if Sara and all with her live or if that was the last of her journals? I can't believe I didn't connect the name Peter to Amy's "Peter" stuffed rabbit until Sister Lacey told him "so you're Amy's Peter". Reminded me a lot of The Stand when she also told him he would be the one "to stand" for Amy.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Went to the signing in the DC area - enjoyed the reading and Mr Cronin's sense of humor. While signing my books I asked him how he really felt when Stephen King called into the TV show he was on to lay on the praise - he said he was totally flabbergasted, speechless. I mentioned that getting a Stephen King recommendation lauding his book had to help sales and he said "the main put food on my table, "i'll never be able to repay him for what he's done for me!"
    I got The Passage signed/personalized and dated; also got an earlier novel in pb form that I found in the store signed the same way - that was The Summer Guest.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got a signed copy from River Run - for his inscription, he wrote "All Eyes". I'm only on page 400, but is that a reference to something later on? Don't spoil anything for me if it is...just curious.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, it's an expression that kicks in later on in the book.
    Spoiler:
    A warning.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I got a signed copy from River Run - for his inscription, he wrote "All Eyes". I'm only on page 400, but is that a reference to something later on? Don't spoil anything for me if it is...just curious.
    You don't have to worry about spoilers for that. It basically means "watch out" or "be careful". I am on page 440 and it recently came up, so your not too far from it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast